The New leader of the Forsaken

My vote is with Voss

1 Like

My bet is on Calia.

…does anyone else think her new model looks like a Twilight vampire?

1 Like

Within the confines of the society the Forsaken have set up- basically a recreation of Lordaeron, with more goth candles- Calia makes the most sense. She’s undead, she’s the last living, or well… existing, heir to Lordaeron. She cares about her people and understands what it is to be Forsaken now.

And even if none of that were true, Blizzard will do it, because it’s “heckin’ cool, bro.”

Which man? Arthas is dead, so I guess Anduin?

Thinking about it, I forgot that the Desolate Council still exists and Sylvannas spared a bit more than half their membership. Though their leader is gone, I could see a re-purposing of said organization.

Calia will likely take Sylvanas’s place while Derek Proudmoore will take Nathanos’s.

So next expansion, we’ll at least be taking orders from a less-terrible Nathanos.

3 Likes

Blizzard should bring back the Desolate Council, or something similar so that they can develop more Forsaken characters and actually give them a narrative beyond, “Oh Sylvanas saved us and gave us a purpose. All hail the Dark Lady.”

3 Likes

Its calia imo, mostly reading from before the storm. A tremendous amount still see themselves as citizens of loerderon, and were loyal to calia being their princess. Which was really heartwrenching to read how that worked out, to me showing sylvanas has never been morally grey, shes been bat you know what evil and despotic since always, its just operating in the shadows meant it wasnt publisized. My opinion

1 Like

I don’t often volunteer my thoughts on these issues, but I feel that a certain perspective ought to be voiced for the sake of us longtime Forsaken players…

And that is that I cannot assert strongly enough how much many of us old school Forsaken mains would absolutely detest having a racial leader like Calia.

It’s not because I have any beef with Calia as a character. Personally, I am very interested in seeing what they do with her considering how long she’s been a part of the lore. But the reason why I could never be enthused by having “the Light Lady” as my racial leader is because she has nothing in common with the aesthetic of the undead race and the values that define the Forsaken as a people. When I picked undead as my race, I did so because I wanted a race defined by darkness, and as someone who played Warcraft III and The Frozen Throne, I knew exactly what I was signing up for.

To be as direct as possible, Calia Menethil is not Forsaken. She has never been Forsaken by anyone, or anything. The Light itself raised her, whereas every other Forsaken in the history of Azeroth has been spurned, reviled, detested, and rejected by not only the Light, but by the majority of their friends and family. Calia, on the other hand, is readily accepted by all around her from the moment of her rebirth. She won’t ever know the hardship and grief endured by the people of Lordaeron after they awoke from the nightmare of the Scourge.

What Calia represents (the Light, the Alliance, redemption, acceptance) is anathema to what defines the Forsaken as a race. We are dark, we are duplicitous, and we forge our own destiny despite having been rejected. To give us a racial leader like Calia would be the final nail in the coffin on a racial identity that has already been thrown into a tailspin with the loss of our capital city, and the loss of our Dark Lady.

#NotMyQueen

27 Likes

You jest, but my Forsaken priest is so traumatized at being abandoned by the Dark Lady that she now worships a piece of bread with a moldy spot that looks like Sylvanas’s face.

2 Likes

Gonna eat that slice of bread out of spite.

Speaking of bread and mold opened a bag of hamburger buns today that looked normal on the outside but were completely green and mold infested on the inside. Threw bag away got yelled at for wasting food.

Idiots

…so basically the folks who chastised you don’t care if people die from what they eat.

That is so spot on.

I think however we will be some kind of redemption for Sylvie, it would take a lot of work to NOT have Undead (110-120 npc’s) have a whole new dialog when you click on em.

At best Calia can take the wishy washy undeads on over to the alliance side of the house, 3rd faction.

I had thought they would raid boss her but I doo not see that what with all the Dark Rangers we created, I see that as the next class/race…

And looking at the log in screen with those goofy horde/alliance symbols by the toons, I am thinking that we are going to have to pick a side all over again something like what the pandas and DK’s do.

And again there is nothing in game that makes any sense why we would support Calia or ANY light created “undead”. Why would the light even do that? And (not that they recall there own lore) But was it not decided that the light does/is about the only thing that causes the Forsaken pain/discomfort?

1 Like

With Blizzard’s track record, they’ll invent a love interest out of nowhere to steal her heart and convince her to lead the Forsaken people to glory. My money is on Jaina’s brother.

Introducing, Lightborn Forsaken. They are blue humans, and everything unique about the Forsaken is now stripped. And all of the flavor dialogue you hear when you click on NPCs changes to “How are you?” “What brings you here?” “Light be with you. :)”

3 Likes

This. Calia as the leader of the Forsaken would only appease Alliance bootlickers. She was never forsaken.

4 Likes

Yep. There is already a cutscene.

What I think will happen:

1. Ham fisted poorly written and insulting “Calia is your leader now” that pisses a lot of people off.

2. Ham fisted poorly written and insulting Sylvanas Redemption that pisses a lot of people off.

What I want to happen:

A resurgent Desolate Council with Calia as just one member.

10 Likes

I mean, this wouldn’t be a terrible allied race. That’s still one of the possible reasons she got a new model.

Oh don’t worry. This is not news lol

1 Like

Yes please.