The other side of Azeroth

Azeroth is actually flat. We need special shoes to travel to the other side and the gnomes and goblins have not perfected the technology yet. I heard one babbling about needing stickier glue while mourning the loss of their most favorite test subject.

R.I.P Smitty.

3 Likes

Like Vol’jin would have said, “Kalimdor iz da udder side, mon.”

This, be it noted, is why things get really, really weird when you get close to Absolute Zero. At Absolute Zero, you know the particle’s momentum precisely, but you are progressively less certain about where the Hell it is. So in practice, you really can’t cool anything to Absolute Zero. I mean, you can try, but get it cold enough and it’s not in your fridge anymore.

2 Likes

And once you toss in string theory it gets really trippy.

3 Likes

Yknow, because they haven’t added land masses to the world before, that would be crazy.

Hey that’s still a better plot than Shadowlands.

1 Like

Blizz as all but confirmed lands on the Other side of Azeroth. Between the Wreckage Analysis Report in Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr and the Return of the Nightsquall book in the Forbidden Reach and now the existence of the Holy Arathi Empire in TWW its safe to say Avaloren is beyond the western storms of Kalimdor.

Wreckage Analysis Report
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wreckage_Analysis_Report
Return of the Nightsquall
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Return_of_the_Nightsquall

As Blizz has said numerous times, all globes should be taken with a grain of salt. I’m pretty sure this applies even when it’s the planet from space.

To give the classic example, the view from Argus cuts the Eastern Kingdoms off at the Plaguelands, it’s literally missing all of Quel’thalas, and if we’re supposed to take it as being lore-accurate it could only mean the entire region sank somehow (despite being used in at least one questline in SL) and means that Midnight will be an underwater expansion.

The world of Azeroth is flat!

They don’t need to, the Forbidding and Veiled seas have existed for a while.

A blue dragon wanted to see the other side she never came back that was before the first war. What happened to her?

Oh cool. Just what we needed, Flat-Azerothers.

I’d prefer a half dome or like the others side is actually flat. It doesn’t make a lot of sense but they can make it make sense y’know.

Azeroth isn’t flat. I mean, come on, guys, we’ve seen it from outside, it’s definitely round.

But its in-game representation is flat, because the mathematical fiddly bits required for that kind of fidelity add enough computational overhead to the game that the juice just ain’t worth the squeeze.