The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

This is good to know (though I think most of us posting here already knew about that.) The real problem is they had a whole new guild recruitment UI on the PTR. It had a search system and allowed invites to be sent when the recruit was offline–two major improvements over the old system. And then–POOF!–no recruitment in the UI at all.

Lots of players don’t know about accessing the old tab, so essentially recruitment is dead in the water for now.

:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

I’m sure most know of the command, but I’m sure there are some that don’t! Never helps to add a little helpful info for those poor souls that don’t! LOL!

But yes, blizz needs to fix this crap… I’m tired of waiting.

3 Likes

Well, I’ve been using the old guild UI to see if I can recruit anyone. Still no replies. I don’t have any guildless characters who could check to see if they can even see my guild in the finder, and I’m scared to make one just for that purpose. (I have an alt-oholism problem.)

While I really want the permissions fixed, I truly was looking forward to the new recruiting UI. I don’t understand what happened. I didn’t hear that there were any big issues with it on the PTR, but I wasn’t following very closely. I just can’t imagine how I’ll feel if they put revised permissions on the PTR and then they don’t go live.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’m checking in again to make sure my voice is heard. Everyone contributing to this discussion needs to keep doing so.

As of now, I still haven’t assigned anyone in our guild with the “Is Officer” check box since there are certain permissions I will not assign, regardless of rank. As a result, nobody in the guild has access to any of those eight privileges since they’re all lumped together in a one-size-fits-all definition of “an officer,” as defined by someone on the Blizzard WoW team. I’ve been playing WoW since March of 2005, raiding since Molten Core of 2005, and leading our guild as guild master since TBC in 2007. I know our guild and how to effectively manage it, not some stranger at Blizzard who knows nothing about us.

Please give us the individual permission customization we had prior to patch 8.0. That’s all I’m asking for.

For further recommendations to help guild management, add a complete log/record system for the guild bank so the guild master can keep track of cumulative records on gold deposits, gold repairs, gold withdraws, item deposits, and item withdraws. If WoW developers can create and maintain a statistics tab with all kinds of totally useless information for my character’s history, they can add a feature that lets me keep track of guild bank records. That would actually help guilds and their leaders manage things like donations rather than have to make Google sheets and such.

Please address this problem. This thread began on July 17, 2018. We’re now at October 21, 2019. It’s been one year and three months with no fix. That’s absurd.

Many other recommendations to help guilds have already been provided in this thread. This information can be gleaned from some eager, hard-working interns and would make a good project. You have what you need, and the “discussion” has already occurred. Read it, and pass the information along to the next group of people who need to make the corrections. Failure to do so will just further the stereotypes of poor communication and the apparent growing disregard for the gaming and guild community of WoW… which is sad.

I will continue to check in here until the change is made. Everyone else needs to do so, too.

Wretchedmist
GM of Obsidian Spur - Thrall realm
2004 Horde launch guild

6 Likes

At this rate, a certain city near Kowloon Bay will get freedom before guild controls are restored…

Restored

As in, they were FINE before and got borked.

Ugh, Bliz. Really?

3 Likes

You know, I could actually live with that.

Checked the old guild finder. No requests to join my guild. /sigh

To be honest, it’s such a tiny little casual guild, I don’t know that I’d get any bites even if the fancy new recruitment UI was up and running. But I’d be willing to help out newbies, and they’d get those “great” perks just for being in the guild. It wouldn’t be a total waste of time for folks who want a really laid back, casual guild.

4 Likes

I know it’s silly of me, but I’m really hoping there may be some love shown to guilds after Blizzcon. The new recruit-a-friend program indicates to me that Blizz hasn’t completely given up on WoW.

After folks are recruited, what’s a better way to keep them playing than having them join a great guild? Of course, for guilds to be truly great, GM’s need more options for guild control–which means granular permissions. And launching that fancy new guild recruitment UI wouldn’t hurt, either. (Still no replies to my advert in the old guild finder. /sigh)

It also would help if guilds had more perks, like the many great ideas mentioned throughout this thread. Repeatedly mentioned. Not that I would know anything about that…

6 Likes

“More feedback please”

LOL.

From Vanilla to now, what a shame that things have devolved so much.

4 Likes

As has been said better by others in this thread, combining Guilds and Communities into the same interface was not a very smart move to begin with. We really need separation between them since they serve two very different functions. And that’s why we need the permissions fixed, Blizz!

Anyone know a workaround for finding a guild now since the guild finder in game doesn’t work (besides posting in trade, that is)?

5 Likes

So, if you type /gf in game you don’t get the finder? I use /groster, which brings up the old interface, including the finder tab. I listed my own guild in the finder, but have not gotten any responses.

If the finder isn’t working, that might be a reason why I’ve not heard anything. :wink: (It’s also very possible no one wants to join a tiny, totally casual guild.)

It’s bad enough to have the permissions messed up, but it’s ridiculous that a new recruitment interface that was on the PTR didn’t make it to live–and that the one we had was removed.

3 Likes

So this is interesting. Under /gf, I can browse other guilds, but I can’t list mine. Under /groster, I can list my guild, but I can’t browse.

Also interesting, I listed my guild and then browsed. It put my guild at the bottom of the list. (It used to put new listings at the top of the list.)

So…outside of the .005% of the player base that knows enough about console commands and is patient enough to scroll past all the old listings, there is effectively no guild finder in the game right now.

5 Likes

In my restless dreams,
I see that feature,

Guild Permissions.

You promised you’d give me
them again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I’m all alone here now…
In my ‘special guild’…
Waiting for you…

5 Likes

I wrote out /guildfind - dumb, huh? I’ll try /gf and see what happens. Thanks.

edit: That worked.

2 Likes

Update about my listing in Guild Finder: I got a request!

Of course, the requesting player wasn’t online when I saw it. I sent an in game mail giving a little more details about my guild and said the player could mail me back if they were still interested.

The UI that was on the PTR sure would have been a lot more useful right now. It’s really hard to invite people when you and they aren’t online together. So, the old guild finder does work, but it’s still as much of a pain as always.

6 Likes

I’m back to join in the beating of a dead horse. I thought I would share this GIF with you to express how I feel about the topic.
ht tp // gph.is/1SaMK5i

3 Likes

Thank you for your insulting opinion which, like what Blizzard did to guilds, was unasked, unappreciated., and only serves to waste time from actual discussions of positive ways to encourage Blizzard to fix this conundrum.
Now go milk your ‘cow’.

3 Likes

I’ll have you know I’m not even close to dead. :stuck_out_tongue:

What I’d really like to know at this point is what happened to the new guild recruitment UI? I know the permissions got messed up when the communities feature went live. The new UI is a different animal though. It was on the PTR, and I understood all was working just fine.

Now, we not only don’t have the new one, we don’t have a recruitment button at all. Yes, you can use /gf to look for a guild and /groster to bring up the old UI, but not everyone looking for a guild knows this.

What the heck is going on?

6 Likes

If you are that easily insulted, you might want to consider therapy or social reconstruction. I am here as a supporter. I have posted my thoughts on why the change was bad and what they might do to fix it so that it would help my guild specifically. But like everyone else here, my “input” has been ignored by the ones who asked for it. And for the past year+ we have been seemingly beating a dead horse.

I strongly believe the only ones who had any concern over what we thought about a positive change to guild infrastructure were among the hundreds who were given the pink slip back in February. Since then, our query has either been pushed back further or completely deleted from topics of importance on the Developers’ desk.

Of course I could be totally wrong and they will announce something new and different like the Auction House Interface sometime in the next few days as we lead into and bleed over the BlizzCon.

Alas we have been on this topic a while with absolutely no return for our input yet the thread continues out of hope and/or spite, er go; Beating a Dead Horse.

1 Like

Man. All this time later and we still are stuck with the same guild permission system. As a GL, it’s prohibitively limiting.

5 Likes

Poor horse!

But seriously.

It’s been well over a year now.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but if memory serves, we were told about a year ago by a mvp (or whatever they’re called ie: “green”) here on this thread, that they’d personally had a talk with someone from Blizzard at last years BlizzCon and that “they were heard” by Blizz…

I’m sorry, but combine that with “we need more feedback” for that same year plus and…

I am unhopeful to say the least.

Agreed (and I pray you are doing / will be doing better soon friend. I can relate. Health issues stink)

I myself have used the word “devolved” here describing guild permissions among other things.

I SO hope you’re right!

I read every post here every day.

Your optimism always encourages me at least a little Fumel.

Thank you.

Agreed.

I’ll continue to check here daily if not actually actively post often until Blizz

Because

and

Please fix 'em Blizz.

Thank you

4 Likes