The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

I’m sure your more than welcome Che.

What I myself would like to personally thank you for is the following. It is of course the only truthful statement you’ve made on this thread since you began trolling it after the alternate bug thread you personally created was rejected en-mass by every Guild Leader here because, as has been explained to you many multiple times, the issue in question is not a bug.

The only truth anyone needs to know about you:

Thank you Che.

1 Like

Yeah…right…we are the minority here.

I guess that is why WoW is bleeding subs by the thousands, while those (like yourself) keep their heads crammed into dark places thinking that all is well.

You are laughable. By all means, keep providing us with humorous material, while you bump this thread.

4 Likes

Getting back to the original thread (instead of further attention being paid to the stupid idiotic troll:)
I really do think other channels like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook are the way to go since blizzard has failed to address or even respond to the issues.

If everyone who posted here did so there’s a sliver of hope a response would be given. Alternatively we could start one of those online petitions.

But no matter what we do, we need to get out of the forum-black-hole to which blizzard has banished us.

3 Likes

It may be worth a shot.

I have actually posted about the permissions issue elsewhere. Mostly on Facebook.

People were always sympathetic. That being said, there seems to be a lot of people having issues with Wow and with Blizzard in general these days.

Just from reading the Wow forums, Wow Facebook groups, Reddit, etc…it seems to be a common opinion that the game is a mess in a lot more areas than just guild permissions these days.

I think many folks (although being sympathetic to our plight) may end up being focused on their own issues “whatevertheyare” re: Wow / Blizzard.

In all the time this thread has existed, with all the many dozens of Guild Leaders and friends thereof who have posted here asking for
help or at least a reply of some sort from Blizzard over these many months, only one individual has stated he or she is fine with the new permissions and has made them work.

(Although not at first, and then later once their “mind changed” she / he refuses to say how they make “is officer” work even when asked multiple times)

For me at least, that says a lot

4 Likes

Well, the more I see about actual problems at Blizzard (hundreds of layoffs coming up) the less hope I have about anything in this game getting fixed. Our issue with the guild permissions is big to us, but a mote to the folks who work there it seems.

I just wish someone would at least be honest with us and give us a few words of truth. Were the changes intentional or just a side result of combining the Guild UI with the new Communities feature? If it’s unintentional, is there any plan to fix it? Is it really too much to ask for even a snippet of communication?

5 Likes

Well, here I am again, padding my stats for…some reason that I’m supposed to care about. :man_shrugging:

Here’s another quote from earlier in the thread by someone who’s obviously perfectly happy with these changes (not):

Because I’m more stubborn than the average mule, I’m going to just keep on doing what I’ve been doing, even if it just ends up being me and our pet troll (who nicely bumps the thread from time to time). I’m curious to see how long this thread can go before Blizz finally gives up pretending they care and goes ahead and locks it down.

4 Likes

Just wanted to chime in here and confirm that yes, I do still hate the new guild UI and wish it were reverted.

I really don’t understand this thing that’s happening with the entire software industry where they constantly make “improvements” that remove features and make everything objectively worse than it was before.

5 Likes

Hey look…still no response or fix from Blizzard… yeah… they’re totally trying to ignore us till we go away.

5 Likes

Why even come to this forum, with thousands and thousands of replies on this issue, and tell people who have dedicated hours upon hours trying to get it fixed, and tell them that nobody cares.

Where your community doesn’t care, I guarantee this forum is bigger than that, and even if it weren’t. You are currently posting in the one place, FULL of people who care, A LOT.

nice

bait

tho

2 Likes

So Valentine’s Day is coming up, Blizz… how about fixing the permissions as a way of showing us you care? <3 I mean I love chocolates and wine and all but man, I’ve been craving guild permissions lately… please~?

3 Likes

Venjin and I previously talked in this thread about using Twitter to try to communicate with the dev team since there’s been no communication here (or in the Q&A’s or elsewhere), and I have yet to receive a reply from them.

But as Randomly recently pointed out, there are other avenues (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.) that seem to get more communication from the team than the forum seems to be getting.

So if you have other ways of communicating with the team, please don’t spend your posting time just here on the forum – let them know elsewhere how you feel. Just try to stay as level as we’ve been here in this thread.

The bare minimum that we’re asking for is simply an answer to whether or not this was planned (intended) or a bug that is on their internal list of bugs that may or may not ever get fixed. There are alot of bugs in the game right now, but it seems quite a few are related to the guild UI and calendar.

We just want to be shown by Blizzard that they care about those of us who are still playing the game. Communicating with us will show us that; whether it’s communicating about this issue here, or elsewhere – just give us something, it’s been over 6 months!

Also, everyone please stop acknowledging the troll who is trying to derail and diminish our concerns (while insulting us). We have a legit issue and need to keep the thread going and on-track.

4 Likes

Hear, hear!

I confess I won’t be happy if this change is permanent, but I would at least like to know one way or the other.

4 Likes

“Also, everyone please stop acknowledging the troll who is trying to derail and diminish our concerns (while insulting us). We have a legit issue and need to keep the thread going and on-track.”

Nope they need me and that’s why they feed me. Like I said 5 people can’t keep this afloat.

BTW I would heartily suggest you take this to a bigger stage. Twitter/Facebook/create a YouTube channel on this. I mean you have so much support for this aren’t millions of people waiting to subscribe/join/add/follow you?

Lol…and Doctor heal thyself…talkin’ bout don’t feed the troll when I’m the one keeping this thread alive.
Again, I double dare you all to take a one week break from this thread and not mention my name (lol or the troll, you know you love me) for a month. Let’s see how disciplined you are…

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:

3 Likes

I’m finding these store brand olives to be of a lesser quality than the brand-name ones. I’m eating more with each sandwich, though, to get rid of them, so I can get a jar of the good ones next time.

Snowstorm…

Power unreliable…

(A) Blizzard is now literally not wanting me to play this game anymore…

3 Likes

Please revert the permissions.

I’d detail more but snowstorm.

5 Likes

Well folks, they laid off the only blue who paid any attention.

:expressionless:

7 Likes

I’m so sad right now. :worried:

3 Likes

Wait, what?

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!! Not Ythisens! :sob:

3 Likes