The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

Hey! They fixed something and you missed it! :grinning:

1 Like

Um. You did inform us of this earlier, yes. We didnā€™t ā€œmiss it.ā€

They have actually fixed a few other things since this thread was started well over two years ago. But they never fixed the changes to guild permissions, which Ion said were unintentional and were being worked on. And recently, a bunch of other things got borkedā€“at least for guilds that are on realms that got merged. Some of those things also have been fixed, and some have not.

Honestly, itā€™s really hard to get excited about one or two fixes when theyā€™ve ignored the thing they claimed to be fixing and other things seem to be continually breaking.

5 Likes

Just because I havenā€™t posted about this for a few days doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m content to let things stand as they are.

I canā€™t believe I was actually defending Blizzard earlier in this thread, making excuses for why they couldnā€™t fix things right away. You know, back at the start of BfA. Now weā€™re at the start of another expansion, and there are no more excuses. Give us back our granular permissions, Blizz.

7 Likes

I wish I could say I was still optimistic for a fix.

Iā€™m not.

Itā€™s been two years, and communities continue to break and guild permissions remain bundled. No word. I wish I could say I was surprised by this horrendous communication and lack of care for the playerbase.

Iā€™m not.

Iā€™ll continue to bump this thread every so often on the offchance Ion decides to remember to make good on his wordā€¦ but again, Iā€™m not optimistic. I may be saltier than normal but come -on-, Blizz. This really doesnā€™t need to be so difficult. Communication canā€™t be this hard for you.

10 Likes

Apparently it is.

I feel very much like theyā€™re just going through the motions with WoW now. Thereā€™s no one in charge who really gives a darn. Fixing this problem would require that someone at Blizzard HQ cares, so yeah. Weā€™re talking to a wall.

3 Likes

But we canā€™t stop, or else when someone finally does come take a look at it, or is forced to do so, itā€™ll seem an issue no one cares about anymore and not worth the effort of fixing.

4 Likes

Was looking at my guild controls again this evening. I donā€™t know why I bother. Iā€™m sure if they actually made any changes, theyā€™d make a big announcement about it and try to look like theyā€™re actually doing things for guilds (rather than giving us back what we used to have).

I keep hoping though, so I keep checking. Itā€™s my daily dose of disappointment.

3 Likes

moar persimmons buff plz guild neds

k thx

3 Likes

as someone who has been playing for 16 yearsā€¦ and raiding for the majority of thoseā€¦ the ammount of scandelous sh* that goes on in officer chat would boggle most peopleā€™s mindsā€¦ hahaha

1 Like

I doubt it would faze those of us who frequent the general discussion forums. :wink:

Still looking to have the permissions like they used to be. Iā€™m not going to give up even though it seems weā€™re being completely ignored. Maybe someone at Blizz HQ will come to their senses.

4 Likes

Blizzardā€¦you responded to the guild finder bit. But I think you missed the rest of the song. Letā€™s try this again.

belts it out at the top of her lungs

6 Likes

Hereā€™s the feedback you asked for, Ion:

Separated guild permissions allows GMā€™s to spread responsibilities out among the guildā€™s officers. If someone drops the ball, we know exactly who it was.

Separated guild permissions allows GMā€™s to reward guildies who have proven themselves. The team players get more control and responsibility.

Separated guild permissions help GMā€™s test a guildieā€™s trustworthiness. Start them with one or two responsibilities and see how they do.

Separated guild permissions allow GMā€™s to tailor the guild structure to fit their particular guild. No two guilds are the same: a one-size-fits-all permission system is really one-size-fits-none.

We were told this change was unintentional and a fix was in the works. That was forever ago. When is the fix coming? If youā€™re not going to change anything, why not just tell us this is how itā€™s going to be?

12 Likes

All I want for Christmas is my two froā€“

Er, sorry. Guild Permissions. All I want for Christmas is my granular guild permissions.

This pressure cooker is nice, though!

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty much assuming weā€™re not getting a fix this year.

Itā€™s hard to believe Blizzard has ignored this problem (and this thread) this long. Itā€™s like itā€™s a completely different company from the one that first developed WoW.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s better or worse that Ion asked for feedback about guilds and said they had a fix for this in the works. I mean, was he lying, or were they working on it and then just dropped it? Are guilds really that unimportant to Blizzard now?

3 Likes

This is an Activision game now ā€¦ the people who were Blizzard have quit or been fired.

5 Likes

Almost enough to make me figure out Twitterā€¦ at least my sister appears to have checked the ā€˜is officerā€™ box for the rank she made for my characters. But it puts me as having only slightly less power than she herself has.

1 Like

Another year, another cold shoulder. Looks like we have been forgotten folks. Oh well, RIP Guilds. RIP WoW when it was good. Looking in the BUG REPORT forum, it seems as though we are still in the Beta test and maybe by August or October we will have gotten all the major bugs worked out. But to be perfectly honest I Am to the point I wish I could get my money back and go do something else. I saw this shizzle show coming and my expectations were met.

1 Like

I got one of those tips on the log-in that said to use the guild finder to join up with like-minded folks to play with. Something like that. It was basically pushing guilds. But when is Blizz going to help us out? Why tell folks to join guilds when it feels like theyā€™re trying to kill guilds? I feel like Blizz is as messed up as the different factions in Shadowlands.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe itā€™s now over four thousand posts and over 18 months since this was first posted about, and not only has there been complete radio silence from Blizzard since August 2018, but no changes have been made.

This is STILL incredibly inconvenient and still an issue for me on a weekly basis as a guild leader. If Blizzard donā€™t want to change it, they could at least provide a response to say so and their reasoning behind leaving it as-is despite the negative feedback.

5 Likes

Not to be picky, but weā€™re going on 30 months since this started. July 2018 to January 2021. I guess an extra year of ignoring this doesnā€™t really matter to Blizz anyway.

^100% this.

As much as I want the issue fixed, Iā€™ll be satisfied if we can at least get some honesty.

Every time I look at the permissions, I have to ask, ā€œHow hard is it to put check boxes by each of the permissions instead of lumping them together?ā€ I donā€™t do coding. Is it really that difficult, or are they just not working on it? I mean, what is the holdup?

4 Likes