The New pvp system is incredible!

True too. This is just going to lead to more random BG shaming, due to that “undergeared scrub” taking up a slot in their team.

1 Like

Yes because the pvp players labeled as casual wont be swarming into the rated content. YOLO will never happen, unheard of. Enjoy your 30 point ilvl for a few days because the casual pvp players will be wearing that gear too.

Thinking about this further, normalizing stats in random BGs would go a long way to fixing the situation.

4 Likes

Agreed. Bring back WoD templates or some variation thereof.

3 Likes

That’s one of three options they have:

1. Reintroduction of PvP scaling
  2. Templates
  3. Random BG matchmaking based on gear

Of course, they could have done it right to begin with and gone back to WoD or MoP. Absent that, they’re going to have to do one of those three things, or they will be bleeding players.

One of those things is going to happen. Mark my words.

I actually don’t mind if Rated players get great gear. That’s a great idea - if they reintroduced temples in PvP at the same time. That system would work for everybody.

1 Like

I don’t have a issue with this concept, however we never had to compete against 230 ilvl players that are fully Mythic + in PvP, we had a separate pvp stat back then that you can only get in pvp, now even Mythic has Verst drops, the so called pvp stat now.

Plus now a pvper with a 2400 rating can get a mythic 15 ilvl quality gear from ratings and pvp, which they should get … they worked hard for it. But the issue is that the gaps are much greater now in SLs compared to say TBC. So TBC it was only like a 7 itemlvl increase from high ratings … not a big deal.

Now they are like 20 ilvl differences, so a non rater would just be dead all the time… and maybe they have issues get ratings , cant find the classes and players for a comp that would work… or may love pvp but doesn’t have that skill needed for 2400 rating. Plus now more can get mythic gear instead which is easier then ratings , and still tear up pvp.

Bottom line I don’t have a issue with this , but I do when the gap on gears is that much greater now.

This is a funny statement given that m+ offers bonus gear just from completing runs. That’s pretty free gear, when you can also get gear from the run itself.

1 Like

So buy carry, get gear. Got it.

There is no way to earn mythic raid level rewards in lfr.

You do have equal access to rated pvp queues.

1 Like

Your retorts made no sense towards my argument. Go away and troll someone else.