The Night Elves are not abandoning Kalimdor

Those are meant to be Druid-only… not Alliance-exclusive.

1 Like

There are at least five Archdruids at Amirdrassil, without Malfurion even having returned yet:

<Archdruid of the Claw>

Rensar Greathoof is also not just the Archdruid of the Grove, he’s the leader of the Dreamweavers.

Even assuming that only Druids could go through the Emerald Dreamway, the Night Elves still have plenty of strength amassed at Amirdrassil through that alone.

4 Likes

Armies can’t pass through them. Only druids can. Sentinels and priests cannot use them, not to mention that Horde aligned druids can use them too.

See Delandros Shimmermoon’s statement in the post above.

Archdruid of the ashen?? I’ve never hard of this before. Its there an explanation?

Druids of the Ashen are followers of the wild god Ashamane.

2 Likes

Yep, that makes sense. Thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Quite welcome! Always a pleasure to be helpful :blush:

2 Likes

I gotta ask to see if I’m alone…

When you saw that, was your first thought “is this about Teldrassil?!? They have a whole archdruid for that?!?”

Because it… Totally was not mine, I knew what it was all about right off, yup, that’s me, already knew that, wasn’t confused at all nope!!!

7 Likes

So druids of the Ashen are the cat form druid groups? Or are those still jumbled with the druids of the claw?

Also, I’m pretty sure emerald dream portals being only usable by druids is a mechanical thing, in lore everyone can walk through those, thats why they’re guarded, no?

Druids of the Claw include Cat and Bear druids. Ashen druids are cat druids that specifically follow Ashamane. Like how the old Druids of the Pack followed Goldrinn exclusively

3 Likes

I am slightly sad there was no archdruid of the moon, though.

Someday, we will be a real spec with lore foundations and everything.

Someday.

4 Likes

It’s okay. As a fellow Doomkin, I will remind you of the knowledge we all comfort ourselves with every night.

“We might not have an archdruid, but we do have sun and moon lasers. And sometimes, all you really need in life is some sun and moon lasers.”

7 Likes

He’s the questgiver that helps Feral Druid players get their Legion artifact weapon, the Fangs of Ashamane.

2 Likes

I is a moon lasering bear of death itself. It’s even more fun when a mob gets a double dose of moonfire via a talent proc I have.

LONG LIVE THE MOON LASER OF DEATH :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I did once joke that since Blizzard had the High Elves rename themselves Blood Elves that Blizzard might rename the Night Elves the Ash Elves.

2 Likes

I wish there was a Feral Talent to make Sunfire castable, combo point generating, and AoE in Cat Form. Bloodtalons is a little awkward in AoE, since it wants three different combo point builders but we only have two AoE attacks that do so.

Still glad for Lunar Inspiration, though.

3 Likes

That was exactly my thought! I was like “What kind of new edgy druidry is this???”

3 Likes

Technically Tyrande did study under Cenarius. Maybe she should pick that back up.

3 Likes

I already think the priestesses of the moon and the druids of the moon are blurred together enough without that. We do have Isoraen Nightstar from Legion. He is the only named druid of the moon atm, admittedly. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

1 Like