The only thing killing Alliance right now

is NOT:
“shamans are too strong!”
“my human racial is worthless”
“we lose every AB”
“horde get a trinket with 1% hit!!!”

it’s 100%:
Failing to recognize and deliver good class design for Paladins for all specs.
Every other healer feeling good to play? Not Paladin.
Every other DPS does respectable damage using it’s go-to DPS tree? Not Paladin.
Every other class get at least one rune that’s clearly for a specific spec per spec that they can play? Not Paladin.

All the first half stuff would feel less bad if the Alliance Class just felt good to play.

/endrant

5 Likes

Disagree. Although what you said, and specially the holy paladin part is a factor, But the ridiculous state of shaman is number 1 reason. Just look at logs. Even the damn shaman tank spec is out DPSing lot of other DPS specs. The class is absurdly busted. A 5 years old can recognize shaman needs a significant nerf to DPS in all specs.

6 Likes

They’re just keep shaman beefy so horde numbers stay high until p4/60. Paladins were/are like the #1 class coupled with how dominant alliance was in classic originally its no wonder they’re trying to shift people over to horde. I highly doubt at 60 they plan on having a huge divide between paladin and shamans synergy with the rest of the game.

Completely disagree.

Shamans single-handedly killed my guild. The only thing to do after having the raid on farm is PvP and it is completely unplayable. The worst it has even been. They can never let this happen again.

2 Likes

Dude, that’s pure cope. If you don’t think they’re far too overtuned you’re deluding yourself or a shaman main, which is it?

4 Likes

So true. Holy Paladin is an iconic spec in WoW. Its been dumpstered in SoD.

I still like my paladin tanking and playing hibrid. With dual spec coming I’m even more excited. I play the class by exploring everything it offers by soaking damage, healing while dishing out some damage. The runes added so much synergy to this playstyle. But if other paladins are feeling they need some more dps I won’t complain, I just don’t want to sacrifice this versatility, which in my opinion is the best the class has to offer.

As for healing I just think paladins need to be able to refresh judgement without having to go into melee range. The rune allowed us to apply the judgement at range but we lack the means of refreshing it while in healing duty, With longer boss fights judgements specially wisdom could become invaluable to certain classes that were not given the means to recover mana.

It bothers me a little the lack of proper paladin healing gear, rolling on cloth seems a little bit off. But I hope that Blizzard is working on itemization and mechanics. My dream is to have gear that fits both healing and damaging. The attack power to spell power conversion is on that track along with crit applying to melee and spells. We just need spell power to equal twice healing power and then gearing would be a little bit less troublesome.

It doesnt bother you that Holy Paladins have gotten no new heals? I am surprised we havent gotten Light of Dawn.

1 Like

How dominant allaince was in classic? Didnt every server that was pvp end up being horde dominated besides benediction?

Not only that, but Horde was better in endgame due to Orcs and Shaman chain heal.

In my experience P2 brought much more efficiency on heals. I was quaffing more mana pots during P1 than in P2.

I can’t really say exactly why but I think going deeper into holy and the new runes empowered flash heal a lot, I loved Sacred Shield and Sheath of Light.

In retail I only healed till Cata, so I did not experience later expansions healing. I had also a holy priest to compare and I never thought paladins could compete with holy priests on sheer healpersec (or overheals per sec).
Still I’ve always felt much more comfortable on main tank healing duty as a paladin than as a holy priest. Haven’t played holy priest on SoD yet, but I think Penance does make a difference.

But in honesty I believe paladins lack a healing/mitigation decent chest rune and I can’t seem to be able to use Divine Sacrifice properly due to lack of oportunity or it not being able to do much, so I just popped it on cooldown and then relied on beacon of light to bring my health back. But I usually don’t feel confortable putting that much unnecessary stress and I end up just using Inspiration Exemplar whenever there’s fear or sleep involved.

1 Like

My wife’s boyfriend plays an enhance shaman.

I think you are doing better than rogue in pve and quite bursted in pvp. You will get dispel magic in p3 so it will be even much stronger. Am I wrong ?
For healer, priest is OP-ed but it doesn’t mean paladin is worse than any other healers. They are the 2nd best healer right now.
Shaman being stupidly OP-ed shouldn’t be a reason to promote another monster.

FoTM re-rollers are what killed Alliance.

Blame the bonus exp, if it still took a long time to reach 40, those players would just be raging here instead of playing more Shamans.

Or, you could blame SoD devs for this happening.

Pick your poison.

1 Like

Paladin DPS is better than 4 other classes: Warrior, Rogue, Druid (any spec) and priest. Look up week 7 Gnomer DPS Rankings and see for yourself… check facts before posting

3 Likes

Hah you think an entire faction is dying simply because one class isn’t broken beyond all measure ? Goofy

What’s “killing” Alliance is hysteria.

Which seems shortlived, TBH- there was a time for about a week where AB queues shot up to 10-25 minutes and the forums blamed Shaman despite it being a WSG weekend…but as of last week (before the datamine) BG queues were back at 1-2 minutes without it being a BG weekend.

I suspect the spike in que times was just fatigue mixed with (other) BG weekend.
Sure there are anecdotes of “Shaman killed my guild” but those seem pretty disingenuous. Paladins were broken in P1, but it didn’t kill BGs.

1 Like

I laughed long and hard. Good one OP.

Nerf paladins.

That class is the flagship reason to play that faction. They are the leading reason for that so they are the leading classes and blizzard will buff/nerf depending upon which faction has more players right now.

Paladins didnt kill phase one bgs bc horde have stronger pvp racials and pvp maps, slow fall swiftness potion off of wsg nelf hut, jump around on fence and sticks at horde tunnel hut or play the wagon so your immune to melee and your gy rezzers can wipe anyone coming at you.

In ashenvale Horde stack at Rune and Glaive and if those two can be downed the horde have already won, since Cata goes to the boss and Rune hearths to splinter to get the research base. Allaince have to run from shredder to bon fire which is longer, and LM has to go to Cata before they can go south meaning they are about a step or two behind the horde. Their best counterplay is usually an alliance guild if they are together for the moment will wipe Rune and then have a decent chance at winning.

So horde despite having paladins being OP have base advantages built into vanilla, and this being known for decades as a result the horde que more for battlegrounds and alliance even being the larger faction in SoD by like 10% dont que that often.

On wild growth on my shaman I won 6 out of 10 ashenvales despite the alliance population being almost 70% there. I attribute this to alliance not pvping and also horde having locational convenience.

Also Paladins were really only OP outside of bgs in phase one where the 30% damage reduction and the -5% or if you were certain tanks -11% crit chance didnt apply and they managed to get the jump on you somehow, were running a weapon swap set with avengers and you couldnt find any way out of the snare or an ability to cc them in a 1v1.
Yes they have their 5m bubble Iwin button which can carry some situations that are evenly matched. However if they are running exemplar then you can ranged kite them and purge the freedom, if they are running avengers fear or sheep or sleep them to CC. If people are taking them out of this CC and they bubble blow a swiftness pot to get on you. Then turn to your teammates and ask why they arent healing you. You’ll beat a paladin 90% of the time using these strats they are not OP. Also in fairness if they blow a swiftness to catch you its a gold down the drain for them and technically you could just use niftys or swift boots for the 40% movespeed and probably outrun their entire duration if it doesnt get dispelled lmao. If your team does not have a healer than Im sorry your in that battleground and I understand your frustration. This is why bgs should have a role indicator to ensure at least 2 healers per bg cus those matches are never fair

YES! This is correct.