How do we message community council members

Use carrier pigeon.

Um, WoW’s literal history of game expansions and patch tests would disagree with you.

Blizzard has only once chosen to partially alter a quest chain ever.

Mists of Pandaria and Varian becoming the High King of the Alliance.

They literally changed it to Tyrande, a 10,000+ year combat veteran, charging directly at an enemy fortified position, because Varian was getting raked over the coals story wise.

Gee, it’s like the narrative angle of, “The Hero’s Journey,” might require some coal raking level story development to feel like he would be safely invested as said story in game required for him to become the Alliance’s High King.

That is the one and only single story patch change I am aware of in WoW’s history.

If the Community Council and the secret forum are anything like Blizzard’s “listening” to player feedback from the PTR during patch and expansion PTR builds?

WoW and we are doomed.

1 Like

You could always wish in one hand and crap in the other. See which one fills up first…

1 Like

Disagree with me? With what? My assertion that just because a thing went a certain way one time, or even several times, does not immediately mean that it will happen that way every time afterwards?

That’s just basic logic.

That said though, if you weren’t skeptical I would certainly think you might be a little gullible.

That should not stop you from hoping for the best and giving it a shot here. The stakes are not that high so if it turns out that it works out the same way all over again then you don’t really lose anything in the end result. Stuff just stays the same.

1 Like

Ha! Lowly plebs like ourselves will never be allowed anywhere near their council, let alone have our ideas delivered upon golden platters to the great developers of Warcraft.

2 Likes

Maybe this is the only way to contact them; if so;
@ Letholas
I would like to see the return of the original glyph system in its entirety.
It had a great UI and the selection of glyphs was far superior in all aspects.
I would also have it use destructible glyphs as well to ensure repeated business for inscription.

I would like to see the return of the original granular guild controls as laid out in this thread.
The new Guild UI and Permissions…yikes

I would also like to see a return to getting flight at max, either for gold, as the way it used to work, or with a pathfinder achievement that is obtainable without any time gates.
Or even a combination of the two.

3 Likes

I am STILL trying to ask Blizzard to listen and please be willing to at least entertain a different idea before they just ramrod their own onto the PTR and not change content save once.

The problem is that Blizzard is REALLY GOOD at choosing to ignore the players because for Blizzard, “The customer is always right,” does not exist.

Blizzard considers its Vision both sacred and not to be tampered with in game.

Well, after Shadowlands even they likely won’t admit that they made a mistake.

Still, for the love of WoW, I made a new thread to try and convey to them that the untapped potential of WoW is so much greater than even Blizzard sees right now.

I’m convinced it won’t work, however I just seem to love the game that much.

best we can do is title it appropriately and maybe one of them will grace us with their presence.

I think that some developers look at game development and story progression as an art form and in that they are the creators of that art.

As someone who writes music I can tell you exactly what I would say if you were asking me to change my art to better suit your tastes. I’d be polite, but I wouldn’t give an inch.

Perhaps that is how the developers sometimes feel, or at least that is always how I have thought of it.

That isn’t to say that you don’t have some good ideas or anything, I would have to read your topic to make any comments on that, but I guess I just don’t look at the developers and think that they should design any way other than the way they want.

If I don’t like it, I walk. No big deal. There are other games out there and that is despite over a decade of investment into WoW from me.

Nor should it in my opinion. The customer is not always right nor should they think that they are.

8 Likes

There’s a trick twist to that statement.

“The customer is always right,” basically means they should only be right when they need to be, however it’s on the business to sell the customer on the idea that it was their right idea to begin with first.

Basically, the business must sell the customer their ideas as the customers.

And if done right and convincingly, the customer will get both what they need AND want due to this being done right.

You just make a thread asking the council to speak on your behalf. They visit such threads.

1 Like

I think most do. I highly doubt most developers twirl their mustache at their place of work in the drawing board saying “how can we prey upon our players and coerce them into giving us more money”

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with that, but there are lines that are definitely not to be crossed.

Not every interaction with a customer needs to have a happy conclusion to both the parties involved.

Sometimes you need to tell the customers who cross those lines exactly what they need to hear - “take your money, get out of my store, and don’t come back.”

Any person here who has ever worked in any form of customer service has one of those stories about one of those customers.

2 Likes

True.

the issue is that without tact it’s also possible to lose a customer instead of seeing if it’s possible to turn the situation around and talk said customer into being a valued client.

Look, I realize that Blizzard is not great at customer handling. The word you’re looking to add that most are as well and not typing, myself included, is potential customer.

The trick in the business world is to turn as many potential customers as one can into customers.

Nope! They can speak for us but we can’t interact with them. :confused:

1 Like

I’ve seen a few well thought threads that have had CC responses.

Nothing is guaranteed, but if you have something that you think they should pass on it can’t hurt to try.:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Appreciate your optimism. :heart::sparkles:

1 Like

I don’t hope for anything, which allows me to be pleasantly surprised once in a while.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You just did! When you link a thread made by a person, it sends a forum system message telling that someone linked to it. It alerts them to come and see, if they wish.

Another way to do that is to link an individual post, not just a thread.

You can also quote what someone says using the forum quote system in threads you can reply to. That will also alert them, as does replying. It is the same as the alert you get when I reply to you here. Up by your avatar in the top right.

So, you did exactly what you wanted :slight_smile:

Hopefully the Council threads to encourage folks to make threads here in GD, or other forums, to discuss the things on the Council page.

See above :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am not disagreeing with that but I guess what I am saying is that there are some people that are not worth being your customer and they should not be pandered to in any way shape or form.

Especially those who hold the customer is always right mantra as an absolute truth.

2 Likes