The Org portal room is in the dumbest location in the entire city

To be fair it’s not really much of a capture. It’s just portals, mages can shut them down and open new ones somewhere else.

The front gate could even be handy where travelers can quickly jump into Orgrimmar’s main trade district or head out to Durotar and beyond. There are also guards all over the front gate for security. It’s a great location for commerce and shields the deeper parts of the city where the people live.

The MT is actually less strategic. It’s out of the way in a remote corner of the city, hard to get in and out of, far from the market areas. Not at all good for quick evacuations and easier for enemies to sneak in from if they wanted with no guards there. :thinking:

There’s room in the basement for 4 more portals so I guess in 5 xpacs we can look forward to a new addition to the portal room lol. Maybe that room over to the right as you come into the portal room?

I still say my idea is superior, a single portal with options to select where to go (think WormHole). There is no limit then, new xpac new option in the window gg. You will just lose the ooo aaaa of having a bunch of portals

This. Boralus was probably my favorite hub they’ve made so far. Everything easily accessible. On the other side of the coin, Dazar’alor was undoubtedly the worst, unless you count Wrath-era Dalaran, or Lagaran as we all liked to call it.

Still never understood why they chose to load all of Crystalsong Forest while you were zoned into it.

Stormwind’s is worse at least until you can fly, then I’d say they’re both about the same. I’m not sure why they like to put them on the periphery, gotta collect those nickels of game time, all those extra 45 seconds add up I guess.

oh the shade :green_heart: :smirk:

1 Like

Still liked it when portals were in Cleft of Shadows

2 Likes

Us horde call it a broom closet. I dont know if it was legion or bfa but this is one of those huge failures that should never have been implemented. Removing portals.

2 Likes

Horde portals are split between two floors and are arranged without any coherent order, and Horde characters aren’t consistently offered the choice to teleport to the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands, with the NPC who’s supposed to offer the teleport often instead making some condescending remark about how the portal to Shattrath makes it “easy travel” to anywhere you want to go in Outland. Of course the Dark Portal to Outland probably doesn’t work once more due to Chromie time, so there’s that.

Both Stormwind’s and Orgrimmar’s Portal Rooms have their advantages and disadvantages.

Yeah. You’re right I liked the Alliance one better…

The Mage Tower may be further away from the AH/Bank but I’m not sure how you’ve arrived at the idea that a portal taking you to another area is shouting TARDIS, nor how that’s a bad thing even if it is your vibe.

If anyone can reasonably have something bigger on the inside without having to explain themselves, it’s mages. I mean, like, you’re traveling from one continent to another in the blink of an eye, and you’re complaining that the portal room is bigger than the spot where the portal was?

(Also, do note, that much like the mage class hall, it’s just a portal to another area, not a compressed-space area)

No. For reaching the Heirloom vendor you have first to go to Boralus and then take the Dwarf warp there.

1 Like

Exactly this, at the top of the tower is a portal that takes you to a different place that is the portal hub, the portal hub isn’t inside the same tower.

They simply changed the location the portal inside the tower takes you to, from the original location

To the new location that is the portal hub.

1 Like

I think the location works my problem is how dark and monotoned color it is. It makes it hard to see details and it’s probably why I run past the entrance to the lower level alot.

2 Likes

I’m actually shocked they are not just randomly placed by the AH.

I just wish I could fly down there.

As for SW, my mount gets stuck at the stupid door to the tower then I dismount and fall

1 Like

I agree, they should never have it sitting at the entrance of the city where the Alliance can drop right in.

It is curious why the horde portal room takes two levels. The location is pretty goofy too. There must be some sort of game limitation as to why it is what it is.

That’s to make the mages exercise a bit. They are too lazy.

1 Like

Well,we do in sw have a level that is gated to the upper part ,guess they were planning for the future.

It’s not that they are lazy it’s a mental mandala and exercise of the mind.

1 Like

^^^

1 Like