The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

This was such an unnecessary change. The old guild UI was fine. It worked perfectly for most guilds. The new changes are a major issue for RP guilds as it leaves us limited to using guild chat for both IC and OOC speech. That's to say nothing about the changes to permissions.
1 Like
Making events is now a nightmare. And for a guild that thrives on making multiple events a week, this is a problem. If you want to keep your fancy new guild tab, that's one thing, but please restore permissions to how they worked before. I can't think of a single good reason why this needed to be changed. Who was this for? Who has it helped?

Then again no one liked the GCD change, but that went through anyway.... ugh.
1 Like
are there any good addons that can replace this piece of !@#$?
2 Likes
I don't care for the new guild UI.

Please put "last online" back in. The old one was obscure enough. We need more info if anything, not less.
1 Like
07/18/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Xakopane
07/18/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Loendor

Because giving someone the access to edit public notes allows them to change literally everyone's public notes. Clearly you've never had to fix an entire roster of profane public notes. Add that to the notion that there's absolutely no audit history for seeing who did it and you have the perfect troll permission.

I have not had any issues with people changing others' public notes so allowing permission to let players alter public notes wasn't a problem.

I do agree having a permission setting allowing players to change their own public note (and only theirs) would be terrific.

My comment about why now have two notes was not articulated fully. Before, one note was for the player, the other for the officers. Now since both can only be changed by an officer, one has lost function.

Just because one does experience the issue doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've never been too bothered about the permissions surrounding notes--maybe I've just gotten used to asking an officer to update it for me? But it is still another example of taking away options for no visible benefit that I can see.
1 Like
I can only assume that the entire UI was rebuilt from the ground up and they were trying to get it out in time for launch which is why it's missing some options. I'm sure if we just list the things it's missing they'll be re-added eventually or we'll get a nice blue post as to why they were removed.

I hope they do get re-added back because having less control over the guild and who can do what seems counter-productive.
1 Like
07/19/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Neoanimus
I can only assume that the entire UI was rebuilt from the ground up and they were trying to get it out in time for launch which is why it's missing some options. I'm sure if we just list the things it's missing they'll be re-added eventually or we'll get a nice blue post as to why they were removed.

I hope they do get re-added back because having less control over the guild and who can do what seems counter-productive.

With the issues they've had, I would assume that everything will be restored as they get to it. Guilds are to have the exact same additions to the feature set as Communities as far as they've stated. There had not been any mention of feature removal.

We can help bump it up, however. I hope everyone concerned has placed a polite, specific bug report, and exhorted their guild members to do the same over issues they can experience.
1 Like
I also think that these changes are primarily non-helpful, and make guild leadership's jobs infinitely more difficult.

Edit: cross posting isn't allowed, and i'm removing what I wrote.
1 Like
Fly by night devs, who want to leave their mark on the game.
1 Like
07/19/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Zyrani
Bump, because I have nothing to say here that hasn't been said 100 times already.

Bump for the same effing reason.
1 Like
07/19/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Vokur
This idea was very poorly thought out. I see absolutely no positives that comes from this. This takes away creativity and power from guilds to have their own set up, and impacts RP guilds the heaviest.

Allowing our members to set notes and create events frees up time for us. This will severely effect our ranks and our ability to operate efficiently if this goes through.

Please reverse this change, this is disastrous for guilds.

I'm setting up the addon guild roster manager. They broke our ic channel thing too. I've been running this guild since Cata and I've never had to do so much guild management work because of something blizzard did before. All of our members could create RP events, now or my officers must log on and do it for them because apparently blizzard thinks our guildmates are children.
1 Like
07/19/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Chievavore
Fly by night devs, who want to leave their mark on the game.

It surely can not be because they asked any guild leaders what they thought.

07/19/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Neoanimus

This is why I am HOPING that is a bug.
1 Like
07/19/2018 04:30 PMPosted by Mezilrin

I'm setting up the addon guild roster manager. They broke our ic channel thing too. I've been running this guild since Cata and I've never had to do so much guild management work because of something blizzard did before. All of our members could create RP events, now or my officers must log on and do it for them because apparently blizzard thinks our guildmates are children.

We run GRM ourselves (have for awhile), and it is constantly getting new features added as it goes - would recommend that addon myself.
1 Like
This is a dumb change like everyone has said, not a fan. Change it back!
1 Like
This decision put a halt to RP guilds until they fix it.

Everyone who has a problem with this needs to file a bug report. Because this is blatantly a bug in the system. There is no rational reason to make this change. If it's a problem with UI, maybe the permissions were too much to handle on the game? Then come out and say it, stop leaving us in the dust on these ninja changes.
1 Like
While I would like to see the guild UI improved and updated removing options or just lumping them all together for one rank isn't an improvement.

I'm hoping this is just some painful progress we'll be able to look back on and remember how bad it was at launch but now it's great.

The guild UI needs to be modernized but not gutted.
1 Like
07/17/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Kaiyeri
07/17/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Xiata
I guess they figure an officer should be someone you trust with these sorts of things.
And a lot of us used officer chat for our RP chat, not for officers. Or we'd have different levels of officers.

Why the hell would they take away options??

We have been asking this question since May 2015.
2 Likes
07/19/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Telsey
Everyone who has a problem with this needs to file a bug report.
Suggestion would be a better idea. This isn't a bug that I've seen listed in the known issues.
2 Likes
07/19/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Mythox
07/19/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Telsey
Everyone who has a problem with this needs to file a bug report.
Suggestion would be a better idea. This isn't a bug that I've seen listed in the known issues.

I placed in a ticket in game/support - they told me to proceed to ask it on the forums or Twitter. So from the looks of what forums I have access to, that leaves me with: General and Bug Report.
07/19/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Calathiel
I placed in a ticket in game/support - they told me to proceed to ask it on the forums or Twitter. So from the looks of what forums I have access to, that leaves me with: General and Bug Report.
General is the correct place.