The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

I just want the granular guild controls to be returned.

3 Likes

Me, too.

3 Likes

So say we all.

4 Likes

It’s crazy how old this thread is.

5 Likes

I think it’s more sad than crazy.

This really should have been answered, either with the promised fix or with Blizz saying “working as intended.” Since they haven’t done that, we have to assume that there’s a possibility they just might get around to fixing the permissions like Ion claimed they would.

4 Likes

Ion still has not acted on the granular guild controls, as he stated he would.
I don’t know what else we can do other than continue posting and remind him that we are still here and still expecting him to honour his word.

3 Likes

I don’t know, either. It’s crazy that it’s gone this long. If Ion hadn’t said the change was unintentional and they were working on a fix, I’d have given up a long time ago. I would have assumed this was how Blizz wanted it.

But to be told this problem was unintentional, and then not have it fixed YEARS later… that’s really hard to take.

4 Likes

Well, big patch tomorrow. Of course it includes nothing for guilds, especially not a fix for the permissions.

Still, I can dream.

1 Like

Did the mods forget how to lock threads?

2 Likes

If you read the last Mod post on this thread, from back on Aug of 2018, they don’t want to. They just want to continue to ignore it.

3 Likes

Does that guy even work here anymore? Bobby probably cannibalized them since.

2 Likes

wow this is old 1 lol

4 Likes

Nope. He got laid off ages ago.

They’ve had this thread on ignore ever since Ion promised they had a fix in the works. They ain’t never gonna lock it 'cause that would require them to acknowledge its existence.

5 Likes

Hey, it’s in the works

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Just here to say how disappointed I am (but not surprised) that nothing changed with the patch.

I sincerely don’t want to see us hit 6k posts before anything happens with the permissions.

4 Likes

Sorry but this makes me put on my devil horns and say…stop lyin’. Yes you do. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

But… but you’re a Paladin!
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously though, I really would love it if this thread ended tonight. I want to log in tomorrow and see that our granular permissions have been returned.

3 Likes

So, I was looking as the permissions again. I really don’t understand why there can’t be check boxes by each of the permissions listed under “is officer.” That’s all we need. A GM can make someone an officer, and then check off which of the permissions they want that officer to have.

Does anyone know why this can’t be done? Is it really too technically complicated? (I don’t know anything about programming, so I honestly don’t know what all it might involve.)

4 Likes

For this development team, I would say probably yes…that and they don’t give a expletive… people have been asking for simple changes since 2018 and they cant even do that

4 Likes