The new talent tree is too confusion

Classic players would definitely find it too complicated :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally don’t find the new systems complicated, I just dislike that they are gutting some class abilities/features as talent options. That shouldn’t be a thing.

4 Likes

I mean, I’ll just start with whatever icy veins says has the highest dps throughput. I don’t have the time to do dungeons past KSM and am not able to raid so that will be sufficient for me.

1 Like

I’ve played around a bit with the DF talent calculators and I’m very excited. It gets us back to the older system, where you can choose setups that have more utility/survivability if you want that.

If you just want to do you mythic+ or raid or whatever and don’t want to deal with it (which I totally understand), websites like Icyveins or Wowhead will have templates for you, easy peasy.

1 Like

No, not really. :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

I love my new tree! builds a zoo build of DOOM

I’m pretty sure OP is taking the piss, but you never know with the low intel stats on these boards.

1 Like

Not sus at all coming from a classic character late on a Friday.

I like it. It can see some improvements (looking at Hunter mostly), but I like it over the previous one where we get a talent choice every 15 levels. Raid it’s already announced they won’t be able to properly sim the talent trees so making a cookie cutter build will not be the easiest thing to do, though it will eventually happen.

More players seem to like the concept of the new talent trees even if they aren’t particularly happy with how they are fleshed out by Blizzard.

Build the tree prioritizing the spells and abilities you know you’ll need, and make good choices for whatever optional stuff you may have.

1 Like

The cookie-cutter statement was very true with the old talent trees, before what we have right now (7 rows of 3 choices). Those provided nothing but the illusion of choice, when in fact anyone who wanted to be even remotely effective just used their spec’s cookie cutter build without essentially zero modifications based on content.

The current talent system at least provided actual choices. And it got better over the years. Now you swap between choices on rows based on what you’re doing, and what your team is lacking or needs more help with. Fewer options, but loads more effective choices in comparison to its predeccesor.

Now, the new talent trees are a throwback to the original. But there’s actually proving to be choices and options. You have heavy AoE focused sections of the trees vs. single target. You have utility choices vs. throughput. You have choices on how your throughput occurs, which utility abilities you’ll bring, and ways to make your spec better at handling certain situations over others.

1 Like

Right? I intend to make the most fun build possible while also not causing me RSI. :dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes

They are actually pretty straight forward. The actual annoying thing is how much they removed from the classes kits and make you repurchase at 2 talent points. Going to be interesting when groups decline people because they decided to get another DPS skill instead of that interrupt or dispel they once had.

3 Likes

It hurt itself in its confusion!

oh cool, they expanded the Final Fantasy 10 materia trees!

What? Back to when? When we only had the talent trees? This method we have now is the “new” method. For years we had to deal with trees.

It’s not hard to pick what you like. I imagine these new trees will be tough for people boosting a new class. But that’s the only scenario where I see them being any difficulty, and icy veins or wowhead are great places to clear up any confusion.

Just follow Icy-Veins guides GG EZ
They aren’t out yet Kaurmine you dummy
They will be by the time it matters, catch me outside.

Also, I am sure wowhead or icyveins will have cheat sheets.

Oh my god I literally can’t deal with these new trees. Pls Blizz change the talents back