The Phase 2 Apocalypse

I feel like the addition of phase two has led the game to a complete meltdown among the community, and left a large hole in the success of classic wow. Ever since then the forums have been in brambles, horde and alliance have been arguing over faction imbalance, and there has been many unaddressed issues today about the game. What do you guys think about the current state of the game? Just would like to hear others opinions.

11 Likes

Less than 5% of the community posts on these forums, but great job using the word brambles.

5 Likes

There’s a reason most realms don’t have queues anymore. All I’m going to say.

4 Likes

I think they should stop the charade and just release all content now. No one wants to wait for things, especially when they are on outnumbered PVP realms.

3 Likes

I think if we had some tweaks to server balance or increased guards we might be going the right direction. They’ve already modified the guard’s range a bit, I could see more being added and a que for any faction over represented atm.

2 Likes

I think everything is fine. Anyone who can’t make it through this phase wasn’t going to last the entirety of classic anyway. Phase 2 in my opinion has breathed life back into the world and gives many people a reason to go out into the world again outside of herb/node farming.

World of WARcraft

there are a lot of things that ultimately result in classic being classed a failure. world pvp has been the biggest positive, and it’s such a shame we’re about to lose it before it gets to the best part after the hyped zergs start to die down.

because of layers that resulted in megaservers that resulted in transfers. not because of phase 2.

1 Like

The ONLY complain I have is them removing the layers in very high pop servers. If you cry about PVP in a non-full server, you deserve to go back to retail

1 Like

They shouldve given the phase 2 announcement date a bit earlier. 10 days notice was quite short imo. It did come as a bit of a surprise that ph2 was starting in mid nov to a decent ammount of ppl i wuld guess. I was 1 of em. Luckily i was close to the finish line and managed to hit 60 a week before ph2. Now i live in SS wpvping :rofl:

It has been such a positive that people have been quitting in droves or rerolling on PvE servers. It has been such a positive that Blizzard is pushing out BG’s months earlier than expected. It has been such a positive that half the threads on the forums declare that phase 2 is unplayable, and how it took them 10-20 deaths to make it into BRD.

No, the worst thing that ever happened to Classic is phase 2. And luckily Blizzard is trying to save the game by pushing BG’s early. But I think the 10th is even too late.

4 Likes

BGs are only going to make it worse. It takes the players from Alliance with an interest in PvP OUT of the world, and puts them in an instance, meanwhile Horde will have insanely long queues because the majority of the PvP playerbase is Horde. It means there will be less Alliance counter-ganking groups, so even more Horde competition to kill the few fools still trying to level in the madness.

1 Like

https://wowclassicpopulation.com/activity

It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down

2 Likes

What I think is you could have posted in one of the dozens of other threads already existing on the subject.

Phase 2 without BGs is just a gankfest. It’s not PvP.

Phase 2 should last long enough for a good portion of the horde that wants it get high warlord. Now that it is ending soon. Such a waste.

What I think is that there are ONLY THREE WEEKS UNTIL BATTLEGROUNDS RELEASE. People should take a deep breath and relax; there isn’t anything wrong with stepping away from the game until this change is implemented. Like I’ve said on other posts, this is just a tiny moment in the game’s lifespan. I would be more sympathetic towards people being screwed over in PvP right now if Blizzard hadn’t already announced an imminent fix for the issue at hand.

Oh, and in anticipation of the anti-Horde troll posts, no I don’t gank, no the server balance on my server is not broken, and yes, I do want faction-balanced servers, because PvP servers turning into Horde-only PvE wastelands is awful for the game.

That is too long. Two weeks would be tolerable only because the holidays are coming up.

I don’t know what to tell you, I don’t control the release date for this. The content is coming out, you can either wait for it or not. 3 weeks might seem like awhile, but in the video game industry where people are used to tapping their feet for “Blizzard Soon” games, it’ll be here before we know it. If we could wait for a decade for Classic WoW, we can wait less than a month for BGs.

If 3 weeks isn’t too long, then why couldn’t we just wait the original 3 months? I mean, three months vs 10 years, why is everyone complaining?

Either phase 2 is dumb and needs to end ASAP or it isn’t. Pick a side man.

Lol lose it? You don’t know what you’re talking about my friend

1 Like