The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

Yes, sad but true. There is a link to his tweet in this post:

/hugs

3 Likes

Thank you. But it would be better in a group hug with a yak!!! :sob:

4 Likes

Iā€¦I have to go now. I never thought I would care this much about a virtual stranger losing their job.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get over it, but ā€¦Goddam Iā€™m pissed right now.

4 Likes

I understand, I rarely use the forums, but it was obvious this guy really cared ā€¦

I think it says a lot about the direction they are going ā€¦

6 Likes

With all the crud going on, I have never felt more pressed to abandon the effort.

But Iā€™m a New York Knicks AND New York Jets fan.

I have a well of resolve dug in from YEARS of floundering in mediocrity, with no regard to reality or reason.

So, in spite of the grim tides foreshadowed by todayā€¦I press on.

Revert the permissions.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure why I bother any more. Itā€™s obvious Blizzard is imploding, and they clearly have other things on their minds than making an old video game work better.

But, just in case Iā€™m totally wrong, hereā€™s another post from August with some guild improvement ideas:

Yeah, yeah, dead horse, wasting our time, whatever. Iā€™m going to keep doing this and think of it as my memorial to Ythisens and the other Blizzard employees who actually cared about WoW.

9 Likes

Disgusting.

2 Likes

Now that the only CMs left are ā€œnever post, always insult the communityā€ Loreā€¦ and Bornakkā€¦ we can officially kiss any chance of a response goodbye. The promises to communicate better resulted in the CMs getting firedā€¦ so, we have to realize weā€™ll get even less communication than what we had been seeingā€¦

6 Likes

Bye blizz
/unsub

2 Likes

I run a social media group for guild and raid leaders. No one likes the new permissions or UI. Some have shrugged their shoulders and decided this is the New Normal and are rolling with it. Most are attempting to communicate with Blizzard by various means (here, Twitter, Reddit, etc) about what they dislike and why.

Given the big picture of how guilds have been treated over the last few expansions, the layoffs, and general direction of Activision/Blizzard, I think itā€™s time to start thinking of Plan B that does not involve WoW.

7 Likes

This makes me chuckle because, well, you know, someone else insists we in this thread are the only ones who hate this change (and that there are only 5 of us). I somehow find you more believable.

This makes me sad, but I canā€™t say I blame you. I havenā€™t been able to bring myself to log on for a couple daysā€“and thatā€™s not normal for me. I just feel like no one in charge at Blizzard cares about WoW at all anymore, and thereā€™s no hope of a fix for our ā€œlittleā€ problem.

The guild permissions arenā€™t the only thing wrong, but they seem like such an easy fixā€“just make an ā€œadvancedā€ tab with the permissions separated out the way they used to be. If Blizz canā€™t even be bothered with that, Iā€™m afraid I have to conclude theyā€™re done with WOW (beyond collecting our sub money and releasing cash shop mounts).

2 Likes

Still doing my read-through even as the world (of warcraft) crumbles around us.

Here are some great ideas Venjin came up with and listed back in August:

If a miracle happens and Blizz decides WoW is worth their effort again, maybe theyā€™ll take a look at some of these ideas. Number 6, of course, is the one weā€™ll be happy to get even if we canā€™t have any of the rest.

5 Likes

Oh no the thread died WAIT no it didnā€™t.

Seems like the care that used to go into WoW is waning, though. Sincerely hope they arenā€™t looking to strangulate it and milk subs/shop mounts, but not a lot points to any other conclusion. Pretty sad and shortsighted to let the flagship sink and expect the brand name to give oomph to a mercurial mobile/esports market when the olā€™ trusty plowhorse could rake it in for the forseeable future if theyā€™d polish it even half as much as MoP or Legionā€¦

Eh, I do have ESO on the back burner whenever enough of my friends quit. I wonder if Rift is still around, they had bards!

5 Likes

Iā€™m giving up guys. It just seems so impossible to get any real change, despite how many posts I put up. Nothing we say is going to make a difference.

We can holler all we want, but the fact remains:
James Dolan still owns the Knicks and until that changes, weā€™re screwed.

Waitā€¦

Oh crap, wrong forum!

Revert the guild officer permissions to their pre-BfA functionality.

9 Likes

If after nearly a year and 2,800 posts they wonā€™t give you guys any sort of information then itā€™s safe to say they donā€™t care what any of you have to say anyway.

Sometimes itā€™s best to just walk away.

Over half the player base has done just that.
Flips hair

3 Likes

Please revert the guild permissions.

It would be awesome.

Also

Iā€™m tempted to hunt down all my songs in this thread and embed youtube links to the originals in the posts lol.

6 Likes

Iā€™d be very surprised if half the player base is still here compared to what BfA started with, which is probably why actually fixing anything isnā€™t a concern.

1 Like

Iā€™m in favor of this. :grin:

I can only quote posts. Contrary to what a certain other poster claims, I havenā€™t been working on getting my forum status up. For one thing, you have to read something like 500 different topics, and I pretty much just stick to this one.

But I think it would be really cool to have the music to go with your songs, Venj.

4 Likes

Hehā€¦are there 500 topics?

Thereā€™s this, High Elves, Raider-Oā€™s, Titanforge Has Ruin All the Things, Flightfinder, and Classic. No one will ever level up! :sob:

1 Like