The official disgruntled consumer thread

Let’s make our own thread, with blackjack and other things.

If you still want the game to be a continued success and don’t believe in this tomfoolery that a company isn’t allowed to be criticized for poor design choices or questionable features post in this thread.

Personally, I’ve been playing this game since Vanilla and I just want Blizzard to put a tiny bit more passion into the game as largely it’s feeling like the content being produced is made in a way to keep people online regardless if they are enjoying themselves or not. I think people are being ridiculous in posting constantly about content creators and featured WoW personalities giving negative feedback and making negative content on the state of WoW are only doing it for clicks, not because they might be a WoW fan at heart.

I just want Blizzard to do better, we all know they are capable. I don’t want to quit, there are many aspects of this game I still enjoy and the community of the game is strong one of the biggest and best aspects.

36 Likes

disgruntling intensifies

8 Likes

1 Like

Blizz can do better, but they just won’t even try

16 Likes

To go with the origins of that gif…

I bring you…

Blizzard needs to start being held accountable for releasing unfinished content like they’re EA and rejecting everything players want.

I really hope Ashes of Creation or New World is a super good MMO so that WoW has some actual competition for once and forces Blizz to actually start putting effort into making their game again.

10 Likes

I watched Asmongold and Bellular before to find some interesting stuffs on WoW.

But I dont agree with their current hatred with WoW. WoW is not perfect. It’s not perfect since it started on Vanilla. But it improved all over the years. It’s impossible to please million players. There will always be a hit and miss.

Many has left already becoz they claim the game is bad. Me, on the other hand have stayed since Vanilla. Becoz I still believe WoW is a good game.

I am okay with Shadowlands’ Raid. I am having a blast with Mythic+ and Weekly Vault. I find Torghast okay although when it got nerfed, I felt bad. I find The Maw a good zone although the rewards are not that compelling. The side games like WQ, dailies and sanctum upgrades is fine to me. Overall, it’s still a good game. It’s still a WoW.

I support Blizz on finding ways to improve the game. A good game for me is a game that is challenging… not a joke boss that being facerolled. I believe their Raids and dungeons still hit the mark. I am hopeful 9.1 would be better.

BTW, I agree that nerfing OP classes of 9.0 is a good move.

2 Likes

Did you listen to bellular’s recent rant? It made a lot of sense. Like, why place so many timegates and chores to do in the game? Other than doing ember court once a week I don’t have the motivation to do anything else.

Tired of doing choreghast twice a week for soul ash. Tired of emissary that gives some gold and nothing else. Tired of the anima droplets. Can’t even push arena because of boosters and their super 9.0.5 hotfix to reduce cr gain so all r1s sit their rating…

If they are trying hard to lose subs then it is working as intended.

A 30% loss in players the past three years during a pandemic when everyone is home. That takes talent and dedication to achieve.

16 Likes

I did, I do follow some WoW youtube content creators but Bellular stopped being one quite a while ago. I found a lot of his videos started veering a bit too heavily into click bait stuff.

That said though, he most recent stuff that is making the rounds on his Bellular clips channel is absolute gold. When every single content creator is giving their bad feedback and it’s overwhelmingly negative you know there is a real problem here.

There are just some design decisions that really can’t be forgiven. The walking in the maw thing without a mount was the absolutely laziest method of slowing down people I’ve ever seen. Instead of making the maw difficult, or require groups they just… made you walk everywhere for two months.

Like think about it, It’s been six months since WoW has launched. We bought the base game and pay a subscription and they artifically try to slow us down by removing our mounts while doing their chores? Everything these days is time gated these days. Love doing a covenant campaign once step at a week. Yeehaw.

Nothing infuriates me more when people try to use the pandemic as an excuse for why the content is so razor thin. If blizzard (a multi billion dollar company) is so stretched why are the other wings of ActivisonBlizzard able to keep blasting out content? CoD Warzone gets more content every few weeks than WoW has ever had. They also don’t pay for a subscription or repurchase the game. If they are suffering from the pandemic sooooo badly they need to give us half the content, why don’t they half the sub cost?

10 Likes

That reminded me of the epic boredlords of paymore post where the developers decide no lighting would make the world better and immersive.

Yeah I’m actually (pleasantly) surprised with the high quality of Bellular’s more recent videos, he makes some good points.

Normally I ignore him, he always came across as having a “used car salesman” vibe with all the clickbait tactics, but his last few videos were legit/had some subtance.

He absolutely dumpsters ion and the devs for their scuffing/handling of Shadowlands so far, it was… entertaining listening to him rant on and on :joy:

3 Likes

Becoz Blizz believes WoW should be Casual friendly. That you need to be relaxed not to be afraid of being left behind by people who do 24/7 on the game. I am Casual. And I am not left behind that much becoz… time gate is on my side.

Outside of Raids or end game content, there are chores since Vanilla. The chores are rep and gold making activities that help us get resources to beat the dungeon we are facing. The chores in the past is like rendering 2 to 4 hours as I remember on Naxx 40 Vanilla. Do you know how much is the flask and how much is Crusader’s Enchant? How do you farm gold on a content with no daily quests? Chores back then is NIGHTMARE. Chores today in Shadowlands is EASY… daily quest and weekly quest and youre done.

MMO is a game of chore. And WoW is an MMO. We should expect chores on this game. It’s been like this since Vanilla.

I didnt spend a lot of time on Torghast. Getting ashes takes only 2 weeks for lowbie legendary and 4 weeks for highend legendary. After that, I dont need to return to it. Who told you that I would need to make gazillion alts and make each of them a legendary item? It’s more of you imposing your own problems.

It’s normal. MMO is no longer a popular genre. A lot of players doesnt want chores. They realized WoW is a game of chore. Many left. It’s not for everyone.

I don’t think you know the meaning of chore, Jhannae.

1 Like

If you are a casual player, how does other players progress effect you negatively at all? Like how exactly are you ‘left behind’ when there’s literally content made for people to progress through at max level?

It’s a silly argument, and a worse way to design a game.

5 Likes

There’s a difference between SL, legion and bfa. Legion everything you did helped grind the power of your artifact weapon. No matter what I did, my power was growing. Bfa had the neck. Both also had wf and tf that made me continue playing m+.

My DH was 227 ilvl in January. Nothing left to do as havoc is garbage in arena so I switched to war. Got him to 226 ilvl. After that? There is nothing to boost the personal power of the character. Just grind to get all legendaries, sockets, gold or mats. That’s it.

I love grind if it is meaningful. The SL grind is the stupidest yet.

2 Likes

Chore - an unpleasant but necessary task.

To retain your raid slot in Vanilla, you would need to be competitive. It means you need to be flasked with potions with food buffs complete with enchants… very competitive. Becoz if you dont, your raid slot would be given to someone else who’s better than you.

So to be competitive, you would need lots of gold on a game that has no daily quest that rewards gold. A way of getting gold in Vanilla is killing thousands of random mobs, get their grey item for vendor. And that is you call the normal chore back in the days.

That chore in modern WoW in Shadowlands is now called Daily Callings. You just need that and youre set. Not killing Boars to get their grey items. And you need the chore becoz you still need to be flasked and pot’d with augment runes. If you are not like this today, learn2play. I dont want to buy token for this. I just play the game.

I find it interesting that Jhannae tells us the game has had continual issues over the years (and so nothing whatever has changed) yet claims to be a “casual” who loved Torghast when it was at its hardest, loves time gating and thinks it’s fantastic for “casuals”… Etc.

It’s a good think casuals have Jhannae to speak for them and tell them how much they love the Maw!

6 Likes

I’m unhappy with the storyline

2 Likes

Look. I am sitting on 3 million gold. Why do I need to spend 20 minutes(half the time on a flight path) doing quests daily to vendor some grey trash for 1500 gold?

That is not fun dude.

5 Likes

I raided vanilla and I have no idea what on earth you are talking about. I raided and didn’t do any extra work outside of raiding. I went to school during the day, came home and raided 4 nights a week with my guild. We were quite deep into Naxxaramas Vanilla so I’m going to stop you there.

At this point I’m actually wondering if you even play this game? The chores we are talking about is running Torghast for Legendary Ash so you can get your legendary items. Running the maw daily to getting your stygia and rep to get your sockets because there is direct power ransomed behind both of this content.

There was no power ransomed behind doing mining to get gold for stuff in Vanilla.

Callings are actually the least mandatory of daily content that’s been around in a while. Because some world quests in BFA gave rep/AP to upgrade your neck to get stronger.

The story in both BFA and Shadowlands so far has been utterly baffling it made it past the boardroom.

2 Likes