The only ones complaining

About tie social contract are the toxic players this contract is going to deal with. Bring it on blizzard. I’m sick of reading trash trash trash all the time while I’m playing.

31 Likes

I don’t know if the Social Contract is really going to change anything. The EULA and CoC already say the same thing and you’re seeing the “trash trash trash.”

35 Likes

It does seem odd that there are players trying to turn what is just business as usual (we’ve all agreed to this before) into some weird conspiracy theory to punish them.

19 Likes

It sort of reminds me of a person who walks into a store and sees an employee behind a counter and and figures they will not so easily able to get away from them starting some random tinfoil hat discussion.

2 Likes

No we’re just calling a performative virtue signal a performative virtue signal. Nothing is going to change, because the game itself shows no signs of changing.

14 Likes

Until the forum is deleted and chat window disabled, you will continue to consume aforementioned trash

2 Likes

Mighty convenient when people opposed to nonsense can be handwaved away as “toxic”

19 Likes

These people learned the word toxic and basically have not been able to shut up since. It’s pathetic.

12 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t2: There’s been a lot of posts on it but people continue to open them and respond. It’s like GD just can’t control themselves.

1 Like

Maybe turn chat off op? Or here’s a crazy thought. Legends say that if you’re constantly finding trash trash trash or always finding toxic people then maybe the one contributing factor in those situations are you. Just a thought.

6 Likes

Lol no it’s simply pointing out that most players don’t act like this and it patronizing and accusatory.
It would be like going to get your dog some food and as you ring it up the store clerk explaining to you and not letting you leave until you agree to hear them tell you how wrong it is to beat your dog and you shouldnt do that.

its accusing you of wrong when its blizzards latest actions from the lawsuit and their constant lack of actual enforcement of punishing harassment. Which is a slap on the wrist mostly.

Like I said, players complain about it because its accusing you of doing wrong and patronizing and talking down to the players when this mess is due to blizz not doing their jobs in enforcement of punishing in game harassment.

Dont like reading the bad? Turn off the chat or ignore the bad. Police yourself…a sign contract monthly is pretty pointless.

6 Likes

Pro Tip, this thread is just as toxic. GG.

7 Likes

Yep, If they were actually going to do anything, they’d be timing bad actors out for breaking the Code of Conduct that is already in the game. Not making a pop up to everyone, and reiterating on what is already not allowed in the game.

I seen this happen before with League of legends like a year or two back and nothing changed with them, They still have a reputation for an excessively toxic community. This is literally just them posturing, and It’s annoying/patronizing.

2 Likes

Nothing gonna change.

Frustration breeds toxicity and WoW right now is frustrating by design.

2 Likes

Why would anyone who signed to play before all of the sudden be opposed to it now?
The terms of service is nonsense now?

4 Likes

Guilty as charged.
:kissing_heart:

1 Like

I think so as well

This post would be actionable under the new contract. Just sayin’.

3 Likes

I’m Jewish. These are very much not the same thing. I flagged your post for trolling because it is.

2 Likes

I think it’s mainly just the contrarians among us, the most annoying kind of people who have a problem. You know the kind, who if they see a sign that says, “No Shirt No Service” they will deliberately go in with no shirt, camera rolling, asking for a manager. They promptly get kicked out, post a video on youtube and title it: “LIBERTARIAN DESTROYS FASCIST MANAGER!”

For the vast majority of people, the contract will have no impact on them. I also think the term alone, ‘social contract’ is really triggering for those kinds of people. If it was merely an amendment or clarification to the already existing code of conduct, I doubt it’d be as big a deal to them.

They hear the word ‘contract’ and they automatically throw on their armchair lawyer pants.

8 Likes