The official bet: how many weeks upon launch until molten core is cleared

Over 9000.

So in less real world time than the Vanilla 1-60 world-record holder took to get to level 60, an entire guild is going to hit max level, get appropriately geared and repped, and have killed every boss in Molten Core?

This seems likelyā€¦

6 Likes

7 days, by some sponsored nolife streamers.

2 Likes

I can see it cleared on week one.

somebody is going for week 1

1 Like

I just want to ask all the people who think itā€™ll be cleared in 6, 7, or even 9 days, how long they think itā€™s going to take people to hit level 60 in real-time days.

Iā€™d say that a conservative estimate would be 10 days just to hit 60 from very fast levellers with very little downtime ā€“ not unrealistic considering the world-record holder managed it in a bit over 7 days (weā€™re not going to get 40 people like that all gathered together).

Then what about Hydraxian rep ā€“ Youā€™ll need enough people with the AQ, right? What about some semblance of gear? How long will that take?

The blasted run itself is going to take 4 hours with the lower dps that comes from terrible gear.

Iā€™ll be very surprised if even a core giant has died in 7 days.

Did any of the ā€œweek 1ā€ people even play Vanilla?

I donā€™t see how week 1 is even mathematically or mechanically possible.

2 Likes

Most people arenā€™t even going to be level 60 in the first couple of weeks and its very unlikely the few speedrunners that do it will somehow all join up in a 40-man raidā€¦

The only people I could see doing this is one of the world first guilds training hard for it but Iā€™m pretty sure they donā€™t want to split their resources, they want to focus on retail.

I just donā€™t see it happening in the first lockout. My bet would be 3-4 weeks minimum. Yes we do have the advantage of having all the tactics beforehand but 40 people arenā€™t going to speed level all at once and gear up and do it instantly, itā€™s just not going to happen that way.

1 Like

Assuming itā€™s released at launch, about a week at least until ā€œrush rush rushā€ people hit 60. Ragnaros shouldnā€™t be hard to reach, but not sure if theyā€™ll be able to kill it, possibly.

Iā€™ll say 11 days.

I did play vanilla and cleared every raid but Naxx back when it was current. Iā€™m not saying it will be cleared in 1 week to downplay itā€™s difficulty so calm the hell down. Iā€™m saying it because back in the day we had no streamer culture and people didnā€™t know the strats, what mats and reps to farm, people didnā€™t even know proper rotations, etc.

Thereā€™s going to be guilds that will push for world 1st and are extensively experienced in vanilla content so they could pull it off, thatā€™s why i said ā€œi can see it happenā€

Iā€™m just waiting for the people who expect to breeze through MC to experience their first wipe on Drakkisath or Baron Rivendere. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thereā€™s probably some that played private servers for last few years, so they should be more or less ā€œadjustedā€. I know for sure Iā€™ll take time adjusting, didnā€™t feel vanilla in over a decade.

10 days is my guess, hopefully with my guild.

7 days until world first kill. the top guilds and streamers will try and no life it during first reset

FTFY. :wink:

Iā€™m going to be the skeptic and say 28 days.

Gotta pick a number!

$1.00 Bob!

1 Like

Im waiting for people to realize Rattlegore can one shot not fully preraid tanks because that doesnt exist on private servers.

The fact people think they can level to 60 in less then 6 actual days, spends hours running dungeons for preraid, THEN farm crappy elementals until honored on numerous people for aqual essences. Then raid all within 165 hours of launch is ridiculous.

Especially without dynamic respawns and considering some clases are just really bad to level at a decent pace.

Gonna be fun to see.

3 Likes

For me personally I think I will finally be able to clear MC about 120 - 185 days in.

Considering the absurdity I will allow this bet

1 Like