The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

Posting again just because, you know, the permissions fix hasn’t shown up yet.

(The worst part is, I’m posting this without bothering to log in and check, and yet I know I’m right.)

3 Likes

Sigh

Of course, with Diablo launching, we can’t expect anything to happen with this.

Doesn’t mean I can’t keep hoping.

4 Likes

Uh oh. Comments are slowing down. Have to think of something controversial to liven things up again.

Hmm. :thinking:

I mean, it’s not like there’s really a big controversy over the permissions. Most folks aren’t GM’s so they figure not having granular permissions doesn’t affect them. Some people simply can’t see the bigger picture that more options are always a better thing, even if those options don’t mean anything to them personally. And there are still others who don’t understand how guilds help the game.

All of these points have been addressed ad infinitum in this thread, so there’s really not much I can say. Which is probably also why not many folks are commenting any more. But I’m not going to let this thread go gently into that good night.

Fix the permissions, Blizz.

3 Likes

If you bump a thread that’s two years old, Blizz gives you a slap on the wrist.

This thread is approaching 5 years old.

1 Like

Not really a bump if the conversation is ongoing. I mean, this thread has been more-or-less active since it began. The longest lapses are 3 or 4 days at most.

Not that it makes any difference. Blizz has this thread on their ignore list. We could pretty much break all the forum “rules” in it and nothing would happen.

3 Likes

That’s not how this works and Blizz has been extending the lockout on it.

The permissions are still very much an issue to many of us and will continue to be.

2 Likes

If the thread had been dormant for a couple years, and was then bumped, you’d have a point. This thread has never died, so there’s really nothing to ‘necro’.

If you aren’t interested in the topic and don’t wish to participate, that’s perfectly fine. But you don’t need to come in playing hall monitor.

7 Likes

What is dead may never die!

3 Likes

Be right back, breaking the Geneva convention in this thread as well as committing heinous crimes against life and mother nature itself!

4 Likes

Hey now, leave mother nature out of it

3 Likes

Nah. I love it when folks come in and post something. Anything. Fumel asked for controversy and Dan stepped up to the plate. More power to him. :+1:

2 Likes

It’s not wise to fool with Mother Nature.

2 Likes

Agreed, so you should say that Herné over there who is talking about committing crimes against her.

1 Like

I remember those commercials…

1 Like

Just noticed they removed the /groster workaround?! Actively blocking us from using helpful old tools now. Depressing

4 Likes

Yep. I am not a happy failed dragon experiment.

:dracthyr_cry_animated:

2 Likes

Yeah. Che mentioned it earlier:

Bummed me out for sure. Can’t fix our problem, but they can go ahead and make things worse. :+1:

7 Likes

Anyone have any expectations for a fix with the next patch?
Yeah, didn’t think so.

2 Likes

You have to remember they’re powerless to help you in that one specific way…

2 Likes

Perhaps there will be a surprise Father’s Day patch that restores permissions…

2 Likes