The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

You’re a good person.

They are not going to fix this for RP.

They fixed it for raiding guilds.

I helped.

All I’m sayin’, don’t try and put all that on it please…

I have my doubts about them fixing it at all, but it’s not just RPers that want granular permissions. Most guilds don’t have websites or recruiting forms or other multiple ways of weeding through applicants. Most guilds aren’t “raiding guilds,” they’re just guilds that might do some raiding (or not), might run keys (or not), might be leveling guilds, might be social guilds, might be pvp guilds, might be all these things or something else entirely.

Granular permissions give GM’s the choice of how they want to divide responsibilities to manage their guild. Having separate permissions isn’t a role play thing, it’s a guild management thing.

6 Likes

Thought I’d check in and mention I’d like separated guild permissions, please. It would make running a guild much easier for people like me, who want to share some guild responsibilities, but not ALL of them.

The really sad part is I haven’t logged into the game for a few days, and yet I know nothing has been done about the permissions.

5 Likes

983 days since this thread was made.
983 days of an awful change that was said to be an accident and a fix in the works.
983 days… and we’re still waiting.
983 days of disappointment.

6 Likes

983 days of unexpected fellowship with those who are also waiting.

silver lining

6 Likes

Who thinks we’ll break 1000 days, easy?

/raises hoof

6 Likes

I read everything I can find about the upcoming patch, but I never see any mention of guilds. I still keep hoping for an unannounced change though. I want to be cynical and pessimistic, but it never seems to stick. Sometimes I feel like Blizzard is purposefully trying to wear me down. And still, I keep hoping.

2 Likes

There’s a part of me that wonders if this problem would have been fixed if WoW still had 12 million subs. I’m not trying to be all doom and gloom like the folks that are saying the game is on its last legs. I’m just speculating that with fewer players, Blizz isn’t interested in fixing “little” problems that only affect a “few” players.

The irony is that guilds are one of the things that keep (kept?) folks playing through good and bad. Systems that help people connect and make friends are the backbone of MMO’s. I truly wish the important decision makers at Blizz HQ would understand that and put some focus on helping guilds work better.

4 Likes

They’re more interested in fixing a /turnspeed bug then fixing a ui problem what does that tell you.

2 Likes

I lowkey forgot yesterday was April Fool’s. I saw some of the joke patch notes but I almost wouldn’t have been surprised if they’d put ‘fixed guild permissions’ in there because it feels like a joke to ask them to be true to their word at this point.

But hey, I got vaccinated yesterday. That’s good at least. But how about you really make my weekend Blizz, and restore the guild permissions that you said you unintentionally broke and planned to fix?

6 Likes

I’m not sure if I would have laughed or cried if they’d done that. At least it would have shown that someone was thinking of guilds, even as a joke.

3 Likes

Nope, I haven’t forgotten about this problem. It would be worse if I actually had an active guild instead of just a guild for alts, but it’s still annoying.

I feel like not fixing this is just laziness on Blizzard’s part because there’s no logical reason to have taken away granular permissions to begin with. Well, maybe “laziness” is the wrong word. They just don’t want to spend the resources.

The fact that they haven’t shut this thread down keeps me hoping that some day they’ll get around to fixing the permissions. I really don’t want to think the thread still exists because Blizz can’t even be bothered to close it.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard anything at all about any plans for guilds? I really want to believe Blizz realizes the importance of guilds to WoW and still cares about them.

2 Likes

Tag, I’m it.

I just renewed my guild’s listing in the finder. Not sure why I bothered. I guess I just want to be optimistic that cool things will be happening for guilds before Blizz pulls the plug. After all, there’s more than enough pessimism to go around these days, right? There are times when I feel like Sisyphus, though.

2 Likes

This is a good point in the game to recruit imo.

Don’t look for Blizz to be handing out giveaways; as always, players and guild leaders will have to blaze their own trail. And yes, right now it’s not easy, however given an arc of time perspective, they have also given guilds plenty of benefits over the years.

If you have cleared anything, completed lotsa Mythic+ high keys/PVP group ranks/hit AotC/secret mounts or pets…I mean if your guild has completed literally anything in the game, you have an advantage and will find willing players, ready to be recruited.

It’s Spring! Hope springs eternal! :smile:

1 Like

Well, MY guild is dead as a doornail. I mean, deceased. Beyond resurrection. I’m staying in it just in case the old GM comes back. She worked hard to build it up over the years. Then there was a divorce, serious health issues, etc., etc. I honestly don’t know if she’s still alive. But she recruited me into this, the very first guild I ever joined. And we had some great times in the old days, years ago. So, I’m keeping the light on, just in case.

But I’m very glad you still have hope, Che, and that your guild is doing well.

5 Likes

which is not intended…

I’m just going to interject that it’s pretty sad when a game that came out years before Vanilla WoW has better guild permissions than WoW does now

2 Likes

Still wanting our permissions separated out again. Also would like some action on the feedback we were specifically asked to give.

I do have to wonder why we were asked for feedback if it was just going to be ignored. Of course, I also wonder why this thread hasn’t been closed down if they’re just going to ignore it, too. Are they deliberately torturing us by pretending to care what we want?

4 Likes

Some reply would be nice. Even if they’ve chosen not to go that direction. Dialogue is good.

3 Likes