The only ones complaining

I’ve said what I needed to, honestly. There is apparently a penalty for abusing reporting in the tos but I never see it happen to the people that abuse it because there’s no way to see if its actually happening or not, except for the gm reading ONE side of the report and taking action from there. I’m telling you, the people that do this are very good at crafting screenshots and dialogue in game to get the innocent victim banned. If you don’t even want to acknowledge that it could be a problem, then oh well.

1 Like

I do think reminding folks of the rules is a PR move. I honestly do, but I also think it is not out of the blue. There has been a lot of talk about “toxic” game communities for years and several other companies have put up the same types of social contracts to try to remind the player base to behave (and also to say “hey look we really do try to moderate behavior!”. Final Fantasy and others are even stricter I think.

Blizzard does not accept screenshots from players because they can be edited. Blizzard will only use their own logs - which does show the whole conversation by the way. Those logs can’t be edited by players to “frame” someone. A report attaches the chat logs for GM review. Not what the player claimed happened.

2 Likes

Yes but Final Fantasy actually tries to encourage their community to be one happy community.

Blizzard actively has tried to split the community into two factions, have them HATE each other and encourage the hatred by action of their own.

Blizzard with their For the Horde means death to the Alliance (despite what Ion tries to say now) gets them the audience they have. They wanted it, well they got it.

People actually talk in chat? Not on my server.

Problem being is what’s a toxic game community? Many people have wildly different opinions and answers to that.

For example hyper competition in games is one way and wow has that in abundance. Ff has the toxic positivity. Can’t say you dislike anything in that game without being insulted.

All in all a “toxic community” has no real definition. The only thing this contract is, is a pr stunt just like any other company with thiers. Only time will tell how south this will possibly go.

1 Like

Art mimics life.

ba-dum dish

Maybe they have her off somewhere in reserve

1 Like

Irony this actionable that. You guys tried. Blizzard doesn’t agree. It’s still here. So continue to be angry about the fact that you’re gonna have to show a modicum of good manners in the game now

There’s a core of really good Forum posters, and the majority of people here jump quickly on toxic threads. :seedling:

I feel the only people for such contract are those who are easily hurt by being rejected or told to improve. Quite frankly this wont change my attitude towards newer players/people who aren’t skilled. Because I have no patience to “teach” anyone how to play. If you are not doing mechanics or being bad, I will just kick you from group and not say anything about why.

1 Like

The only thing it will change is players’ ability to insist they didn’t know the rules.

Pretended ignorance is no longer bliss.