The over-importance of M+ Key runs

You’re just engaging in speculation, correlation, and your own biased opinions which leads to you just doing a lot of rectal ventriloquism.

There is still arena gear. If you are a good pvper your gear will have a higher pve ilvl.

No there isn’t. Arena gear is gear that can ONLY be attained through Arena/Rated play. That is 100% being removed. They are going back to the 2 rank system from WoD where there is just Honor and Conquest gear. You can get Conquest gear from Quest or BGs.

Which is how it should be. You should get BiS in regular play and competition mode should be solely for competition. M+ and PvE should be the same. It isn’t complicated.

Why not add max raid gear from LFR as well to complete the trinity of equality?

It is the “regular play” version of the raids. Then normal/heroic/mythic all can not drop gear and just be for clearing and competing.

The vendor will sell conquest gear for everyone it scales to max pvp in pvp instances. The pve item lvl wont scale in pve. Better arena players get better pve ilvl.

Blizzard doesn’t think lfr is a difficulty :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No one wants that except entitled raiders.

87% of statistics are made on the spot to prove a biased point.

Yeah, this is some pretty good initial ideas.

Honestly, there just needs to be more loot overall in the game and it needs to come from many sources.

It’s funny because compared to most of this games history, except maybe BFA, this game constantly vomits so much high quality gear at you for minimal efforts it’s quite insane.

1 Like

This game needs to vomit gear to players anything else is insane.

Well we are in luck because it does, in spades.

I mean we have a path to unlimited 298 gear from day 1 of the patch from a very easy content source.

That is way more lucrative than…pretty much anything ever?

Sorry, this isn’t the case for all players.

Notice I said:

I wish M+ gear was good for M+ content and world content but not viable for raids.

I wish raid gear was good for raiding and world content but not viable for M+.

Those who enjoy both could continue to do so and those who prefer one over the other could do the content they enjoy while not being pressured to do the content they don’t enjoy.

Win/win.

2 Likes

You probably missed the tremendous amount of post since the implantation, while I agree in a sense, players who wants to push in pug clearly don’t understand the purpose of the community and these players become toxic at the first bad turn of event.

MMOs have a pretty slow game pace, time reaction isn’t about reflexes, players don’t even have to predict the move of the mobs the game gives every possible cue, elitists claim it’s about skills while it’s about learning the mechanics and have good knowledge of the systems. In the end I wonder why and how this elitism took place… just silly to even imagine to take it seriously but many do :roll_eyes:

I remember few good drop from Vanilla-TBC which was obtainable in Open World only… but I would assume that’s for Classic players.

Players don’t even have to think about a strategy, the instances are designed in a way that learning the dungeons point out the obvious strategy, once done a fail attempt means that gears doesn’t have an ilvl high enough.
I’m no stranger to timed instances, I have done countless Greater Rifts in D3, so when I saw this game mode adapted to WoW I gave a try but didn’t liked it for various reasons and it became monotonous quickly.
I’m only stating what I noticed from M+, players are free to like it, overall it’s a good adaptation for WoW.

*emphasized text

I totally agree. And the creation catalyst increases the pressure because M+ tier is upgradeable.

I’d just like to see separate gear. Make M+ gear work well in keys and raid gear work well in raid.

1 Like

The main issue with gearing in PvE is people say raid drops are too low and that Mythic+ drops too much loot, mostly because its spammable. There’s an easy solution to normalize the problem that doesn’t require separate PvE gear.

Allow each raid boss and Mythic+ dungeon to award a currency, similar to Valor. The goal we should try to strike here is that clearing the raid on a single difficulty should award you the weekly cap. There will be a requirement to do a specific number of Mythic+ dungeons to equate to the time spent for a full raid clear.

This currency would be used to buy gear from a vendor, you get to pick the order and what pieces you want to obtain first, entirely player agency.

Now the quality of items purchased is where we tie into a character’s progression.

The progression could be tied to a number of boss kills on a given difficulty, a number of Mythic+ dungeons completed, etc, whatever seems reasonable and universal. Killing bosses on higher difficulties increases the purchasable item levels. Additionally doing specific levels of Mythic+ keys would unlock the same.

In addition, raiders would gain access to transmog, pets, mounts, achievements, and titles that are exclusive only to the raid. Similarly, Mythic+ goers would gain access to a different set of transmog, pets, mounts, achievements, and titles that are exclusive to Mythic+.

This system eliminates a lot of the common concerns:

1. Raiders don’t want to have to Mythic+, now they don’t. If your raid group isn’t capable of doing a full clear, you still have the option to supplement your currency gains via Mythic+ if needed.
  2. Mythic+ goers don’t want to raid, now they don’t. If you can’t get all your keys in for the week, you can still use any raid difficulty to supplement your currency gains.
  3. Since gear rewards are based on personal character progression, you still will want to do difficult content in order to unlock rewards and maximize weekly currency.
  4. Since currency is capped weekly, once you’re done, you’re done.
  5. Solves the issue that raid drops too little loot and Mythic+ drops too much, the entire gear acquisition process is entirely normalized and based on activity and progression as it should be.
  6. Avoids burnout running the same dungeon or raid boss on different difficulties for the item you want, now it’s purchasable so it’s just a matter of maxing your currency and making sure you kill the boss or completing the keys on the best difficulty.

Now sure there may be some rough edges here or there, and its not a perfect system by any means, but I do feel it solves a lot of the ongoing gearing concerns players from both sides have felt for quite some time.

I can’t even describe how many people I know including me who absolutely DESPISE mythic plus but spend the majority of their game time on it because it’s absolutely mandatory for gearing for all areas of the game.

4 Likes

I can understand the frustration, most tanks felt the same way about PvP in S1 when the vast majority of all the best Vers/Haste tank gear came from PvP because you couldn’t get good gear otherwise in PvE if those were the stats you favored.

As gear item levels have gone up & itemization has gotten better in S2+, that’s not so much the case, but I can certainly relate to not wanting to do content you don’t want to do because you feel it’s mandatory.

I felt the same way about Shards of Dom in Sanctum.

1 Like

I think this applies to literally anything though. The lower the key, the quicker the trigger is in my experience. You get into a +23 and probably 95% at minimum the players understand the pain points, why things go wrong, how easy or hard it was for to go wrong, etc etc.

I remember gearing a new alt and running like a +6 and the run was going ehhhh subpar, but not terrible. A lot of mechanics weren’t going on, but again, it was all fine because it was a +6. The healer is like… “this is way too much sorry, I’m going to go.” and boom the key is dead when we would have easily timed it. It seems a lot of the problem is players don’t like challenging content. They want Checkers instead of Chess. They want something they can chill through and get some reward for their time. Which, by all means Blizz go make those game modes (As long as I don’t HAVE to go do it) I’m sure there is a large audience for it.

There’s a skill to it to some degree. That’s why Echo and Liquid exist, and why no matter how much you work with some players they don’t get any better at the game.

In a low key, absolutely. In a high key, you need a quite a lot of strategy and on demand adaptation.

No, and players need to stop asking for this. Gearing is annoying enough as it is, I don’t want to farm 2-3 sets a season just to do content, since you know, gear IS NOT content.

1 Like