The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

07/21/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Calathiel
07/21/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Chøøtem
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, or if anyone else is having this issue... So the way I have it set up in our guild is everyone is able to invite to guild. Whether it's their friends, cool people they meet along their adventures, whatever. Also it helps when people need to bring in alts to guild, if I am offline and someone else is on they can get them in asap. But currently the invite to guild seems to be bugged for some. I have guildies sending me screenshots and their invite member button is grayed out, even though I have it checked off in the guild control window for all ranks to be able to invite. So is there a fix to this or is it bugged?

You have to either use /ginvite or use the old UI that you can pull up with /guildroster or /groster.

We've found this bug too. And its annoying. Good to know it still exists after hotfix this morning.

Thank you for the answer :D
Guild masters need as much control as you can give us and then some. I'm sure the devs have guilds. Don't they know what GMs go through? lol
Like so many others, as a leader of a guild I find the new guild UI to be a major disappointment. Many people have been asking for improvements to the Guild UI for years.. but this is not an improvement. The communities feature is useful, and that's great and all.. but there was no need to cripple the guild UI when introducing it.

The big problems I have are:

The catch-all Officer permission is very disruptive to existing guild structures. For example, my guild has 3 ranks of "officers", veterans who have the majority of officer privileges but arent allowed to remove people from the guild, and Elders which are former officers that are allowed to use officer chat but do not have other officer related powers.

The guild UI really doesnt need to take up the entire screen. The old UI was a nice reasonable size that allowed me to interact with it without blocking my view of everything else. It would be nice if the 'chat' could be collapsed to bring the UI back to a reasonable size.

The inability to sort by last login is annoying, we frequently make use of that when demoting guild members that have been inactive for excessive amounts of time, and more frequently just to see who has been playing lately. For example, I noticed a couple weeks ago that an old friend who hadn't been playing since Cata had come back to the game. Without this functionality, I probably wouldn't have noticed that unless they happened to log on while I was logged in.
Guys...its called Sleight of Hand... They took way more away then they are actually intending.

Then they will return this or that to appease the drones, like they planned beforehand.

Then the drones advocate for Blizzard sighting how they "listen" etc etc

If you play wow you are the one being played.
07/21/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Kalagrim

The catch-all Officer permission is very disruptive to existing guild structures. For example, my guild has 3 ranks of "officers", veterans who have the majority of officer privileges but arent allowed to remove people from the guild, and Elders which are former officers that are allowed to use officer chat but do not have other officer related powers.

[/quote]

This 1000%. I can deal with the UI changes. Addons can change and replace it.
I don't understand however, why guilds now have less choice in ranks, rather than more, along with the fact that this change was made without any notice to guild leadership in the form of a blue post or blog post. It would have been great if the guild leadership forum was still around, also.
Daily bump, how the unholy hells have we not had a god damm blue post on this yet?!? Give us back the ability for us to do our jobs dammit >.<
1 Like
If robert kotick was any indication, the requirements to work at activision and by extension blizzard must include being braindead.
Please change this..
07/17/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Osiris
Apparently hearing reports that they also got rid of the ability to see "Last Online" on the guild roster. I can't login at the moment to confirm for myself.

For example, you would see a player offline and it would say "Last Online < hour" or "Last online 16 days". Now you don't have that information anymore.

Wonderful.

Last Online shows up in the "Zone" column for offline players now.
Taking away player's control seems to be the theme of BFA. Well done Blizzard.
You are behold to the new age of Ion Hazzikostas, bow down and despair. All options are to be abolished. All content is to be rushed. All prestige is to be destroyed.

All people in the Hazzikostas regime shall receive their handbook delivered forthwith. Those who oppose shall be made unto dust.
We're proud to present: BlizzChat, where we attempt to copy Discord as our own in-game, off-line chat/voice system that we're confident everyone will enjoy and won't be pressured to download complex, free systems in order to engage in like minded conversations.

JK, we're deploying this so we can push WoW onto consoles.
07/22/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Mcgrammar
Daily bump, how the unholy hells have we not had a god damm blue post on this yet?!? Give us back the ability for us to do our jobs dammit >.<

This!
07/21/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Takoda
But now, to give people the ability to mark their own alts, I have to give them permission to do everything else? That's bonkers.

Insanity. Who thought this was a good idea?
07/22/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Mcgrammar
Well, the blues can only pass on our concerns to the devs and then pass back to us whatever the devs say. So, if the devs haven't told them anything, they can't tell us anything. I'm certain the devs have been made aware of our complaints. Whether they choose to do anything about it is another issue.

I honestly am having trouble believing this is intentional, but there's nothing in the new guild UI that indicates it's not. It literally makes no sense from a guild management viewpoint. How in the world can it make sense from the devs' view point?
I feel like a guild hall monitor, not a guild master :(
Daily bump.

To those of you just joining the convo, I appreciate your take on things, but this is not an anti-Blizzard thread. This isn't an attack on any of the developers, either. I hope you don't hijack this like the hysteria of the other threads have. The last thing we need is all of this progress to be dumped out. It'll be hard to get these upvotes on another forum unless we cap this one.

Last night we had another impromptu event, this time more organized, in a sense. In our discord we posted a time and a date, which made it slightly inconvenient to those who don't use discord regularly, but they were able to get the information they needed to attend the event. 21 people in all, with 2 of them being watchers/assistant DMs. Myself included.

The sad reminder is that not even newbies can see guild events. Guild events are locked behind the big super permission. This new way of management, heading into using discord religiously for events and keeping people up to date.. It's going to be a hot mess. A really, really hot mess. Already I get in trouble by making too many everyones/announcements, but now the idea of making 2x as many? It won't be the end of the world, but all of this is just a massive inconvenience. This isn't the essence of World of Warcraft. Guilds used to be (and still are) very magical clans. There's a meaning to them besides just guild banks and "Who's got the top raiders and PvP'ers on the realm?"

Really hoping that we either get a response soon, or a hotfix on Tuesday. My anxiety is about to go through the roof. Our prepatch plans might have to be cancelled.
Everyone is being held up because of an asinine decision to limit options.

Is this working as intended?
07/17/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Osiris
Whose bright idea was to lump all these permissions under a single check box?

> New Permissions UI: https://i.imgur.com/v7WlrcH.png
    > Old Permissions UI: https://i.imgur.com/Fi55wGh.png

Now to give someone access to officer chat, or give them the ability to set their own public note, I have to give them the ability to delete people's messages, calendar events, notes, gmotd, kick people from voice chat, etc.

Thanks for taking more control away from the players....in favor for watered down solutions.

[Edit] For those not aware - you were previously able to control all these things individually, per rank. Feel free to vote on the question by giving it a like for Thursday's Q&A here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765747093#post-19

Yea no idea why they made this stupid !@# change... The need to bring back the custom options..
In all honesty, I think I would prefer the guild/communities change be reverted until they fix it, even though I do like the Communities feature. Would that be possible?