The NO CHANGES crowd are now advocating for changes

they add this but only give us the crappy AV GG blizz

Spell batching is fine, however with the scales of a game like bfa ot would not work. For vanilla, it does. And taking it out would be #changes

It’s 1.12 AV so technically working as intended.

Don’t take it out. Just fix it.
That is what bug reports are for.

1 Like

If things like this went live on a new game, they would be destroyed.

But spell batching is not working the same as it did in vanilla, spell batching was pretty deep into the server side processing engine and they have revamped it a lot to get it to the state it’s in today.

Just throwing a 400 MS delay on the current engine does not play at all like it did in vanilla.

Just like 10 yrd melee hits 15 if your a moo moo cow

Lol I never said that mobs were to weak or whatever. TBH I started just barely before BC was released so I wouldn’t know how strong elites were or anything. However, I do vividly remember chasing hunters through there frost trap in BG’s and I remember the slowing effect not being applied until I was atleast halfway through the patch of ice.

Speak for yourself!

The no changes crowd wants a Vanilla like version of the game.

The new spell batching “fix” they implimented clearly makes for gameplay not seen in any version of WoW EVER. Wanting this changed/removed is common sense.

Your post is designed to be sensational and to be a big “exposure” of people who advocated for the actual Vanilla game as close as possible. You just look — bad.

3 Likes

I don’t know about the other Mages, but when I used Blizzard in vanilla on my Mage, I used it to deal damage to a large amount of players, not to slow them.

1 Like

Common sense changes are fine. If you have an issue with them correcting a bug, get a life.

Just depends on timing of tic. Could be instant or not. If you cut to the side you can cross through completely untouched. I dont know about running through the center of the aoe and not getting hit. I definitely passed through some at angles and never got hit by the slow.

I’m not sure how fixing bugs that make the inserted mechanics not authentic is, “changing” it.

1 Like

It’s funny because #NoChanges will ask for a proof everytime you point something that seem off.

But they NEVER show proof themselve on how it was working during Vanilla.

Leeway/Spell batching are working as intented but were here for technicals issues, if you want #NoChange on technicals things then why can’t i play Classic on Win 98/XP anymore ? It’s stupid.

3 Likes

With mechanics like leeway or spell batching that were meant to mitigate lag, introducing them without a reduction for the approximate reduction in the average delay will inherently make them feel wrong.

If the average player had a 200ms delay and 400ms batching in Vanilla, it’d feel more like 200ms batching.

If the average player has 25ms delay today and 400ms batching, it feels like 375ms batching.

Yes, oversimplified.

We can argue all day about what’s authentic but in some small circumstances, especially back-end mechanics, they need to figure out what is going to be interpreted as authentic rather than just setting it and forgetting it.

1 Like

there will never be a consensus on that.

1 Like

Ultimately it ended up having some truth to it. Not that the mobs are themselves weaker but player weapons are stronger. The end result is similar, i.e. player can handle more mobs at once and/or receive less total damage.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bug-instant-attack-normalization/200006?u=nikaas-emerald-dream

Sounds like op is an idiot with a chip on his shoulder and just wants to blame the #nochanges crowd for something.

As a no changes advocate myself, I have NEVER seen ANYONE ask for leeway or spell batching, these are all stupid ideas BLIZZARD came up with that literally no one asked for and no one cared about.

The only thing the no changes crowd have concern about is the heavily nerfed version of AV and the possibility 1.12 trivializes content.

Do no changes care about stupid crap like leeway and spell batching?
No this is just more game ruining blizzard crap.

Yeah, no you didn’t. The batching system as it was in classic existed all the way through MoP, and not a single PvPer ever exploited it in the manner it exists on beta. Yet we’re supposed to believe some random had an “AV strat” back in 2005 that relies on abusing a mechanic even the best Mages in the world knew nothing about (because it didn’t exist)? Ok.

2 Likes