The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

Still pulling up older posts to try to get them the attention they deserve. Okay, so maybe all I’m doing is getting them ignored twice. Whatever.

Here’s a nice succinct one from August explaining exactly how the permissions were used by the poster’s guild and why the current permissions don’t work for them:

Yes, I know Venjin is a regular poster here, and he’s constantly imploring Blizz to fix this mess. That doesn’t make this old post any less relevant.

Fix the permissions, Blizz.

4 Likes

Still here Blizz.

You may not care about guilds but I (we) do.

Like some have posted recently, my guild is pretty quiet now. We’re still getting new members, but our regulars dislike the mess that is BfA and we can’t manage our guild the way we have always done so since Vanilla. Sadly, after all these years, many of hem have called it quits and un-subbed.

Like many others, our guild has always managed to keep people interested in the game during either content droughts or even poor content.

Even during WoD.

Interested people keep playing and therefore keep paying.

You.

Without the tools we need to operate the way we wish, we can no longer keep as many people interested in the game.

Uninterested people don’t play. They therefore don’t pay.

You.

Blizz in it’s questionable attitude (and silence) of late, combined with what may arguably be the least popular Wow xpac to date, along with crippling many guilds, has done the work themselves of depriving themselves of subs.

I was under the impression that big corporations liked to make money…

4 Likes

Can’t decide which is worse.

Anthem’s loading screen wait times.

Or.

The wait time for a response on this.

Revert the permissions.
Save the cheerleader.
Save the world.

8 Likes

WTF.

In the time since this thread began, Roman Reigns not only had a recurrence of Leukemia, but has also since undergone treatment and is now in remission.

And yet Bliz has managed to do nothing except sack the only blue who cared.

Please revert the permissions

7 Likes

That is a brilliant–and somewhat disturbing–observation.

Also, your use of .gifs is excellent. :+1:

Blizz’s lack of response…not so much. :-1:

3 Likes

Here is another comprehensive post from back in August. The poster started another thread to voice their concerns. Fortunately, they also quoted themselves since the old forums are now read-only and I can’t quote the original thread. (I also can’t post links, so I’ve had to do some editing.)

Yes, there is an entire thread about the issue–this thread. But I can’t really blame anyone for trying to start another thread in the hope of catching someone’s attention. Sadly, the tactic doesn’t seem to have worked. But the poster’s ideas are still relevant.

4 Likes

Link to Polgara’s alternate thread on the old forums

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that.

You know, if I’d been posting just to improve my forum level (like I’ve been accused of doing by a particular person in this thread), I would have been able to post links myself. So, maybe my agenda here has nothing to do with forum levels, ya think?

4 Likes

Some acknowledgement of this issue would be immensely appreciated, Blizz. I may not have a horse in this race as I don’t lead a guild, but quite frankly I have even less interest in running one with how the permissions have been gutted and the issue unaddressed. If you truly love guilds and communities, it makes no sense for you to strip away a guild leader’s ability to effectively run their guild the way that makes sense for them. Guilds are not cut-and-paste; they are not all run the same way. And for a lot of guilds, these changes have been immensely damaging- just look at all the replies in this thread.

And fix the permissions. Or at least -talk- to us, please.

6 Likes

Seriously, is someone there holding people hostage? Start blinking your location in Morse code and we’ll have sammiches dropped on your location.

5 Likes

No, they aren’t holding anyone hostage. They fired them all instead. At least, they fired the one person who actually replied to us.

Oh, excuse me, I mean, “laid off”. Because no one apparently gets “fired” anymore (except on some old reality show).

4 Likes

Without so much as a whimper…still we have nothing but silence.

But lo, I still have a moment to ask for the permissions to be reverted!

5 Likes

I thought I’d stop by and see if we’ve gotten a response… and nothing. Really? I mean this is stupid. Oh well, kinda like the rest of WoW right now. Not really happy with it. Roll on 9.0 at this rate.

5 Likes

Don’t you know that no one but the “five” of us who have been “keeping this thread alive” are the only ones who care about the issue, and everyone else has “adjusted and moved on”? You’re apparently not supposed to be coming here to check on things because “no one else cares.”

Honestly, you’re more than likely right that this won’t be changed for another expansion or two, and then it’ll be promoted as a new and exciting revamp of the guild functions rather than a reversion to what we used to have.

Assuming they fix it at all.

2 Likes

Made me LOL…but I actually wouldn’t put it past them… < rueful grin emote >

4 Likes

“promoted” (Is officer?) :eyes:

Oh the irony… :scream:

Blizz. Please fix the permissions.

3 Likes

They fired dead weight.

Interesting perspective. The Blizzard employee who actually responded to this mega-thread was “dead weight”. Gives us a good idea what Blizzard actually thinks of our concerns, doesn’t it?

4 Likes

If by popping in and not contributing anything beyond “I extended the thread so you guys can stop flooding GD with more threads” is considered a decent response, then sure, you’re right and I apologize.

Not to mention his last response was August 18th.

Oddly enough that’s all he really ever contributed to any thread besides a joke thread.

1 Like

I somewhat agree with that.

I mean, they are Community “Managers” after all. They’re seeming employed to “manage” the community.
Not have any kind of meaniful dialogue with it.