The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

I agree that this option would improve the guild recruiting UI. I myself don’t mind if people don’t respond for a long time because of the premise of my guild. It’s an alt guild: a place for players to park alts they don’t have time to play regularly. I won’t kick anyone just because they don’t log in. Naturally, I wouldn’t remove unresponsive applicants, either.

However

More active guilds need more active members. I understand the need to remove players who aren’t participating in an active guild, and the ability to rescind an invitation when someone doesn’t respond for weeks would definitely benefit such guilds.

Sadly, if Blizz can’t fix our permissions (something Ion said they were working on), I don’t see them implementing a change to invites, either. I could be wrong though.

4 Likes

Looks to be a interface dumb down. Perhaps Blizzconline 2021 announcement: “wow scheduled on consoles, mobile devices 2021.”

2 Likes

I can’t believe this thread still exists with no answer.

I can’t believe I’m still having to post about an issue more than 2 years later.

The degrading QoL and growing indifference of Blizzard to player concerns is made manifest here.

7 Likes

I just found this thread and discovered they changed the officer permissions. Like wut? Why would they ever do this?
And the fact that its still unfixed and unaddressed Two and a Half YEARS later is insane.
It’s also on par for norm with blizzard and their complete disregard for the player base.

How are they still a company? God I just want them to go the way of wildstar

2 Likes

According to Ion, it wasn’t intentional. The permissions got lumped together when the communities feature got integrated. They did separate some of the permissions out early on, but the majority are still lumped under “is officer”.

Though Ion said it wasn’t intentional and they were working on a fix, we’ve gotten nothing but radio silence since then. So yeah, you’re not wrong about their disregard for the players.

5 Likes

It makes me want to learn how to Twitter, as that seems the only way to communicate now that the forums are only for announcements.

3 Likes

that i can understand. but ive got applicants sitting there over a year now…

1 Like

That always makes me wonder. Have they never logged in since they applied? I’ve gotten messages when someone joins a different guild, so I know it’s not that.

While I don’t care how long an applicant sits on my list, I can totally see how it would be different for a different guild. Like the permissions, one size does NOT fit all. Our guilds need to be customizable beyond our names and tabards. Blizzard should be expanding guild customization, not trying to cram us all into the same box.

4 Likes

there’s a couple that log in. one had their toon up to 55 now and has been sitting in “accepted” status 9 months now (roughly)

4 Likes

I wonder if they’re not sitting at “accepted” for several guilds, waiting for the infrastructure to collapse and sweep up the remains?

I’m not sure what you mean by this. What infrastructure is going to collapse and how will these folks sweep up any “remains?”

I’m fairly certain most of these unresponsive characters have gotten invites to multiple guilds. If they ever respond by joining one, the others will get a “joined another” message.

Just another day of an awful guild permission system not being reverted…

I’m also actually curious if anyone has found a fix for this issue:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/260510949335760906/805810533336743996/guild_app_note.png

8 Likes

Bring back guild leveling.

1 Like

Wow. I did not realize people could write so much more than officers can see. That’s a really stupid thing to have gone without a fix for so long.

I’d say at least 80% of applicants for Fumel’s guild write nothing, and the rest barely write a sentence, so it’s not really an issue for me. But that has a lot to do with the nature of his guild, too. A serious guild would definitely like to know a bit more about their applicants–so it would be great if they could actually read it all.

5 Likes

Well. Apparently unintentional screw-ups don’t get fixes even when we’re told a fix is in the works.

I’d just like an explanation as to why separating our permissions like they used to be is too much trouble for anyone to do. I mean, seriously. If we’re not getting a fix, can’t we at least be told why?

5 Likes

More feedback for Blizzard, my guild is not going to be more than me and another guy and our alt accounts if we ever bother to make them, because we know each other and trust each other with the keys. Larger guilds, like raiding types, who have dozens of people (have to have dozens of people) aren’t going to trust all of them equally and shouldn’t be forced to do so.

5 Likes

Still broken, still being ignored by Blizzard…

3 Likes

There’s this part of me that wants them to close this thread down. That would be proof (to me) that they have no intention of fixing the problem. But they don’t even care enough to do that. They’re just going to ignore us until we stop posting and the thread dies from natural causes.

But I’m not giving up. Maybe one day there will be different folks in charge, and they’ll want to know what issues players would like addressed. Yeah, I know that’s pretty much fantasy, but if I weren’t into fantasy, I wouldn’t be playing WoW to begin with. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah the new guild thing sucks but it’s not going to get fixed ever. It is a big step back from what it was before. It is dumb.

1 Like

Guys, give them a break. They probably only have 4 people working on the game right now, and can’t spare any hands on anything non-store/major patch related.

Hrg, my cynicism is getting out of control. I must stop posting.

5 Likes