The official RDF/LFG compromise

As the representative of the WOTLK player’s union guild, we have come up with the official RDF\LFG compromise that we believe is acceptable to both the union and Blizzard Developers

RDF is to be implemented into the game with the following restrictions;

1. Realm only
  2. Non heroic level 1-79 dungeons

The LFG system will remain and be required for all 80 heroics, Nax 10 and 25 man.

The WOTLK player’s union guild would like an official response

Awww hes roleplaying now. Cute!

1 Like

Here’s my official response.

No.

2 Likes

I support the stated design pillars that led to the removal of RFD from the plan for WotLK, but I can get behind this as a compromise with one tweak. Please hold the implementation of RDF until at least a month or two after launch, perhaps even with the launch of the next phase. Or at least restrict it to 1-70 content until then.

As with all Classic launches, WotLK Classic will bring a lot of folks. A lot of people will be on and interacting with each other to make groups. At least let that happen.

Most ppl pro RDF are very willing to compromise, but the other side says no chance.

Im all for same server no teleport no extra bonuses, but the other side would significantly rather stare at endless spam in the LFG channel and whisper “rogue DPS” to endless groups over and over.

Unsure how thats fun, but these folks sure do seem to enjoy it.

Then it doesn’t help people on low pop realms, people playing off hours, or you know anyone who’s level 80, or even anyone who’s not level 80 without cross realm.

There are reasonable middle grounds, like having it try same realm first before going cross realm. Removing the teleport, leaving the quest givers in Dal instead of directly from the tool.

Those address the real issues people have complained about while still letting the tool actually do it’s primary job, which is facilitating group formation.

For sure, people on dead / dying servers are screwed either way… but its really easy to be anti RDF when you play on 50k player benediction and have endless groups forming all day.

That kind of bias from some of these posters is a little annoying IMO

Keep dreaming. A lot of people will be HRing things and selling their services because those who do it for free will be spammed with adverts and it takes only a handful of bad experiences to be all “screw this, might as well get paid if people are going to suck this much”.

I’m on your so-called “other side” and I don’t want this… not at all. The LFG channel is awful and this LFG tool should have been introduced in 2019 with the launch of WoW Classic. You can go through my post history if you want to… I advocated for the retail tool to be ported to Classic from the get go.

Realm populations absolutely needs to be addressed! RDF isn’t the answer to it though. Transfers are not the solution… players should not incur additional expense and a risk to what little community they have because they made the wrong choice at a time when nobody could have predicted the outcome of their realm populations.

Classic Era has seen some success with linking smaller realms, perhaps that could be employed for low-pop realms in TBC/WotLK Classic as well?

I don’t know where my server (Pagle) lies on the spectrum… I think it’s somewhere in the middle? I can’t speak for everybody, but I suspect it’s fair to say we aren’t indifferent to the plight of low pop servers. We just don’t think RDF is the answer to all your problems. Your problems do need to be solved though!

LFD is not a solution to realm population, but it is solution for running dungeons on low pop realms. Along with the other things that LFD helps.

Look, on the beta, I forced myself to use that tool long enough to grind out enough heroics to get pre-raid bis. Then I just stopped using it. I will not run heroics or other dungeons beyond getting pre-raid bis moving forward unless guild needs a tank for something. It taking 20-30 minutes to find a group, to run a 10 minute dungeon is a pointless waste of time. Blizzard succeeded. We will all go in, get our pre-raid bis, and then raid log. There isn’t any point in running the dungeons for fun, when they are going to be that much of a headache to setup/get into. So, congratz blizzard, you are encouraging people to raid log, rather than play the game.

As for changing it as a compromise for non heroic, realm only, etc etc. Sure that helps the leveling process, but does nothing to keep max level players engaged, or logging in. The tool was a good tool, as it was introduced originally. They should implement RDF as it was, and allow for heroics. Even without the tool, it takes two days of lockouts to grind to pre-raid bis. Beyond that, there won’t be any point in going back in, unless you REALLY want BoA gear. But even that can be gained after a couple raid lockouts, from downconverting your Valor Badges to Heroism to get BoA pieces. So back to no point in dealing with the headache of the new LFG tool beyond the first two days your toon is level 80.

1 Like

Agree, its just a shame that we arent getting the retail tool.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.