The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

Hey. Just checking in to say I’m still here and not at all happy with Blizzard’s handling of this situation.

Fix the permissions, or tell us why you can’t/won’t. Is that really too hard to do?

3 Likes

Going on years for an “unintentional change with a fix in the works” is kind of sad. Stop lying to us or fix it already, this is beyond absurd now.

5 Likes

Imagine actually expecting decent customer service or community outreach from blizz. That may be more laughable than the actual change.

Spectrum has better customer care than blizz, and that in of itself is pretty damn impressive.

4 Likes

Man, I remember this thread… Been so long and still no effort whatsoever on their part…

Vast majority of our stuff is through discord now.
For a game based heavily around them, In game guild systems are an abandoned joke.

:confused: It should be the other way around. Guilds should be one of the best supported systems.
But if we’ve learned anything about bliz in the past couple of expansions its that organizing systems are their kryptonite…

4 Likes

I wonder if anyone at Blizzard ever looks at any of the stuff on the forums anymore. I mean, it’s obvious this thread is on their ignore list, but are we unique, or do they ignore pretty much everything these days?

Maybe I’m just feeling glum, but I feel like no one there at Blizz cares about this game anymore.

5 Likes

I’ve heard that in weeks that’s only been a couple Blue posts, and it seems to be in the tuning threads, announcing another dribble of change.

2 Likes

Just here to point out that ALL these comments are in regards to the second most viewed thread in the history of the new forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/community/general-discussion/171?order=views

Perhaps someone who can post images can screenshot that and link it here. Also, I don’t have a twitter account - maybe point it out to them there as well? It also wouldn’t be a bad subject for an article on one of the gaming sites… :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I used to be able to do that, but I lost my level 3 trust from inactivity. Or, rather, activity in only a few threads. They want you reading some horrid amount of posts on an ongoing basis, and I just wasn’t into it anymore.

In that link, the next two threads after this one are also issues I was very interested in–so I’m kind of a curse for any topic you want action on. It’s rather discouraging when everything you’re passionate about gets ghosted by Blizz.

2 Likes

Still nothing and I still can’t give my guildies the permissions they once had. I love how the only blue post in here is to extend the cap. Just leave us all with worthless ranks. Thanks, Blizz.

2 Likes

guild leader owns the guild if the guild leader runs it on nepotism people leave bad outcome for the guild but this is what the guild leader chose this is what a guild is about. the individual guild not the one size fits all that blizz imposed. guilds were unique… now they are just a guild tag

4 Likes

Lol…my recruitment thread from the start of new forums has 1.7k views…all from me checking them. Ok…I may have recruited a few people…yeah. BUT STILL!

And, you’re welcome for a reply from the ONLY Blue Replied Poster (OBRP, oh yeah!) here…and that was BEFORE this thread even started…wow! James Brown spins, then stops “Maceo! get his cape!”

1 Like

Yeah, we all bow to you, Che. You are the forum master, the one and only blue-reply receiver. You leave us agog with your brilliance.

1 Like

And that was August 2018. With the new forums, there’s no cap on the threads, so they don’t even have to pop in to do that anymore. It’s almost scary that this thread is older than these forums.

The real irony is that Ythisens hasn’t worked for Blizzard for years now. Yeah, the only Blue to respond got laid off. Makes you ponder life a bit, doesn’t it?

4 Likes

I filled out a game ticket for this issue today and referenced this thread. I am sure it will get ignored but interested to see if I get any reply other than just closing my ticket with the basic language saying its not an issue they can address.

3 Likes

Not “can”, “won’t.” As far as management is concerned it’s working as intended.

Yeah, yeah, I know. For a given value of “working”.

1 Like

Great response from Blizzard.

“Thread is extended, you’re welcome guys!”

Absolutely hilarious to see this level of complete and total incompetence from them.

Small repeated things like these are exactly why I’ve started to venture into playing other games.

3 Likes

Would be nice if they told us that. The last thing Ion said about it was that the change was unintentional, and they were working on a fix. As much as I want the permissions broken up, if they really have no intention of ever doing so, I’d like to know.

2 Likes

I feel like everyone is giving up on this topic–and pretty much on WoW in general. And by “everyone” I mean the folks at Blizzard, too. Our problem is not the only one plaguing the game right now, but I feel like making guilds better would go a long way toward making the game more enjoyable for a lot of people.

Blizzard’s neglect makes me pretty sad, to be honest.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXkF2viFDgU

3 Likes

I’ve had a bunch of people accepted to my guild that haven’t accepted yet themselves after months i need an option to drop them after a period of time if they haven’t joined. A year is just way too long just to sit idle

3 Likes