The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

Yeah this is a very no-bueno change. I'd be okay if at LEAST Officer Chat was moved down to a selectable position like invitiations and the like. But giving every officer, even *subofficers* stuff like deleting guild events, and removing people from voice chat just seems like a bit much to give out without considering it for each tier of officer.

Yes, please fix this.
1 Like
This is not ok.

Some people like having levels of access for officers and senior officers.
1 Like
Why change what isn't broken?
1 Like
07/19/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Osiris
07/19/2018 04:49 AMPosted by Côhêêd
Still No Blue Post?

RIP

Dev Q&A in a few hours - still holding out hope they might address it.

They didn't answer. They seem to have no reason I guess? They just wanted to make running guilds harder for us for the lulz.

Also, Which of you asked for sort by achievements to replace sort by last online?
1 Like
07/18/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Mathrenas
To add my own comment, as Blizzard has stated that they read every thread to completion, I will try to keep a level head while I state this.

I am disappointed.

In an effort to give players more interactivity between their friends, their guilds, their actual communities, we have jumped back to the Stone Age of communications. In an effort to compete with interactive mediums such as Discord, they have removed so much that makes a community a community.

Not every situation warrants a blanket of interactivity.

Off the top of my head I can think of:
  • Guild Leader
  • Co-Founder
  • Officer
  • Community Officer
  • Class Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Trial
  • Out of Character rank
  • Temporary Silenced
  • A Class Officer, who's sole role inside a guild is to provide incite to those of the same class as them and help them strive to be better at their role, does not deserve nor need the same privileges as an actual Officer. A Guest isn't the same as a Trial, nor the same as an Out of Character rank. A Guild Leader and a Co-Founder should have roughly the same privileges, without being on the same level as another officer.

This change is terrible. There is no sugar-coating, tip-toeing, no amount of light-weight treading that will let you know that this is a bad change to a feature that keeps guilds being guilds.

Not every guild is for every person. Not every guild should conform to every person and not every person should conform to every guild.

People don't need their hands held where this is concerned. People want to be able to form a family online, to interact with, to play with, and if someone disrupts that... They don't need to be there.

Please revert this change. Please.

Watch out as the white knights will come and say it's all good and that they're enjoying the game.
    2 Likes
    07/19/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Moxironwolf
    change it back, change it back! I'm on a RP server, and with my guild, goblins mainly, /o is used as our In-character 'radio chatter' (/g is for out-of-character) but with this... not sure what to do short of starting up another chat channel, which means letting all the new people know "hey, join this chat channel" or something which is just clunky and bothersome.

And I know my guild isn't the only one. This seems like a needless change that just A: robs my guild of some of it's interaction
    and B: just causes confusion and means giving even the newest members who are untested and haven't yet earned the trust (pretty much starter ranks) positiions of power that they don't need.

This is a prime example of "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". The changes to the UI seem to be about the same but at least those I can get used to in time and don't seem to negatively effect anything in my gameplay experience.

There -is- a way in guild ui currently to make an additional channel in your guild, which is nice for this case with RP. However, you have to remind people to go turn that channel on - but again there's still no way outside of "is moderator" to limit said channel to certain ranks or anything.

Regardless though of that said, adding people to /o without giving them all the rights in the world would be more beneficial than what Blizzard implemented most recently. I have leads that are only for just that - leads. They don't manage members, they don't edit officer notes, guild info, they just lead and need access in /o so they can have some guidance without the mass of guild chat conversations in /g. I can't do that now with the current permissions.

Never mind the fact that when this stuff was implemented on Tuesday, any rank that had a (what is now called) "is officer" permission, was provided "is officer" permissions. So if your rank only had "edit public notes", they were changed to "is officer". Though that too was buggy because even when I added "is officer" to a rank much later after fixing this mess, they couldn't even see the "only moderator" channel that was /o.
    1 Like
    whoever did this should be straight up fired.
    3 Likes
    This is super scary for a lot of guilds. Role-play guilds especially. Many permissions are now locked behind this "Officer" super permission. Not being able to create guild events? Not being able to read officer notes? Not being able to give access to the officer channel? These are vital things.

With the new communities tab, we can alleviate some of this by making new channels, but that's only one issue out of the whole bucket. I've been fairly happy with things this pre-patch except this catastrophe.

Please change it back!
    1 Like
    These changes have caused some stirring in my guild - especially the massive number of permissions locked behind this one setting. Would certainly appreciate if these permissions were split back out and able to be customized for each rank, which seems to be the general consensus.

Especially grumpy about the ability to create calendar events being locked behind this.
    1 Like
    You'll get used to it™.
    1 Like
    07/19/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Razaghar
    Especially grumpy about the ability to create calendar events being locked behind this.

right?!?!!? Like we have to parent our little bitty guild members now instead of empowering them.
    No reason for this change. Change it back for more control Blizzard. The hell are you thinking?
    1 Like
    Agreed, change it back.

We also need a way to see guild last online status!
    2 Likes
    While the idea was kind of neat and kind of interesting it now feels more limited as a result with these UI changes. I'd love to have it changed back, plus now it's just wider and covers up more of your screen. Yikes.
    1 Like
    I agree, step backwards type change.

I don't want ANY of my officers to be able to edit the GMotD, so I guess nobody can be an officer now unless it's an alt of mine.
    2 Likes
    This idea was very poorly thought out. I see absolutely no positives that comes from this. This takes away creativity and power from guilds to have their own set up, and impacts RP guilds the heaviest.

Allowing our members to set notes and create events frees up time for us. This will severely effect our ranks and our ability to operate efficiently if this goes through.

Please reverse this change, this is disastrous for guilds.
    2 Likes
    07/17/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Arkean
    Whose bright idea was to lump all these permissions under a single check box?

https://i.imgur.com/v7WlrcH.png

Now to give someone access to officer chat, or give them the ability to set their own public note, I have to give them the ability to delete people's messages, calendar events, notes, gmotd, kick people from voice chat, etc.

Thanks for taking more control away from the players....in favor for watered down solutions.

[Edit] for those not aware - you were previously able to control all these things individually, per rank.

WHO THE $%^& THOUGHT THAT THIS WOULD BE A "GOOD IDEA?!"

AS A GUILD MASTER I AM TICKED OFF!!!

THIS IS GOING TO DESTROY OUR ENTIRE GUILD STRUCTURE!!!!

SERIOUSLY BLIZZARD, OF ALL THE THINGS THAT WERE NOT BROKEN, THIS WAS ONE THAT WAS FINE!

I am caught up.....I am surprised that there has not been a BLUE response yet. Something tells me that they are trying to decide whether to weather this out or find out if this is something that we are not going to let go (like flying). And (like flying) it may take multiple threads to fix this.

--
    (non guild UI below)
    I also want an option to use the Classic UI that we had been using for the past 14 years. The new one is lopsided and annoying and for the first time ever I am looking into a UI addon.

Please give us an option to use the UI that we were using up to July 16, 2018.
    1 Like
    Another missing feature that a lot of guilds use that is now missing on the permission tab:

You can no longer keep a rank out of chat anymore. So if you guild leaders had a setup that was with a rank where they were still members but couldn't talk in /g - that's no longer an option anymore.

Thank you Mirrass of ThoBro for pointing that out on another thread.
    2 Likes
    Dude, seriously. What the hell?
    1 Like
    Bump, because I have nothing to say here that hasn't been said 100 times already.
    1 Like