The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

08/06/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Ythisens
Extended the cap once more on this one!

As you can imagine we're aware of this thread but don't have anything to share at this time but just wanted to say thanks for the continued feedback on this one. As soon as we have something to share we will post that for you guys.

Maybe you can share by calling out the blizzard employee who approved this change and ask them to come here and defend this change and why they "thought" it was necessary?

As you can imagine we're aware of this thread but don't have anything to share at this time but just wanted to say thanks for the continued feedback on this one. As soon as we have something to share we will post that for you guys.
Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

08/06/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Mingz
Maybe you can share by calling out the blizzard employee who approved this change and ask them to come here and defend this change and why they "thought" it was necessary?
What in the world would this accomplish? Do you just want a punching bag? Seriously, let's not get into harassment, okay?

Focus on a fix. That should be the goal.
08/06/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Sifting
love how you guys broke this without even asking the playerbase if it was a needed fix
Bingo. Making changes no one asked for nor asking us if we want something different.
08/06/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Venjin

All-star!
Look how satisfied the community can be just knowing they aren't preaching into the darkness and the development team is actually aware of the concerns and acknowledge it.

Ythisens is doing a good job to at least show Blue presence on these forums.
Down with the man!! I agree with items 1-4 on greens post. The other stuff is fluff.
1 Like
just remember options are those things you think you want but really dont
08/06/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Keiralynn
Thank you for seeing my other thread and helping to keep the main one open. Thank you also for the acknowledgement of this post and letting us know that we have been heard and not forgotten about. I look forward to hearing from you again once you have something to share with us.

This. Thank you!
I don't intend on reading 52 pages, but I'd like to express my concern for the changes to GL-managed permissions. Please revert and incorporate new functionality more diversely than "is officer." The change cripples our ability to manage our guild ranks accordingly.

Sincerely,
Leucie
08/06/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Fumel

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

08/06/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Mingz
What in the world would this accomplish? Do you just want a punching bag? Seriously, let's not get into harassment, okay?

Focus on a fix. That should be the goal.

At some point the person that approves something like this needs to be held accountable and stand up and admit their mistake. I know this is not the way it happens with blizzard, they never admit their mistake, just "we learned lots this xpac."

For once, it would be nice to have someone own up to their mistake and not call it a "learning process." How these people do not get fired for things this bad is beyond me.
For once, it would be nice to have someone own up to their mistake and not call it a "learning process." How these people do not get fired for things this bad is beyond me.

How does that fix the issues in this thread?

Basically I don't give a rats endpoint who caused it that is an internal issue. And I am sure that more than one person had to approve and test any changes so trying to find out "the source" is silly.

Just forget about the blame game and the anger no point.

Just revert the changes to the permissions and get into some serious thought about what else can be done to help guildmasters and guilds rather than abandon the older system for community channels.
1 Like

Appreciate this.

Just because we got a 'we hear you but don't have anything to share yet' response doesn't mean we can stop talking about this awful change.

Don't let them forget how much we hate it. Limiting for no reason, taking power away from guilds.

nothanks.jpg
1 Like
08/06/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Mingz
At some point the person that approves something like this needs to be held accountable and stand up and admit their mistake. I know this is not the way it happens with blizzard, they never admit their mistake, just "we learned lots this xpac."

Calling for blood seems harsh. This is an awful and shortsighted change, but it's not like guilds were broken up and scattered to the winds.

The game functions, guilds haven't fallen apart over this as far as I know.

Revert/change? Yes. Fire/tank someone's career? No.
I just cannot fathom that anyone working for Blizzard thought it would make sense to have to give someone permission to kick whoever they please and delete messages from gchat to be able to set their own guild note.

Surely this is not what they wanted. And yet, if it's not what they wanted, why did they do it? Did they not even consider the endless list of consequences a change like this would have? How is that possible?
08/06/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Zumas

Calling for blood seems harsh. This is an awful and shortsighted change, but it's not like guilds were broken up and scattered to the winds.

Calling for blood is both harsh and unrealistic from the consumers point of view. The consumer just wants the changes corrected. Calling out the stakeholder/coder/management/executive who signed off on this change to come to the forums does nothing. What would you do if he got here and defended his change? Yell at him? How constructive is that? I will answer it for you it isn't constructive.

Reverting the change to guild permission granularity is what is needed and wanted by those of us in this thread who are clamoring for that.

Firing someone isn't what we want nor is it something we could reasonably ask for even if we did want it. That is a Blizzard and a Blizzard ONLY decision and has to be based on acceptable reasons for termination like willful misconduct or poor job performance.

Even if we COULD get the person fired would that help our plight at all? No. It would only mean someone else would need to be hired and trained before a change could be made. Firing someone prior to the change to guild permissions being reverted would only be cutting off our nose to spite our faces. It is the request of one who is frustrated with the status quo and can think of no better way to resolve it than what amounts to a witch hunt.
08/06/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Æthelwulf

Calling for blood is both harsh and unrealistic from the consumers point of view. The consumer just wants the changes corrected. Calling out the stakeholder/coder/management/executive who signed off on this change to come to the forums does nothing. What would you do if he got here and defended his change? Yell at him? How constructive is that? I will answer it for you it isn't constructive.

Reverting the change to guild permission granularity is what is needed and wanted by those of us in this thread who are clamoring for that.

Firing someone isn't what we want nor is it something we could reasonably ask for even if we did want it. That is a Blizzard and a Blizzard ONLY decision and has to be based on acceptable reasons for termination like willful misconduct or poor job performance.

Even if we COULD get the person fired would that help our plight at all? No. It would only mean someone else would need to be hired and trained before a change could be made. Firing someone prior to the change to guild permissions being reverted would only be cutting off our nose to spite our faces. It is the request of one who is frustrated with the status quo and can think of no better way to resolve it than what amounts to a witch hunt.

Agreed.

Fix the permission changes - revert back to the original settings.

And if you want to fix anything else while you are working on it this thread has given more than one suggestion. Plus there are a bunch of bugs that need to be fixed with the current Community Ui as implemented as well.
Not sure i understand the purpose in having 4 separate tabs. I really feel the first 2 tabs could be combined. If you use the chat tab you don't know where your guilds players are so you dont know whos available and whos not. You then have to go to the roster tab to see guilds locations but you cant chat there? So its a constant tabbing back in forth between tabs. Some may say you can just use the normal chat boss while being on the roster tab. In this case whats the use of the Chat tab in the first place?

I disagree.

Changes like this go to show just how far out of reach many of these developers are from the community. We need developers and shot callers who actually take what the community wants and needs into consideration, or at least understands the community a little bit. I know Blizzard cannot please everyone and I also understand that players don't develop the game (thank god) but some of these changes, like this one, are completely retarded. Not once have I seen anyone ever bring up the argument that guild masters need less control over their guild, I have only seen people speak out for more guild control, permissions, and customization.

Changes like this make it hard to believe that many of the developers actually play their own game.

Edit: While I wouldn't call out for developers to be fired over the forum since I will just catch another suspension, I do hope that one day we get some developers who seem to care as much as some of the old developers.

Looking forward to this! Hopefully it is soon and not blizzard soon tm :D
I'll just add to this by agreeing that the new permissions are silly and take away a lot of control and would also like the amount of control provided with the old system.

How?! How can you have nothing to share at this time? After all this feedback of people hating it? Stop doing things that literally nobody asked for.