The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

The me named “Kevin” gets very excited near big red buttons that say: “DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON!!”…

3 Likes

I see there was a round of 10.1 related interviews that released today… Surely one of them covered this age old issue…

right?

4 Likes

Didn’t someone just interview Ion, why didn’t they ask him to remember this? what is wrong with him 5 years later we are still here.

3 Likes

Who all is holding their breath in anticipation of our permissions finally being fixed in 10.1?

Yeah, me neither.

2 Likes

It’s no wonder people snap and lose their minds

2 Likes

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔ…ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔ

1 Like

So they add cross faction guilds and botched it so you have to be in a community or bnet friends. Even removed the /guildroster function now. But they didn’t fix this yet.

At this rate it would have literally been faster for someone to take 4 years of school and get hired by blizzards, work their way up in a year as a dev, all just to secretly fix this problem from the inside.

12 Likes

More bad news on the old Guild management interface…

The /guildroster command has been removed. It simply no longer works.

2 Likes

Crap. Fumel uses that all the time. Or did. He had a macro for it. (I haven’t been on him since the patch so I didn’t know.)

So. They don’t fix the permissions (no surprise there) but they go ahead and break something else. Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I’ll just smash something.

3 Likes

Taking away /guildroster has made it almost impossible to track last online for people now. The guild list has these weird blank spaces in it at times, odd icons next to people that push names beyond the listing, etc. I didn’t have any of that with the old listing.

They’re basically destroying guilds with these oversights and poor changes.

7 Likes

Just… wow. A chance to make things better, but nah, let’s make it worse instead. I’m not even surprised.

4 Likes

Worse and they still don’t acknowledge it or talk about it or add it to known issues list from 5 years ago. Just need 1 blue to reply and tell us WTF is going on.

8 Likes

Unforgivable.

I could tolerate a lot of the new jank because of the workaround. Now they removed the workaround without fixing the issues it was working around.

6 Likes

How’s that coming?

Edit: Oh, he got fired. :frowning:

7 Likes

There are times when I wonder if his replies to this thread are what got him axed.
“You dared reply to the Thread That Shall Be Ignored! Away with you!”

4 Likes

I am super bummed about the removal of /groster. I have a tiny guild, so tracking my members isn’t really a chore without it. But it was so NICE to be able to arrange folks by last time on. As my guild is an alt guild, I will never kick anyone just for not logging on for a year (or more). But still, the old guild UI was so much easier to use.

We no longer have our granular permissions or access to the old guild roster. Our assimilation into the Borg’s–ahem–Blizzard’s collective is complete.

4 Likes

There is an addon out that will help with that, unfortunately it looks like they fired the only person in the company who was supposed to fix this stuff from 5 years ago and they never re-assigned anyone to pick up the work. Now that there is an addon for the roster, they probably aren’t going to spend any resources after 5+ years to fix it.

3 Likes

necro thread

1 Like

Regardless of the addon, this should be built-in functionality. It has been available for the entire history of the game until 10.1 – so this is a significant loss of a feature.

3 Likes

Actually, this thread has been ongoing for the last 5 years. The longest it’s gone without a post has been 3 or 4 days. So, no, not a necro.

6 Likes