The Org portal room is in the dumbest location in the entire city

There. I said it.

26 Likes

It’s a Horde city, you need to grade it on a curve.

17 Likes

That’s not the portal room. It’s a decoy copy of the portal room.

The real room is located somewhere so secret that even the Horde doesn’t know where it is.

9 Likes

It could be worse. It could be in a tower away from everything with an annoying spiral staircase entrance/exit.

Err… yes. It’s totally in a super secret location and definitely wasn’t collapsed because we left the Goblins in there unsupervised.

39 Likes

From getting to point A to point B relative to the mage tower in Stormwind, Org portals is better. Until flying then whatever.
Point B being AH/Bank.

6 Likes

At least all your portals are in the same room, though. Horde needs to go on an extended trip downstairs to get to some of ours, because they didn’t make the portal room big enough.

14 Likes

Still don’t know why they didn’t build a big enough portal room to fit every portal in it. It’s horribly designed.

15 Likes

it kind of makes sense imo. why? because majority of people hang out in the front area so it;s closest to them also it’s right near the AH, Banks, the inn keeper for Hearths, near chromie,etc…

i think the dumbest location would be the stable guy tbh. when you play the beginning quest say you are a new player the stables is so far away it’s pretty ridiculous. not so bad if the npc moved fast but he doesn’t.

only dumb part about the portal room imho is how it has 2 levels. if you don’t know where the portals are you might go up top when it’s below.

1 Like

Did you really need to?

I mean, logically its more sensible than going through a portal in a mage tower that screams TARDIS…

2 Likes

Stormwind is so crowded with the same plain, white, stone buildings with nothing in them, that they literally had to put the Portal room through a teleporter.

Also in Orgrimmar, I dont have to run out of the portal room, and then walk through a spiral staircase just to get somewhere I can mount.

2 Likes

“Okay, time to go to Warspear, that was in here right? No wait, it was downstairs…wait WAS it upstairs? Dangit where is Caverns of Time?”

9 Likes

Maybe I’m built different. I simply Remember.

1 Like

i didnt even know about the 2nd level for ages. was trying to find where a certain portal was. looked in the “real portal room” and the one on the hill (still dont know why they have them split up, for both horde and alliance). i even asked ingame and and all i was seeing was “its in the portal room”. when i saw the stairs going down i felt like i had lost a few iq by how stupid i was not seeing it and by bliz moving like 3 portals down there

but as others have said, its better then the alliance one. for new players the allices one is sooooooooooooo far away from everything and without fight its a paint to get to. at least hordes is right at the front door close to banks, ah, etc

We told them this as soon as it appeared on PTR: There isn’t enough space here to add the future portals you’re going to add.

Then they had to create the basement later on. :roll_eyes:

It wasn’t there when it was first added. They had to patch it in later after realizing, “Oh, everyone who told us that it wasn’t big enough was right.”

2 Likes

From a logical standpoint, it’s also stupid. It’s right by the main gate so an attacking force would quickly be able to capture it.

We should remember though that nearly all the Horde races still willingly live in huts and tents and/or regularly blow themselves up or live in otherwise inhabitable areas (or even make their own area uninhabitable).

1 Like

Horde bias :laughing:

The real issue is that Blizzard spends 90% of their design time on the Alliance version, then cranks out the Horde one on the side. Been that way since vanilla (when they spent over a year just working on Stormwind). Another prime example is the garrisons in WoD (Alliance gets a glorious castle with tons of detail).

7 Likes

The Orgrimmar Portal Room is in the main section of the city.

The Stormwind Portal Room is in a side section of the city no one would go to if the Portal Room wasn’t there.

Wanna trade?

So like everything was in Dazar’alor.

Except we couldn’t fly.

1 Like

Boralus was the knees bees.

4 Likes