The Old School Runescape approach?

11/05/2018 04:14 PMPosted by Loquacious
No thanks. Let Classic be as close to vanilla as possible, that is point of this whole project.

again, thats what OSRS people said, and its more popular than ever. Its still the same game from 2006, but with slight improvements
11/05/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Eliise
11/05/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Matcauthon

I wouldn't put it past retailers to spend 3 to 4 hours to level to 15 to troll.

That said if something like this was added it should be 60 only.

my point is that are enough people actually gonna bother to level to 15, 30, even 60 just to troll a vote
considering that a lot of them are still decidedly unhappy that blizzard is "wasting time, money, and resources" making classic I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to ruin it. Level 15 isn't much of a bar for a chance to play spoilsport. Which is why if something like this was added it should be level 60s only.
11/05/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Eliise
No thanks. Let Classic be as close to vanilla as possible, that is point of this whole project.

again, thats what OSRS people said, and its more popular than ever. Its still the same game from 2006, but with slight improvements

What kind of logic is that? People said the world was flat. Its not. Someone thought New Coke would work. It didn't. Just because it worked for OSRS does not mean it will work for Classic.
11/05/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Loquacious

What kind of logic is that? People said the world was flat. Its not. Someone thought New Coke would work. It didn't. Just because it worked for OSRS does not mean it will work for Classic.

you saying asking for classic wow isnt the exact same thing as osrs?
11/05/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Eliise
11/05/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Loquacious

No he's saying voting on stuff might not work.
11/05/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Matcauthon
11/05/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Eliise

No he's saying voting on stuff might not work.

are there examples of it not working for other games?
No - people are stupid. The people too stupid to quest without native questhelper on their maps would vote for it. Don't sell me a Ford Focus with the shell of a Ferrari and tell me its a Lexus.
11/05/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Eliise
11/05/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Matcauthon
...No he's saying voting on stuff might not work.

If Blizz listens to players we end up with BfA. How do you think we ended up with the mess that is live? Everyone wanted their class to top meters, have crowd control, self heals, etc. If you can't see that I can't help you.

I say no thanks to changes, regardless of who wants them.
11/05/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Loquacious
11/05/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Eliise

If Blizz listens to players we end up with BfA. How do you think we ended up with the mess that is live? Everyone wanted their class to top meters, have crowd control, self heals, etc. If you can't see that I can't help you.

I say no thanks to changes, regardless of who wants them.

then why hasnt osrs morphed into live RS?
11/05/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Eliise
Basically title, let players vote on things.

OSRS has more players than RS3
To keep people from trolling the voting, they make you be a member. With WoW since everyone pays a sub, they could say you need to be level 15 or higher to vote.

If you are so fascinated and devoted to rune scape go play that instead
Absolutely, let the Classic Players vote, but definitely up the level requirement to 60.
I admit I would be worried about wow players being allowed to vote. Wouldn't it lead to them just asking for the game to become easier and easier and have history repeat.
11/05/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Tuathaa

To keep people from trolling the voting, they make you be a member. With WoW since everyone pays a sub, they could say you need to be level 15 or higher to vote.

If you are so fascinated and devoted to rune scape go play that instead

i have, and i enjoy it. i also enjoy wow and eve online. some people play multiple games, simmer down.

11/05/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Notprimal
I admit I would be worried about wow players being allowed to vote. Wouldn't it lead to them just asking for the game to become easier and easier and have history repeat.

Which is why the devs and player reps mainly create the votes. we wouldnt be voting on "hey make this boss easier"

Those people won't be playing Classic

That's exactly what they did in OSRS they released a boss and a nerf to his health actually passed after he had been out for quite a while it's embarrassing.

I don't even trust myself to make logical changes to classic. I sure as hell don't trust you yahoos.
11/05/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Wife

I don't even trust myself to make logical changes to classic. I sure as hell don't trust you yahoos.

It's either us or Blizzard. Pick your poison because modern day Blizzard is full of bad decisions
1 Like

huh? OSRS is knowhere near the same game as it used to be.
11/05/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Agonyy

huh? OSRS is knowhere near the same game as it used to be.

thats right, theres even more playing than when it started

>There are currently 122,844 people playing!
I brought up OSRS in a few threads already, they've really done a great job at reviving the game. With the voting polls people usually tend to be pretty smart when it comes to voting in it, I agree with every poll passed and what the oldschool team propose is usually okay. Can I trust the same from Blizzard and its fans? idk

I think it's something to tackle longer down the road though, when people are sick of the content available in Classic which will take a while. The route i'd expect them to take is to move into BC when everyone's had their fun on vanilla. I'm sure that'll be a hot debate though when it comes around. Old school didnt really have anything to move forward with that people liked so they had to create their own new content, WoW doesn't really have the same problem (atleast this far back were talking).