The next AR races are likely to be Jinyu/Ogre

When I go in for my heritage armor, I plan on getting a shine up done. For now, the rust just keeps comin back… what with all the blood.

1 Like

There was an old PS1 (i think) game called Psy-Ops. It had a fun co-op model.

Player 1 controlled movement/looking around/aiming/targeting.

Player 2 controlled firing and using abilities.

Really, before we see any more allied races I’d like to see more neutral ones.

1 Like

But they are open about hating that concept. If anything I think they want to get rid of neutral races.

I still don’t see ogres being a playable race just because transmog wise it doesn’t make sense to me. I see gilgoblin being a better counter to Jinyu simply because of the whole water theme to both.

You can do a single-headed Ogre.

I only support neutral races in regards to races that we’d love to play but just make 0 since to be allied to one side or the other and there aren’t a lot of races I’d personally wanna see as playable that only make sense as neutral races. I’m one of those weirdos that still likes the separation of factions and differentiating factors.

1 Like

Never said you couldn’t, but to me it still doesn’t make sense, getting the mogs to fit them or to get them all specifically redone for their skeleton sounds like a pain

Then that’s a shame, since more neutral races would give us more options for telling interesting stories.

Just think of it: you could have a WSG with murlocs beating the crap out of each other.

It’s the Kul Tiran model…

1 Like

Considering everything to date, I cannot see the Ankoan/Jinyu becoming an Allied Race anytime soon. Kul Tirans and Mechagnomes have been fairly panned by the playerbase, particularly by Alliance players who are very unhappy with their Allied Races in general if this forum is anything to go by, or by using statistical data to see what races are played from a sample of the active population.

Ogres for the Horde? I’ll believe it.

The Alliance needs a big win in the Allied Race department though, and I don’t think we’ll be able to get it. Going by the forums it seems like half the people want High Elves or Kyrians, and the other half want, “Something different,” typically an animal race like Sethrak or Saberon.

Short of adding two races at once and grabbing one each, I don’t think Blizzard could win with Alliance players on a new Allied Race.

2 Likes

Is it? Meh still don’t think ogres fit then, I’ll leave it at that.

Just give people what they ask for then lol

2 Likes

Nope, lots of Alliance want Sethrak. They’re no more mog-destroying than Worgen or Tauren, helms will look stupid on them for the most part but that’s it.

Jinya/Ankoan are boring goldfish people. Sethrak are actually interesting.

They should add Sethrak as a playable race, and add quel’dorei customization to Void Elves. That’ll at least somewhat appease everyone - and the people who were hardline on High Elves becoming a whole new playable race (using the Thalassian model for a third time) were never going to be happy or reasonable with anything.

9 Likes

Yeah…that literally is it. They the same as Worgen. And those mogs, stances, and animations are a war crime.

Ogre for horde. Mogu for Ally. Both warrior races created by the titans.

The Ankoan? We marched in and killed their entire reason for coming to Nazjatar, the queen who screwed them over and who they were willing to die attempting to kill.

2 Likes

The solution to “some people not getting what they want” definitely shouldn’t be “nobody gets what they want anymore”.

4 Likes

“Sethrak are interesting”

Sethrak:

“Our Snake Mom died.”

“What do we do now?”

Korthek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG6DifUtPvs

Ankoan:

“Azshara killed our leader. What do we do?”

Ankoan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3_MhrAVQTA

1 Like

lots of Alliance want Sethrak.

1. Popularity isn’t a factor in this kind of thing. If it was then blizzard wouldn’t have released Mechagnomes and several of the less popular ARs.

Jinya/Ankoan are boring goldfish people. Sethrak are actually interesting.

1. Going around insulting other’s requests for ARs only makes your community look bad and undeserving of its requested AR.
5 Likes