The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

09/02/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Talaen
70 pages and they still want discussion? lol
I'm thinking of going through the thread and quoting the ideas I've seen that I really like--bringing them forward, so to speak. I mean, I'd rather repeat other people's great ideas than my own boring "please make the permissions separate again."
BUMP!
09/02/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Fumel
I'm thinking of going through the thread and quoting the ideas I've seen that I really like--bringing them forward, so to speak. I mean, I'd rather repeat other people's great ideas than my own boring "please make the permissions separate again."

I've thought about doing the same honestly, I just really don't have time right now. Between getting two raid teams set and ready to go and doing boss reviews... not to mention normal guild workings my plate has been a little full. But, I'm still checking in.
Discussion suggests communication rather than devs standing in a circle chanting "we are the best, we are the best, we are the best..."
2 Likes
Still crap,needs to be fixed or put back. Dont let this die.
1 Like
New guild UI is trash, and is a complete turn off.

Don't even bother with the guild info/roster anymore.

Why does Bliz keep hiring sub par out of touch designers to screw with WoW????

MAKE AZEROTH GREAT AGAIN!

Hire some competent staff that actually play the game instead of uppity liberals that have no clue what is going on!
1 Like
First, thank you for letting us edit our own notes again. Second - some guilds let everyone see the officer note, some for fun yadayada can we please just have all the permissions back to the way they were?

Edit: such has letting everyone have fun with their note, but letting people know that hey this is X or Ys alt or friend.
I'm still disappointed by the lack of attention from Blizzard for the current status quo of guild controls. Quite a few excellent ideas and suggestions are scattered throughout this thread (all 70+ pages...).

Please, fix this crap you've given us to work with. "Is Officer" lumping of controls is the most annoying thing this expac (so far). Not being able to customize/tailor ranks as we'd like, and have been able to do in the past, is a huge let down.
The officer change really did just ruin a lot of stuff i cant even really co sign people to lower ranks to moderate the guild, its either trust them WITH EVERYTHING or trust them with NOTHING and that really kinda sucks.
Checking in again to make sure my voice is heard. Everyone contributing to this discussion needs to keep doing so.

As of right now, I haven't assigned anyone in our guild with the "Is Officer" box since there are certain permissions I will not assign to anyone in the guild, regardless of rank. As a result of this, nobody in the guild has access to any of those eight privileges since they're all lumped together in a one-size-fits-all definition of an officer.

Please give us the individual permission customization we had prior to patch 8.0. That's it. That's all I'm asking for.

For further recommendations to help guild management, add a complete log/record system for the guild bank so the guild master can keep track of cumulative records on gold deposits, gold repairs, gold withdraws, item deposits, and item withdraws. If WoW developers can create and maintain a statistics tab with all kinds of totally useless information for my character, they can add a simple feature that lets me keep track of a few guild bank records. That would actually help guilds.

Please address this problem sooner than later. This thread began on July 17. We're now at September 3 and we're three full weeks into BfA content. I'm not asking for an apology. Just please revert the permissions change. That's it. Many people have already given detailed explanations and feedback here over these 71 pages. You have what you need, and the "discussion" has already occurred. Read it, and pass the information along to the next group of people who need to make the correction. Failure to do so will just further the stereotypes of poor communication at Blizzard.

I will continue to check in here until the change is made. Everyone else needs to do so, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WinnTbw4shA

I see Blizzard's channel just put out a video on WoW's social features... So I can't imagine this is a topic they just want to sweep under the rug.

Can we PLEASE get an update about what Blizzard thinks about the proposed changes in this thread?

The main ones being: Reverting and expansion of guild rank customization instead of the consolidation of "is Officer."

And my own suggestions of having multiple Chat channels with customizable permissions and optional persistant chat.

Those changes would make things so much better IMO. I want the guild and community features to be as amazing as possible. But right now they are bare-bones and we are much better off using Discord.
1 Like
08/06/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Ythisens
Extended the cap once more on this one!

As you can imagine we're aware of this thread but don't have anything to share at this time but just wanted to say thanks for the continued feedback on this one. As soon as we have something to share we will post that for you guys.
Still waiting...
1 Like
Are they trying to make the ui look like windows 8? That's what it reminds me of. Blizzard, stop changing things for the sake of changing them.
1 Like
Blizzard has become one of the laziest developers recently, the entire xpac is just lazy.
1 Like
Come on Blizz: give us an update on this.
1 Like
I put in a ticket even asking they cant give any information only the devs can, But apparently the devs arent allowed to talk to us only the Game Masters are. Apparently for a thread to be big like this it "Just means they are intrested on collecting data/thoughts from the community" as if two months of it and complaining wasn't enough.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/460269078322479106/486244626387435520/daf1e9a6774722d8781b38a7d1eaa8b0.png
1 Like
Another guild leader adding to the deafening noise.

I hate the new "Is Officer" option. The old tickboxes weren't exactly complicated or difficult to understand - if you can understand the permissions you're giving people with the new tickbox, then you could have understood giving each of those permissions individually.

I now don't know who the heck half of my new players are, because whilst I can let lower ranks invite people, only officers can set the public note. I *used* to be able to let everyone who can invite set the public note too.

On top of that, it's no easier to set guild bank permissions, so if the concern was ever that guild masters were accidentally handing out more permission than intended, they can still do that with bank access. Guilds big enough to have a bank worth taking are guilds whose leaders need more control than "is officer y/n?"
1 Like
Chiming in again to demonstrate that I'm still watching for a resolution for permissions.

09/03/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Nysalla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WinnTbw4shA

I see Blizzard's channel just put out a video on WoW's social features... So I can't imagine this is a topic they just want to sweep under the rug.

Interesting. I notice the video does not recommend using the in-game guild finder. I giggled probably way too much about that bit of missing info. Lol
Blizz asked for our feedback...

Here's 71 pages and counting...

I gave my feedback a long while ago (around page 33), and asked a question I'm still waiting for a response on...
07/27/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Roguewit
If you ran your office like you expect us to run our guilds, NOTHING would ever get accomplished.
There was reason for Guild masters to have that granularity in assigning permissions in the first place. The reason has not changed. Why has the code?

If the question was not clear, let me rephrase:
Why have you opted to simplify the code for guild permissions and remove the granularity that has been long present?

And further:
Why would you assume this was something that didn't warrant discussion and feedback prior to its implementation? Somewhere I remember reading or hearing that you looked at the percentage of guilds utilizing the granular features and found it minute--did you correlate that with the percentage of single-member guilds being used as bank storage? The numbers themselves never give you the complete picture.

And finally:
Feedback implies that you are working on this issue and are trying to decide how best to proceed. Are you?
Are you redesigning the entire guild system to give us a more customizable experience, or are you pleased with the cookie-cutter design that makes your job easier while destroying the fabric of what has made this game stand the test of time?
Are you tearing the guild system apart because you are actively trying to find the bug that's slowing the database to a dead-crawl?

Do you have any intention of addressing and answering these and scores of other questions on this topic, or are you hoping that keeping us talking in circles is going to get boring enough that we'll wander off?

Do you realize, from the outside looking in, that you seem to not only be out of touch with your player-base, as well as the original vision and principles of what World of Warcraft was and is supposed to be--but that you also no longer care?

"I lost the other [woman I loved] because I was so busy trying to keep my job, that I forgot to do my job." --Andrew Sheppard (Michael Douglas), An American President.
1 Like
I'm just curious to see if anything is in the pipeline.

In accordance of the forum rules I'll make a suggestion to keep this alive:

Give guilds additional guild-only transmogs that are are only useable at exalted rep while in a guild. Super awesome transmogs. Or something.

*whimper*