The New leader of the Forsaken

If Calia becomes the new leader the Forsaken I will race change to something else. Just don’t see it being justified even if she is the so called heir of Lordaeron. I have always enjoyed the Forsaken story and lore since Classic and just can’t see a Light Forged/Lightbound character in charge.
I would prefer Lilian Voss over her anytime. If Lilian Voss has her own version of a Desolate Council that might be a interesting to see. Or even if Lilian became part of that council that would be interesting also.
But if the Desolate Council is to be revived I think it ought to have her involved.
This is just my opinion.

2 Likes

So either Sylvanas is the next raid boss or next expansion is going to be called Warlords of Quel’Thalas

2 Likes

Calia seems to be the most likely candidate, but I still say it should go to Apothecary Judkins.

1 Like

Didn’t we already establish this? It’s me.

Sincerely,

Tyrant-Regent Opherial Guiraine, Undercity, Lordaeron, P.O. Box #112233

2 Likes

bad end: the forsaken, like the darkspear, just don’t have a racial leader for several expacs

badder end: it’s calia

good end: judkins and leonid get married and jointly govern the forsaken

You know what would’ve fixed at least some of what people are saying in this thread?

Having Nathanos switch sides at the end of the War Campaign - from Sylvanas to the Horde as a whole. I don’t know why he would, just write about how he can’t abandon the Forsaken the way Sylvanas did, even if it means saying goodbye to his love. Blizzard’s writers have pulled stupider things out of their butts.

Keeping Nathanos on Team Forsaken would help preserve some of the race’s identity, even with Calia in charge. He could speak to the Forsaken’s core founding values, and perhaps even calling out Calia for thinking she understands the Forsaken just because she’s undead.

“I AM Forsaken, Nathanos.”
“Alright. By whom?”
“…Pardon?”
“Forsaken. By. Whom?”
“…”
“You don’t even know why we call ourselves that, do you? Allow me to enlighten you. The people of Lordaeron were Forsaken by the Alliance and the Light. The Sin’dorei were Forsaken by the Alliance as well. Our Kal’dorei Dark Rangers were Forsaken by Tyrande and Elune. Even your new boyfriend has more claim to the title than you. There’s a reason he still hasn’t returned to Kul Tiras. It’s because he knows that there’s no welcoming party waiting for him, but rather a lynch mob. What you are, ‘My Lady’, is a nostalgic keepsake. The ONLY reason the Forsaken tolerate you is because the people of Lordaeron have a nostalgic soft spot for their beloved princess. You’re basically a teddy bear - something the Forsaken can briefly cuddle with whenever the going gets tough.”
“…”
“You say you care for the Forsaken. For what it’s worth, I do believe that. You care more about us than Sylvanas did, apparently. But don’t think for a moment that means you understand us. Because you don’t. You simply don’t.”

10 Likes

That would require Nathanos to be an actual character and not Mr Designed To Bang Sylvanas.

7 Likes

please
i cant throw up any more, it hurts

7 Likes

thrall

ten characters

I’m calling him that now

It’s a lot better than just ‘Nathan’

Wait, do Forsaken RPers not like Calia?

Most people, not just Forsaken roleplayers, dislike her for a wide variety of reasons.

1 Like

When did this start?! :scream:

1 Like

Around the time she became a Light zombie, I imagine.

2 Likes

As opposed to just a regular zombie. I like my stories grounded, thanks. Who ever heard of a Light infused zombie?

Preposterous.

It’s still something that was without precedent up until that point, and it happened in a book that not everyone read to a character not everyone interacted with. I can see why having her suddenly appear in a random house looking like she’s carved out of marble (for some reason) would be jarring and awkward.*

Also, her sole interaction with the Forsaken thus far as been her randomly deciding she was gonna start a monarchist revolution at the worst possible time and immediately dying because she’s a big dummy. She’s interacted more with the Alliance than she has any Forsaken character, which doesn’t make for good ~racial leader~ potential.

*Actually, thinking it over, jarring might be an understatement. I can’t even imagine what it must have been like having Calia thrown in your face if you’ve never touched Legion’s priest campaign or read Before the Storm.

“Go say hi to Arthas’ sister who looks like a sexy marble statue because she was raised as a Light-infused zombie, which are a thing now, by Anduin, who can do that I guess, after she died because she thought it would be a good idea to dis Sylvanas while in shooting distance. Also, she’s probably gonna lead the Forsaken now!! Bye!!!”

8 Likes

Hey man I agree.

I say we bring back the ghost in an elf meat suit who can shoot void plasma. That made sense at least.

And she was never involved with the Alliance either. Not counting a bunch of wars where she fought for them. But besides that.

1 Like

verisimilitude isn’t real and throwing in random characters to be the racial lead of a race they’ve barely interacted with is the same as having established characters do things, actually

3 Likes

Yeah I miss the good ol’ Vanilla days. When the Forsaken were just a nation of zombies living in a city-sized abandoned dungeon beneath their former kingdom. Back when things made sense, and the writing was actually good.

1 Like

It’s been a rough expansion for the forsaken. Their leader gets written as a crazed villain. They lose their main city. And their new leader is an Alliance npc who has had almost no interaction with them since WC3.