The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

My concern is that if it is now or never I am afraid that they will choose the never option.

5 Likes

Yeah, me too.

It’s okay with me if they haven’t had time to get to guilds by this next patch, but guilds should really be a priority after that. If they want to pull this game out of the dumpster fire, they truly need to bolster the one thing (guilds) that keeps players playing through thick and thin.

5 Likes

Yup! I’m prone to overstatement so…no, it’s not now or neva, but…this the window of opportunity imo :smiley:

I would advise a way to draw attention to this post. Yes, it’s been done before with mixed results. Create a new thread that points here? I dunno, this is not my forte. Maybe ask for help from the now more responsive community managers?

Let’s get some positive creative juices flowin’ guys! In my mind this is the time to leave the negativity behind and throw all the energy in positively! Yes, reminding them that the bad old days meant ignoring issues, that’s fair! Focusing our newly unleashed community managers on specific things that we want is one way to go, in my opinion!

Si se puede!

3 Likes

I agree. And one specific thing that I (and many others here) want is granular guild permissions once again. Having check-boxes by each permission would work perfectly for me.

4 Likes

More detailed patch notes were released- on first read I don’t see anything about guild permissions or … anything related to guilds, or communities, which are both still horrendously broken. A lot of good improvements are in there, certainly… but I really hope Blizz hasn’t just forgotten in the hopes that we, too, will forget.

An MMO is only as strong as its community- while I see some positive changes including an opt-in to what seems to be their equivalent to the Sprout system from FF14… guilds still badly need addressing. Communities are outright broken and breaking more every day it seems.

It’s sad that it’s taken this degree of bad things happening (to make a massive understatement) for them to finally think about everything else that should’ve been fixed (or never broken to begin with)… but baby steps forward are better than none at all I suppose.

Restore granular permissions to guilds, Blizz. Fix the community and guild interfaces to not be so horrendously broken anymore.

4 Likes

I agree!

Blizz. I originally told you via this thread several years ago now that I would not forget about the borking of our guild permissions. I still have not forgotten

I found this first of several ‘‘quotes’’ on another thread on these forums. It rang true there and it also rings very true in this thread’s context as well:

More truth:

Che posted some great advice in my opinion:

As by seen above, Che states it quite well.

We’ve already told Blizz what we’d like done with guilds etc…over the several years that this post has been active.

Trying again at this particular time could be very beneficial in my opinion.

Guilds should be a priority because as has been stated both here on this thread as well as elsewhere on these very forums:

Where do a lot of friends hang out together on World of Warcraft?

Guilds.

Blizzard, I for one still want the old granular guild permissions back.

Anything beyond that would be icing on the cake and there have been a LOT of good ideas posted on this thread over the years regarding said icing.

Blizzard stated to the people on this thread that a fix was in the works for guild permissions years ago.

I for one am still holding them to that promise.

Now Blizzard has stated that :

I’m going to hold them to that as well.

Come on Blizzard.

Make good on your word!

5 Likes

Please return granular control to guild rank permissions

In July 2018 Bliz introduced communities; an unintended result of this launch guild granular permissions controls were consolidated to just two ranks, essentially guild officer or not guild officer.

There were many threads that requested a return to the previous guild permissions functionality, which were close with a master thread started.

On July 25th 2018 a blue, Ythisens, extended the cap, and once again August 7th 2018; unfortunately Ythisens was one of the 800 Bliz employees that were culled and it seems they were the only one that was monitoring this thread.

In the WoW Live Developer Q&A w/ Ion Hazzikostas - August 23rd 2018 Ion said that they were looking for further feedback, he even stated “let us know what problems you are having and we do what we can to solve those problems”.

Well here we are; more than 3 years after the statement from Ion requesting further feedback, the thread has 4620 posts full of feedback without any further acknowledgement or a fix.

Here is one of my posts within the master thread that details my feedback and reasoning.

I just wonder now that Bliz seems to be “listening” to players once again that we can refocus them to finally resolve this issue.

6 Likes

Good stuff

1 Like

If anyone wants to take a peek, I made a post on the following, in the hope of catching Blizzard’s attention:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-developer-update

2 Likes

Here’s a direct link to Druunah’s post (rather than the top of the thread):

3 Likes

This game is getting destroyed lmao

1 Like

I would quote your whole post (because it excellently summarizes the issue and this entire thread) but I’ll just quote the most important part and folks can scroll up a few posts to read the rest.

Edit: The interview with Ion is especially “interesting.” They basically decided for us that we don’t need to use granular permissions. :roll_eyes: Walkerbo’s earlier post is only one of the many posts in this thread explaining how the poster used granular permissions to run their guild. Ion says “we’ll do what we can to solve those problems” and yet… that interview was MORE THAN THREE YEARS AGO.

I honestly don’t know if anything can save the dumpster fire this game has become, but perhaps Blizz can start by doing the things Ion said they were going to do.

4 Likes

Honestly with developers (both for games and some addons) you run smack into that attitude. “I don’t do this, so nobody needs to.”

4 Likes

I’m not sure that attitude is limited to developers. I see it here on the forums and in chat all the time. I don’t raid, but I hope I don’t go around saying it’s not important.

I get that a lot of GM’s maybe don’t need granular permissions to run their guilds. I don’t see how that justifies removing them from the ones who did use them. In the video Walkerbo linked above, Ion acted like check boxes would be a huge inconvenience. I mean, couldn’t they have an “advanced” permissions tab then? Default lets you keep them all-in-one and advanced gives you check boxes. Is that really hard to do? (Serious question because I don’t program.)

6 Likes

All of the 9.1.5 changes listed… and still nothing to fix this. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Phbbbbt!

3 Likes

For all the good it’ll likely do…

I made yet another post on another recent thread trying (again) to get Blizzard’s attention.

5 Likes

I put one there, too. I doubt it will help, but it certainly can’t hurt.

4 Likes

Haven’t heard of any guild changes coming up with the newest patch, but I’m holding out hope that we won’t be waiting for much longer.

5 Likes

Oh, dear. Not getting many comments here lately. Could it be that too many people have left the game? I know that many of our original crew of regulars on this thread have moved to greener pastures. Or, at least, they said they did. I’m not the type to stalk them and find out what they’re up to.

It’s a shame that Blizzard has ignored our pleas for so long that many have just plain given up. Now, I know our particular issue isn’t the only reason folks have left the game, but I also know that healthy guilds incentivize players to stay. You would think that guilds would have a higher priority with Blizz. But no, changing (almost) bare-naked ladies to fruit is more important.

2 Likes