The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

Just noticed Tuesday's patch notes came out not one word about this issue.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21973195#1

They fixed guild achievements issue with first aid however.

I honestly do not understand the people in charge of Blizzard's public relations right now I mean you have a huge subset of you users who basically are in charge of a greater subset of players upset over the fact their "jobs" got harder.

A job which we do for free and basically keep their player base happy while doing so. Guild Masters and Officers are the people who make runs and form communities for Blizzard and not once - NEVER - has there been any reward for us.

Its a job we do because its an aspect of the game we enjoy. Sadly, it seems we don't deserve even a simple blue response saying that they will be looking at the issue.

I am grateful to the MVP's who are part of the community/playerbase and have responded to this matter and I hope they treat you better than they are treating us at the moment.

Again I understand they have a lot on their plate with the expansion coming in two weeks, but honestly we told them about this issue in beta, in ptr and now in live before the expansion.

Something should have been done there is still time before the expansion and more players come back and more issues arrive.

Please revert the permission changes Blizzard start with that, then you can fix all the Community UI bugs you introduced.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/07/30/wow-guild-and-communities-tab-not-helpful-to-the-overall-community/
Posted the following to twitter:

"I see that you fixed the XP issues hopefully the Guild Permissions issue that was caused by "IsOfficer" the one-size-fits-all permission is next, thank you! Over 800 posts, 40 pages of asking for a revert no official blizzard response yet: https://blizz.ly/2KdK08y"

Not sure if they will respond sent it to:

@BlizzardCS
@Blizzard_Ent
@Muffinus
@WarcraftDevs
@WatcherDev
@mikemorhaime

Blizzard asked to keep them in the loop and use Twitter to keep them informed of problems so I am doing so as a responsible consumer.

I was thinking that if you have a twitter account you can also ask any of your streamer friends to ask for some help regarding this, a simple response from Blizzard saying they are looking into the matter directly would be nice.
This thread has been linked in a Blizzard Watch article about guilds and communities, published today.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/07/30/wow-guild-and-communities-tab-not-helpful-to-the-overall-community
Can we get an update or anything please?
Please revert this change, we want the flexibility we had in guild ranks.
07/30/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Tarayn

Hopefully this gets reverted really soon. I'd like to point out to any Blues reading this that time is running out. We're still in a bit of downtime right now, but for a lot of guilds, a week before launch and on into BFA is when guild activity, recruiting, and calendar events will really get into full swing. If guild permissions are in the same shape a week from now (or at worst on launch day), things will get really ugly.

Please give us some feedback on what's going on. The clock is ticking.

Daily bump.

13 days left. Will be horrible to try to start the expansion with recruiting and events under these conditions. Clock is still ticking...
bump to page 1 by a unhappy GM
07/31/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Greenstone
Blizzard asked to keep them in the loop and use Twitter to keep them informed of problems so I am doing so as a responsible consumer.
It's not our job to reach out to them. They should be reaching out to us. Insane how they don't have someone looking and responding to complaints on the official game forums.

Not a happy GM atm and haven't been happy for quite some time due to blizzard.
Depressing thing is, at this point if they change the permissions back I may or may not be a GM again. Today's story revelations were harsh and unforgiving to the playerbase. It really, really stinks. But this still needs to be on the first page.
07/31/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Buliss
Depressing thing is, at this point if they change the permissions back I may or may not be a GM again. Today's story revelations were harsh and unforgiving to the playerbase. It really, really stinks. But this still needs to be on the first page.

"story revelations" were fine.... As far as this thread being on the first page it would be nice if it wasn't getting spammed with people complaining about blizzard not answering us, or quoting week old post in the thread and simply going daily bumb, REVERT. I get that permissions is a hot issue but it would also be nice if people thought bigger about this thread instead of making it a redundant bump after bump thread. The first 30 pages or so were constructive after the blue responded it stopped being constructive in my opinion
07/31/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Carthorinn
07/31/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Buliss

"story revelations" were fine.... As far as this thread being on the first page it would be nice if it wasn't getting spammed with people complaining about blizzard not answering us, or quoting week old post in the thread and simply going daily bumb, REVERT. I get that permissions is a hot issue but it would also be nice if people thought bigger about this thread instead of making it a redundant bump after bump thread. The first 30 pages or so were constructive after the blue responded it stopped being constructive in my opinion

I think it has come down to everyone has given their ideas and have no others to contribute at this point. So it is all now about keeping this post up where people who can do something about it can see it. I know I threw out ideas, you have, Green has, and many others have. We could stop the needless and empty bumping but then it would be buried and lost thread. Most of the people coming to the thread this late in the game may not have a whole lot to add cause a lot has been covered previously. So I am unsure of what to do here outside of bumping to keep it relevant.
07/31/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Keiralynn
I think it has come down to everyone has given their ideas and have no others to contribute at this point. So it is all now about keeping this post up where people who can do something about it can see it. I know I threw out ideas, you have, Green has, and many others have. We could stop the needless and empty bumping but then it would be buried and lost thread. Most of the people coming to the thread this late in the game may not have a whole lot to add cause a lot has been covered previously. So I am unsure of what to do here outside of bumping to keep it relevant.

I agree I basically have tried every way I can to state how important this subject is gave ideas, showed bugs so on. I have put posts in different media areas as well made bug reports so on.

The only thing we can do now keep asking them to revert the permission changes as soon as possible since its a problem which will hurt the command structure of many guilds.
07/31/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Carthorinn

I hear you and I understand that point but if there are 10 pages of just bumps than people aren't going to read the thread LOL
07/31/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Carthorinn

I hear you and I understand that point but if there are 10 pages of just bumps than people aren't going to read the thread LOL

we're tired of blizzard being dishonest and lazy. At this point there's no way they hadn't seen this thread and there's no way they don't know they broke guilds. They're just being "We have money no one will ever leave us" except that doesn't work that way, because MMOS DO FALL. Keep up this kind of PR behavior, not just for this thread but for the others with very real problems, and WoW will become the next museum piece.
43 pages and no Blizz response other than to just increase the limit of pages. Truely sad. Wow is dying.
I really don't like the guild UI. Just signing the page to let ya'll know. Right now you're probably really busy with fixing leveling and the squish before BFA but in the future it'd be appreciated if you'd look at it and make it back to what it was or use someone else's suggestion (I don't know I didn't read all 43 pages). Still have faith in you guys!

No I'm not being a fanboy I'm respecting that they're busy and just because they haven't replied doesn't mean they're not reading. There's bigger fish to fry right now at least I hope so!
I will make a suggestion to all guild leaders.. get your entire guild to post their thoughts.. their suggestions on this thread.. I am going to be making an announcement on my guilds discord to stand up for our guild and post their thoughts, suggestions on the new guild system.. everyone needs to stand up against these changes to have our guild control restored.. good luck.. here is hoping we can all band together
07/31/2018 02:00 PMPosted by Darkpunisher
I will make a suggestion to all guild leaders.. get your entire guild to post their thoughts.. their suggestions on this thread.. I am going to be making an announcement on my guilds discord to stand up for our guild and post their thoughts, suggestions on the new guild system.. everyone needs to stand up against these changes to have our guild control restored.. good luck.. here is hoping we can all band together

Interesting idea as I've only ever really looked at it from a guild management perspective. They could potentially have different ideas/needs I never thought to cover.
Please restore the guild rank controls to their previous (Pre-Patch) state.

Thank you.
Bump

Since Ythisens thinks dealing out burns to people that insult the cutscene art quality is more important than addressing this issue, I think we all need a reminder that it exists.