The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

There are degrees of access and trust in every organization. Don’t be silly.
I don’t give my kids access to my checkbook, but I do give them a key to the house.

6 Likes

Checking in, hoping that our requested feedback is heard, that guilds are still part of the developers’ vision for the game.

3 Likes

“…hoping that…guilds are still part of the developers’ vision for the game.”

You said it, sister. :+1:

2 Likes

Maybe they still glance at it? It hasn’t been locked for necro’ing at least. I am still in the please let me have our old perms back camp, but I have mostly given up.

3 Likes

Do they lock threads for necro that have never died? There’s only one “days later” message and it’s “4 days later”.

1 Like

I don’t know. I do know that some threads I was participating in (similar to this one) somehow disappeared. On the old forums (when they had more moderation) threads were sometimes locked because “this discussion is going nowhere.”

There seems to be far less moderation these days. As long as the thread isn’t breaking any forum rules or being a pure troll thread, they don’t seem to close them down very often. The threads just die naturally.

I realize keeping this thread up in the hope that Blizz will be convinced to do something about the permissions is fairly futile. But I do it anyway because I’m kind of stubborn that way.

3 Likes

I see we’ve gotten to the point in this where the trolls that use terms like “you people” have shown up.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking of all the great guild improvement ideas people wrote in this thread (in addition to wanting the permissions back) when Ion asked for more feedback. I don’t really want to comb through the almost 4500 replies here, so I’m going to just ask, what other things would you like seen done for guilds?

I would really like guild halls. They could be a phased building in Org/Stormwind like the Pandaria farm. And like the farm, guilds could do quests and achievements to upgrade it. I’d like it to have a customizable “leader” board that shows member accomplishments, various vendors and quest givers, basically be something like the Class Halls from Legion, but for guilds. But I’d like it to be workable for any size guild. Maybe a tiny guild like mine would take longer to upgrade things than an big. active guild, but we’d still be able to do it in time.

Aside from having the permissions broken up again, what would you all like to see done for guilds?

4 Likes

In reply, I went to my profile and scrolled through my old posts that are ‘‘recorded’’ there looking for one I made about guild halls.

I did not get to my original post that (at that time) was very well received here, but I did manage to locate another I made later on (over TWO YEARS AGO Blizz!) sort of recapping that original post of guild hall suggestions / guild improvements.

I did not edit the post in any way (I’ve yet to finish my first cup o’ coffee) so there may be some ‘‘oddities’’ etc…

Please forgive them.

For better or worse, here 'tis:

23 Mar '19
The new Guild UI and Permissions…yikes
General Discussion

Since we’re throwing out a few ideas, I’ll toss out one or two things I posted here months ago for the sake of anyone from Blizzard (maybe) reading this who cares.

First of course I’d like to see the permissions restored as they were.

I explained why a few posts above.

To add some functionality to the guild ui, (for me anyway) it’d be helpful to be able to send someone who’s requested to join the guild via the much outdated in-game guild recruitment tool (please update the recruitment tool) an offline acceptance so they can choose to join the next time they log in. If they’ve applied to more then one guild, perhaps the ability for said recruits to see the multiple acceptances from various guilds upon login, so they can choose among them.

I for one need more room to make both officer and general notes. Meaning, for me at least, I would like far more space to be able to write much more detailed notes. Also, maybe a place for GM only notes. Sometimes, (again, for me at least), I need to make a private note, reminder, etc… to myself as the Guild leader that I don’t necessarily need or want all (or any) of my officers to see.

Sometimes leaders need their privacy.

As a side note. A poster above had some great ideas, and I agreed with many of them. However, a “stopgap” fix for guild permissions is one idea I am not so sure of.

For me at least, I want the permissions fixed correctly, and for good. I for one am willing to wait a little longer for the proper fix instead of trying to deal with some clunky temporary “duct taped” fix that isn’t really a fix at all.

And now back to our show.

Many months ago, I posted the idea of a Guild Hall for ALL guilds (even the tiny or one / two person guilds)

I was a little more then shocked when I saw how well received it was. Someone even “borrowed” the post I originally made, and used it on another thread to promote the idea of guild halls. Unfortunately I have not checked back on it. I do however hope they do well with that.

So. Guild Halls:

Here’s what I can remember from my original months old post (Yep, I am way to lazy to go looking for the original.

(Fumal I am not) :smiley:

With scaling, I’d hope that most of the following would be possible.

Imagine your guild hall. It’s instanced of course. Only members of your guild, or those invited by your guild can enter. For me, I’d have the entrance for the Guild Hall in a major city like Stormwind, or perhaps even an entrance in multiple cities. Perhaps each new entrance could be earned over time by the guild. There would be guild banners hanging outside the entrance that you and all of your guild would see as their guild colors / crest.

Inside you may find things like a “guild library” In said Guild Library is a tome of history. If you “read” this tome, you’ll be able to view the history of your guild and it’s members both older and newer starting from it’s very day of creation to the present. Who’s come and gone over the months and years, your adventures together as a guild ie: Your Guild took down The Lich King back in 2009 when Player B was still the GM etc…

Inside your Guild Hall will perhaps hang more Guild Banners of your own creation. You of course made them using the new and improved tabard / guild banner creator / designer.

(Blizzard, please improve the old tabard designer and include banners for our new guild halls…) :smiley:

The new and improved tabard / banner designer has many many more crest designs, borders, and colors to choose from. Perhaps even the option to include the guild’s name (or an abbreviation thereof) can one day be included.

There could be several quest givers inside as well. These would of course be guild only quests. Some would always be available and some could be unlocked by doing certain tasks, quest lines, or achievements only doable by certain professions or even classes.

Example: A Blacksmith only quest-line to get the guild a proper legendary or three. These would be more like the old days of Wow, not the newer Legion versions. (Not that I didn’t enjoy those. I did) For me though, the fun and excitement of the challenge was missing …

There could be guild only quests to unlock guild rewards of all sorts. pets, weapons, vanity / cosmetic / xmog items, glyphs (Blizz, we need glyphs back as well please) enchants both practical and cosmetic for weapons and even armor. (Why not have an enchant to make my helm, cloak, and or shoulders I never show anymore drip blood or brew, or glow brightly with hideously awesome skulls / ghouls, smoke, feathers, etc… so that I might be more likely to show them off?

(Feathers? Eh, ok)

These should be made to be doable with both large, medium, small or even one person guilds. Although in my opinion it should be a bit harder for the smaller guilds to accomplish these things, just not impossible.

The quest givers in the guild halls should be able to have many new quests for a great many variety of in-game interests, Proffs as mentioned, fishing, pets, guild perks, treasures, mounts, toys, titles, etc… (perhaps some quests thrown in to help speed up some of the harder reputations to gain, even from older content)

I’m pretty sure there was a lot more stuff mentioned in my original post, and a few of these things in this post (for better or worse) I came up as I was writing.

(Feathers? Eh, ok)

I know not all of these things are good (Feathers…?) or even practical ideas, and maybe most, or even all, are not ever going to happen. But since Blizzard asked, and we’re throwing out ideas…

At any rate, that’s what I could remember from my old post plus a few new ideas that popped into my head. I’m sure many of you reading this can come up with some great suggestions if you feel like adding anything to this.

Thanks for reading. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I like your guild hall ideas Druunah. It’s interesting that Blizz actually has added offline invites now (though that was a bit ago) and (for me at least) feathers. :rofl:

I will say that I agree any guild hall quests or achievements should be doable by any size guild, but that they would naturally be easier for larger guilds to complete. I just now thought of a sort of looking-for-group function just for guild halls where guilds could arrange to join up with other guilds for certain achievements. That would not only help smaller guilds complete quests and achieves, it would also build comraderie among guilds.

3 Likes

Darn. I thought more folks would have ideas to share. Not that Blizzard would listen anyway.

I guess if we can’t get the permissions done, there’s not any point to making a wish list of further improvements. Other than it would have been fun to read other people’s ideas.

2 Likes

It can be used as anyone pleases. It was able.to be opened up to any rank. There is no “intended” or not. It’s merely a channel built in. It can be used for whatever anyone wants.

4 Likes

Shall we go for 2000 days?

3 Likes

Why stop there? I bet we can go on for another couple of expansions, easy!
:rofl:

Seriously though, I wish Blizz would just fix the dang permissions. I can’t imagine it’s all that technically difficult, so their foot-dragging must be due to priorities. I want them to prioritize guilds for once. Please!

2 Likes

Imagine if Wowhead gave this topic the light of day. Wonder what might happen then.

5 Likes

Who knows, worgen might get tails!

2 Likes

You know, we already have flying pigs, so…
:laughing:

2 Likes

Hoggrus… I can’t remember if I have him or not. I know I have the ox, and they didn’t do a mount for my Rooster year, but I dunno about the flying pig.

1 Like

They started the tradition with the dog, so if we’re still doing this in eight years, we’ll get back around to the rooster. I don’t think I can honestly say I expect WoW to kick out another four expansions to get us to that point though.

1 Like

If they do… I wonder if we’ll have our permissions fixed by then.

3 Likes