The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

Slapped a heart on it too. Rai put another comment down around 48, we can all tag that one as well.

3 Likes

Upvoted! 3rd spot very nice Ven, hard to see how they can ignore that one. Make it know everyone , tell your guildies , tell your trade chats, tell them to give it an upvote!

3 Likes

I don’t suppose anybody’s had a chance to logon and check to see, if by some miracle beyond hope, that they stealth-fixed the issue today?

/wishfulthinking

2 Likes

The first thing I did was check for changes, there are none sadly.

4 Likes

Honestly wasn’t expecting any at this point because they would surely have mentioned it in the patch notes. Though, I confess it would be all right with me if they fixed it without saying anything.

Any time now, Blizz. Any time.

3 Likes

Found this blue post on the Q and A page:

3 Likes

Thank you. I was super confused by that. They managed to get Tuesday, 13, and 14 in there, so it’s good to know the accurate day!

2 Likes

Time to dig into the 80’s again.

Ooh, Blizzard, do you know what WoW’s worth?
Now our guild controls are just the worst
They say in Warcraft, players come first
But you made guild controls the worst on earth.
Now our guild controls are just the worst.

In two thousand four,
We all logged on and prepared for war.
And we played with friends, while we made jokes
in the old barrens.

Then you walked into the room
You made a patch and sent us doom,
And we’re suffering in the gloom
And you kill our guilds, with a loud ‘kaboom’

When I need Fumel, I post in here
and see she is well
'Cause we’re so confused, you say nothing
And we feel abused.

Here we are just wanting Ythisens,
To let us know when this madness ends,
Blizzard, we were afraid before
But now we’re mad, what’s in store?

Just from me, Fumel, and Druunah,
Your response smells like rotten tuna
Blizzard, we were afraid before
But now we’re mad, what’s in store?

Now our guild controls are just the worst…

4 Likes

This thread has been up 148 days, still nothing. Keep up the good work.

12 Likes

How can they not have an answer to just “will this be changed or not?” yet? We don’t need all the details of a change, but surely someone can say there is a change in the works or that it is set in stone. You either plan to change it or leave it as-is, which is it?

6 Likes

This has crippled guilds. Please fix it.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but I can’t be the only one who thinks the ‘update’ causing the Cross-RP addon to cease functionality within the ‘communities’ feature is hilarious.

Seriously, the implementation and functionality of ‘communities’ is where this all begins.

Several levels of failure here, Bliz.
And where are we going with it all? Inquiring minds want to know.

3 Likes

Okay. I got desperate.

Today, I bought ATVI Stock.
Means I’m a shareholder.
Means I own a part of the company, however miniscule.

Means as a superminority owner, I want you to update me on the progress of this issue and I expect a TPS report with an appropriate coversheet ON MY DESK BY FRIDAY.

8 Likes

The best part is that events completely ignore guild ranks. Want to mass invite people at member and above to a raid? It fills alts in.

3 Likes

Also, guild permissions for bank tabs is super broken. Have it set so any rank can deposit items in tabs. Doesn’t work.

4 Likes

Well, something I noticed yesterday on my main and confirmed it on this character. The ability to instantly see at a glance when guild members last logged on has been removed. Again. You have to click the names now and look at the pop up.

So, good job, Blizz. You not only didn’t fix anything, you broke it further. :roll_eyes:

On a side note, I just realized one of my few guildies was missing. Well, not really a “guildie” since it’s an alt of mine. But she wasn’t showing on my roster. So I looked at various things, including the log. Somehow, my alt left the guild without my assistance. How’s that for weird?

I logged onto her, and sure enough, no guild. It’s an easy fix, but it makes me wonder if other people have lost guild members and assumed they /gquit while the member assumed they’d been kicked.

8 Likes

Well 8.1 came its starting to become obvious they do not give a fling F about this and the broken community launch…

4 Likes

I actually thought it was me… I couldn’t find it last night either. This is annoying AF… You need to see this, and sort by it, so you can purge the players that don’t play anymore.

4 Likes

Aug 6th…

9 Likes

I had hopes the inability to see last logged in times was a bug that would be fixed with this morning’s maintenance. Alas, that was not the case.

I still hope it’s a bug. After all this time posting and hoping for a change to the guild UI (specifically all the permissions being lumped under the “is officer” designation), it would be horrible for this to be Blizz’s only response.

6 Likes