The official thread for choosing an unofficial RP-PvP server

Hello everyone, I lead an Alliance-side RP-PvP guild with around 20 members so far. With server names and types on the horizon, I think we should start thinking about how we want to choose our PvP server if there aren’t RP-PvP servers.

No RP-PvP servers would be disappointing, but other MMOs have had similar problems with devs neglecting to designate RP realms, and the community always manages to take a server for themselves anyways. I believe we can do the same here, and that our server will be lovely to play on whether it’s a PvP or RP-PvP type.

I’ll start by saying I think we should pick a server with a faction neutral name. Names like Crossroads are nice and atmospheric, but they might foster faction imbalance. I would even be careful to avoid names like Kirin Tor, that later become a neutral organization but were historically Alliance. We should find the most neutral name we can, something like Wyrmrest Accord or Uldum. (I know they aren’t reusing the old server names, I’m just using those for examples)

If you haven’t already, join the RP-PvP discord server at: discord.gg/phnf5T

7 Likes

I am Kolben, and I support this message.

1 Like

-avoid the first alphabetical server, which will probably be overpopulated
-something in central time zone for US would be good
-avoid the top 5 streamers if it’s known where they’re going

1 Like

Neutral or even ‘carebear’ sounding names would be fab. The ideal would be a central timezone server with the tamest name possible, that’s uninspiring for the general PvP crowd.

Granted, Blizz should just give up a RP-PvP server as we had in Vanilla WoW. #NoChanges. HINT, HINT.

Luckily a lot of streamers have already said they are going pve cause they’re scared. Even better last I heard Soda and Asmon said pvp on opposing sides to balance the server some. That will actually make avoiding streamers fairly easy as the big impact ones are going to one.

3 Likes

Don’t worry about where streamers are going, just pick your own realm.

1 Like

I agree, a central server without streamers and a neutral name is best! Let’s see what we get to choose from.

It’s my opinion that if we only get a few PvP servers, location is more important than name. So, if there’s a West Coast named “Chromie” or something and a Central named “Literally Thrall’s Living Room”, I would still vote for the central server

2 Likes

Sadly I will be joining a PVP realm, if no RP-PVP realm
As much as I would love a realm to RP on I can’t bring myself to roll on a non PvP realm
Such a missed opportunity, I loved the planned RP all out wars back in the day

Let’s see what Blizzard does with the realm list this week! We have new members in the Discord every day! Good on-topic conversation, and organized!

If there is no RP-PvP at Launch, we will be ready to move on in a few ways:
PvP Realm-Type
While RP realms may fit the naming policy criteria, open world faction warfare is what the RP-PvP community crave

Centralized North American Time Zone
This just keeps server time at a neutral level for most players on both sides of the continent, no brainer

Server Forum Acknowledgement
If blizzard does not release an RP-PvP realm-type at launch, the PvP realm we choose will be bombarded with posts as well as campaigns on other platforms to let players know where to go, the best we can.

Of course, all of this hard work that many dedicated players are contributing too could easily be avoided by adding RP in front of one of these PvP realms…

The ball is in Blizzards court, we’re ready for what ever we have to do.

5 Likes

The plan is to pick a PVP realm, so it’s all good.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the future does not look to promising so all we can do now is wait, we’ve put up all the data we can and tried to reach out to others to some affect. Now all we can do is wait, ASSUMING blizzard puts out a realm list before release, we will go all debate which server to go on PVP wise and see from there if you have not i would say to join the Discord and or say something here.

For month’s we’ve waited, and there is little we can do now. I have little hop that Blizzard will pull a OCE “planned it all along haha” Joke here. But only time can truly tell.