The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

The best part is that events completely ignore guild ranks. Want to mass invite people at member and above to a raid? It fills alts in.

3 Likes

Also, guild permissions for bank tabs is super broken. Have it set so any rank can deposit items in tabs. Doesn’t work.

4 Likes

Well, something I noticed yesterday on my main and confirmed it on this character. The ability to instantly see at a glance when guild members last logged on has been removed. Again. You have to click the names now and look at the pop up.

So, good job, Blizz. You not only didn’t fix anything, you broke it further. :roll_eyes:

On a side note, I just realized one of my few guildies was missing. Well, not really a “guildie” since it’s an alt of mine. But she wasn’t showing on my roster. So I looked at various things, including the log. Somehow, my alt left the guild without my assistance. How’s that for weird?

I logged onto her, and sure enough, no guild. It’s an easy fix, but it makes me wonder if other people have lost guild members and assumed they /gquit while the member assumed they’d been kicked.

8 Likes

Well 8.1 came its starting to become obvious they do not give a fling F about this and the broken community launch

4 Likes

I actually thought it was me
 I couldn’t find it last night either. This is annoying AF
 You need to see this, and sort by it, so you can purge the players that don’t play anymore.

4 Likes

Aug 6th

9 Likes

I had hopes the inability to see last logged in times was a bug that would be fixed with this morning’s maintenance. Alas, that was not the case.

I still hope it’s a bug. After all this time posting and hoping for a change to the guild UI (specifically all the permissions being lumped under the “is officer” designation), it would be horrible for this to be Blizz’s only response.

6 Likes

I have no problem seeing this with /guildroster command. No one else does either. I’m very much anticipating seeing you all on the Q&A. I’ll be there!

1 Like

Once again:

Seeing (or not seeing) the roster is not the primary issue for most Guild Leaders here. The main issue at hand is: “Is Officer”

See you at the Q&A

6 Likes

My point was that we used to be able to see this with the new guild UI. You know, that UI you keep saying is functioning perfectly fine for you and your guild? But since 8.1, that function has been removed. Sure we can use the /guildroster command–which takes us back to the OLD guild roster that they never should have changed in the first place.

But, you know, some of us would like to just have a guild UI that comes up with one click and that has all the functionality of the old guild UI–including the ability to assign permissions as we see fit. Blizz wanted to change the UI, fine. But not only does it not have the functionality of the old UI, they just removed a function it DID have.

That is absolutely NOT okay, no matter how many work-arounds exist. This is supposed to be a top-tier game, not some cheap cut-rate free-to-play piece of garbage game. We should not have to keep finding work-arounds to do things we used to be able to do easily.

9 Likes

Well said.

I hope Blizzard actually sees your comment, AND takes it to heart.

5 Likes

Lol
HotFix tonight
chat features :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bumpy bump bump
need this issue delt with Blizz!

2 Likes

I’m now genuinely interested in seeing if the Cross-RP thread picks up as many posts as ours

‘Communities’ ftw.

2 Likes

okey dokey
Fingers Crossed

2 Likes

sigh Cross-RP addon breaks? Immediate response.

Guild controls?

crickets

9 Likes

I took a break during a mini-vacation to watch the Q and A in hopes something would be said about guild controls, I got exactly what I expected - nothing.

Btw, today marks 150 days since this thread was created.

150 days and 2,380 comments later and we still have nothing from Blizzard.

Back to gambling now.

4 Likes

Still not covered.

4 Likes

Alrighty.

Getting ready for my twitter block, cause I’m gonna send them a message per day until this is fixed.

8 Likes

I’m tempted to make a twitter account just for this purpose. Somehow I feel it will all be in vain.

I just wish someone from Blizz would come here and tell us if they have any intention of fixing it any time at all. Saying they’re listening and will say something when they have something to say isn’t good enough at this point.

Well, to be honest, I wouldn’t care if they never say anything as long as when I log on tonight, the permissions have been made separate check boxes again. There are lots of other guild issues that need a fix (such as recruitment) but the permissions right now are the number one on my list.

7 Likes