The Official Playable Haranir Thread

I hope there is at least one more playable race this coming expansion.

These Harronir folks seem kind of interesting, at least.

Earthen are just not for me. I would like something else. Almost anything else.

1 Like

I think they would be cool; we know they’d be druids, at the very least. I’m hoping for shaman as well.

3 Likes

No 10 chars

2 Likes

This might be one of the few “official playable” threads that actually comes true.

Not because of the thread but because it was the plan all along.

But w/e, people get what they want. Sounds like a win.

1 Like

The Vulpera thread came true.

1 Like

Well, that is what the word few means.
(I also suspect that was planned before the thread as well)

The Pandaren as well.

:dracthyr_shrug:
Are you looking for a number to reach “some”? Cause I’ll just edit my post if you want.

I’m sure there was a thread about people wanting Nightborne to be playable, too!

2 Likes

Yep, most likely already planned. Blizzard starts developing a new race. The extra customization gets datamined and people start asking to play it. People think blizzard listened when it eventually gets released.

Of course, people also wanted playable sethrak, naga, ogre, ect. Sometimes things aren’t released.

This new race is getting druid forms though, so I figure it is far more likely to be made a race, especially considering it used the night elf rig.

1 Like

I think it’s a foregone conclusion that they will be playable. But who knows, Im wrong sometimes.

I’m hesitant to get excited as I thought the Tuskarr with their update would lead to a playable race as well.

They’re able to wear armor and do all the general player based things now…

Horrornir look like they’re well setup but I’m just hesitant to trust Blizzard.

4 Likes

I did too. Really expected it at the end of Dragonflight, with two of the tribes coming into an agreement with the factions. One with the Horde, the other the Alliance.

I do wonder if we’ll get them by The Last Titan since we’ll be returning to Northrend.

4 Likes

We need them

I never understood the like for tuskarr, but I’ve heard a lot of people ask for them. I feel like they could be a good race to add in the future. Especially considering that people have been asking for them since wrath.

1 Like

So, I’m of three minds on the Harronir.

The first one is that I don’t have enough information on them as a people to make that judgement one way or the other.

The second is that they do have an interesting aesthetic and the impication that they’re a missing link between elves and trolls is interesting to be sure.

The third is that we have too many elves as it is.

1 Like

Luckily, we do get to meet them in the final area of tww. So as a people we will be getting to know them somewhat.

They’re another elf to me, I don’t really like them that much.

We have so many races that could be playable already in the game, why are we new ones and the ones we never asked for???

Naga??? Sethrak??? So many cool races that have been heavily requested to be playable to never make the cut.

Instead, we get a 3rd dwarf race. And what is this…? The 5th elf race?

1 Like

I think it is because the allied races need to use the rig of one of the older races. Or at least that seems to be the aim. I’m pretty sure Kul’tiran has been the only unique allied race we’ve had that was completely different.

So possible just less likely.

I knew tuskar weren’t going to be playable because when you eat a blubbery muffin and turn into one, you can’t dance.