The Opposite of Paladin Is... Rogue

I imagine a Paladin wouldn’t care for a Mechagnome engineer Warlock.

I’m at a nice dinner stop making me cackle like a moron! XD

3 Likes

I’m looking at it from a lore perspective. In cannon, there’s no rogue that can equal the nobility and glory of a paladin.

Still not the same thing.

The Defias have an identity as a bandit/terrorist group, that’s what they have been since Vanilla.

Meanwhile, Shaw is a spymaster, an agent of the Monarchy.

Again, they are not the same. I have respect for Shaw and his service to the Crown, for this reason I will not compare him to thieves and bandits, like the Defias.

The “Rogue” classification is Game-only. In the lore, Shaw and the Defias are very different kind of people. Ironic; Shaw and VanCleef used to be training partners and friends, yet VanCleef became an irredeemable villain and enemy of the State… Shame!

1 Like

The opposite of Paladin… Galamine,?

Actually a rogue, for arguments, is just one that takes an extreme “ends justify the means” view. They can fight fairly, toe to toe, or they can sneak through the shadows, they can use just their weapons or coat them in poison.

Rogues are the ones you call on for anything that falls into that “not illegal, but frowned upon” or walks that line between moral and immoral (assassinating a corrupt noble for instance). Sure rogues count criminals among them, but in terms of game, I think most rogues find employment among all the factions, or are members of Ravenholdt.

1 Like

Of course they’re different kinds of people, because they’re different characters. They’re both still rogues, though. Spy and bandit both fall under rogue.

It’s not comparing the two anymore than it is to say that Lothar and Garrosh are both warriors.

It’s more just a note that both rely heavily on stealth oriented tactics and trickery.

2 Likes

Just get your demons to do it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Luxuria: “Wait, what do you mean you didn’t pick pocket them last time!? I paid you & you raked it in rich with the amount of wallets you got!”

Imp: “Well yeah. You paid me, and I bribed a rogue - Gave them their cut and now we’re complicit in the robbery-murder of some self righteous Silver H–”

Luxuria: “MURDER!?!?”

Imp: :eyes: “… Look, you said get the wallets – I got them. What more do you want from me?”

3 Likes

The opposite of hunter is warlock. The opposite of druid is goblin.

I’m pretty sure the opposite of druid is mechagnome.

Mechagnomes are actually trying, very hard (albeit unsuccessfully) to return to the state that is natural… for them.

Good thing twas the imp.

The succubus would probably get censored over here.

The opposite of Druid is Death Knight.

Heavy armor, Death magic, doesn’t shapeshift.

Good points.

I got carried away when I made my posts as I inserted my view of the ingame rogue, correlating it with real life rogues in life/history.

I’m not the only one though. Some of the responses are very interesting to me.
This turned out to be a good thread.

Only on a clubbing night.

The Succubus was summoned drunk, then later discovered to be having drinks with Illidan at the Seat of the Pantheon.

Succubus: “Illidansh shuch a bushzkill – Saysh he’ll only - HIC! — Be belongshing to that wretch Tyrande. :roll_eyes: Ugh … Nightelvsh - Amiright?”

1 Like

That’s understandable. I wouldn’t want to be a diaper gnome either.

They should embrace it though and go full clockwork gnome.

They’re trying. Gnomes were originally all clockwork. They were cursed to be flesh. So they Borged themselves to try to go back.

Really? I didn’t know that.

Very cool to know. I love little tidbits like that.

There fixed it for you, hardly consider leather armor as light armor…also I consider mail to be slightly higher than medium given it involves metal unlike typical leather armor