The only ones complaining

False, tell that to the classic players who endlessly got harassed and spammed the N-word, and not a single thing happens to the person doing the harassing. You and I both know that the game was the Wild, Wild West back in the day. Blizzard would barely participate back then, it was actually the players who would blacklist those people from the server community (artifact of days long forgotten).

Still happens now, actually lol. Log into any version of classic wow and you’ll see exactly that. They truly captured the way the game used to be.

I guarantee that I will be called the r word minutes into a key

The absurdist in me wants to see them apply this and ban almost every single part of all RP servers.

Not sure, things started changing in WOD with the introduction to silencing. That’s when blizzard really started cracking down on how players use their chat. (which is good) I just once again think they didn’t consider how any of this would work out in an rp scenario.

If people are that thin skinned over simple swear words then they need to turn on the profanity filter or grow thicker skin. I mean really its just a word, it’s not like anyone’s using what’s considered a slur or anything baring the few that do.

1 Like

Well it’s been 30 minutes and I haven’t seen this proof you claimed to have so I’m going to go ahead and say you’re making that up.

Also last I checked, isn’t wow rated under the ESRB rules as ‘Teen’? Hmm. If you actually look into the ESRB rules:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/gameratings#:~:text=TEEN,infrequent%20use%20of%20strong%20language.

Teen rated games: Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

So if that’s allowed, why can’t we have the same rules?

I dislike it as the timing seems to be giving the framing that the PLAYERS are the bad actors when it’s the blizzard employees who’ve been doing bad stuff.

Why should we be patronized to when we’ve done nothing wrong. It’s disrespectful and insulting. The average person knows how to treat others, we don’t need a stupid social contract that is already in the rules to tell us basic common decency.

don’t try to lump people who don’t like being insulted (which this is) to toxic players.

If you knew what patience was, I did tell you on cord to wait. The person that has the proof is at work right now, as a normal regular adult typically is on a sunday, and will be giving me the screenshots when they are able to. No need to be a child and try to call out someone on the fourms because you’re getting fussy about it taking some time.

It’s just blizzard throwing the playerbase under the bus. They can’t take responsibility for their own actions so instead they’d rather place the blame on us. Its quite childish really.

This implies you had it, not that you had to get it, so stop trying to deflect and say I’m being impatient or fussy. You were not being truthful.

1 Like

Oh please… please let this summon The Vrak. I feel like alot of these account actions that people are talking about, are only distantly related to the truth :rofl:

It’s always: “I only said he was an amazing tank and that I love him… and I got banned for 7 years! This is my first ever ban!” :rofl:

True and honestly why can’t people just be mature and use the IGNORE feature if they find something offensive? Why should we all be forced to tread along glass because people are sensitive? I get there is a fine line but seriously.

What a good take. If only you had any sense of awareness to what’s actually going on as a member of the same community.

The right doesn’t want racial integration huh what ? It is the far left pushing for separate cultural spaces for groups not the right . It is the left pushing critical race theory that little white Timmy is a racist against little Charles because Charles is black even though they are best friends .

The left is the one that needs to push the idea that the other side is against minorities just to keep their votes . If minorities actually took the time to see that the left doesn’t really care for them , they would switch sides .

4 Likes

And they still do - as in Blizzard does not sit there and babysit. Player reports determine if something is acted on. Players determining if something is ok. So yes, players are setting the parameters. If they are ok with something they don’t report it.

Or that is how Blizzard considers it.

Silence was Legion in July 2016. Before that they issued Suspensions and had the auto squelch for gold spammers.

Because rated game content is produced by Devs and is reviewed to ensure it fits the limits of the rating.

Blizzard has decided that all player produced content (names and chat) instead has to follow the EULA/code of conduct. That includes the M rated Blizzard games. It all follows the same rules. Players can produce content in real time that can easily push past a T rating and Blizz does not want it in game - they set the bar lower at family friendly for all public channels.

That is just what they decided when WoW released and what they have done going forward with the rest of their games.

It is both. Blizzard had or has some terrible folks that need to be removed. The games also have some folks who can’t be civil and get along. Both can be bad at the same time.

This is rather silly. They are taking responsibility for their own poor behavior - although many feel that the steps they are taking are just PR, other than firing people. We shall see. They are not in any way blaming us players for that though - and the rules we have to follow have not changed.

I believe the thread they were referring to may have had something to do with the millions of jews put to death by a certain Germain despot in the 1940s.

They weren’t throwing out their religion , they were throwing out the heinous crime committed to their people .

1 Like

Yeah you keep telling yourself that. Especially when this whole contract nonsense is coming out of nowhere when they just got out of a lawsuit.

They’re most definitely placing the blame on us but do go ahead and shield your eyes all you want.

2 Likes

THey said having the girl on the box was racist but I don’t know kicking the girl off the box and keeping the land seems pretty racist to me .