The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

This is the worst change in WoW history since the real ID fiasco.

There was 100% no reason to do this. When you nerf toys and have them with larger cooldowns (Blazing Wings for example), it seems completely illogical. But I can see why customization is limited because the person in charge of transmog has no idea what he's doing. (I can't hide my bracers or gloves? Really?)

But there is literally no reason to change something that has been around for 14 years. Unless it is such a huge burden on your UI of the game, there is no reason to take away options.
I am sick to death of "We wanted to change this and that" and not "The players wanted this and that to change." I'm sick of the selfishness of Blizzard Entertainment. You have hotfixed all of these issues in the game.
We are expecting if not DEMANDING a fix to this on Tuesday! Or you'll see a bunch of pissed of GMs walking out the door!
07/21/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Chøøtem
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, or if anyone else is having this issue... So the way I have it set up in our guild is everyone is able to invite to guild. Whether it's their friends, cool people they meet along their adventures, whatever. Also it helps when people need to bring in alts to guild, if I am offline and someone else is on they can get them in asap. But currently the invite to guild seems to be bugged for some. I have guildies sending me screenshots and their invite member button is grayed out, even though I have it checked off in the guild control window for all ranks to be able to invite. So is there a fix to this or is it bugged?

You have to either use /ginvite or use the old UI that you can pull up with /guildroster or /groster.

We've found this bug too. And its annoying. Good to know it still exists after hotfix this morning.
Wretchedmist, another benefit to the sort is if you were trying to get in contact with a guild member you could log on, check the last time they've been on. That way you can know at a glance "they saw my message" or "they haven't been on since I left the message."

I can only imagine how crucial that could be for raiding. Like if you need to tell everyone "hey, raid time is changing tonight. RL events happened. We're starting at 6, not 5. my apologies!"
07/17/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Xiata
07/17/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Loendor

Trust is fine, but why would all the officers need to be able to edit guild info or change the MOTD. Some of these things are ADMIN things not officer things. Either way... why is it up to them? What's wrong with giving Guild Leaders the flexibility to do things as they want? Who actually asked for this?

I used to be an officer, and MOTD was allowed because if raid lead would be late or something he would call me and I would do the MOTD to say "Raid starting 1 hour late tonight" or something. Message of the day doesn't seem like a huge deal. Any trusted officer should know when to change it, and when not to. Like the officers I knew used to only change it when we were told to.

I seriously don't get why people are arguing against more choice.

People like you are why Blizzard has watered so much of this game down man. Come on. Allow people to play the way they want. Why do you - and Blizzard - insist on defining how people have fun? Just because your guild operated a certain way doesn't mean other guilds do.

A lot of the larger guilds have different permissions they want people to be able to do themselves. Like setting notes. But they don't want them to be able to do any other "officer" things.
07/17/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Jostlen
This is ridiculous. Let people run their guilds how they want.

/agree

I'd also say this applies to their raids as well, with making loot only personal only despite raid type.

:TWO HUGE MASSIVE THUMBS DOWN:

Ya'll are just fooking the game up for this expac after Legion was, what I felt, the 2nd best expac of the game. Very much enjoyed Legion. The things I see coming in BFA, I have WOD-PTSD all over again.

Gonna be another shtshow until halfway thru the expac when they start scrambling to change things, then we'll see a lot of imbalances that won't get fully smoothed out until final tier or 2nd to last tier. /facepalm
I swear, some of these decisions being made for this xpac are...modern. Not a good thing. Reminds me of going from a Samsung phone to an Iphone
give us the old UI or let us have a customizable one that has no restrictions.
So general guild management panels are really buggy for me after testing.

1) Options do not save
I notice when I switch between ranks certain checkboxes do not stick. The officers checkbox will uncheck as soon as I switch the rank. Not sure why these were changed when I had them set as officers before the 8.0 patch.

2) Gold withdraw values are also not saved.
As soon as I switch the number value and switch rank, that value gets inherited across all ranks.

3) Bank permissions completely messed up
All my bank permission stack counts were put to "10000". Also all restrictions who could view or take from tabs have been reset to all available. A major oversight in from the upgrade to patch 8.0. Due note a friend tested though and the system still inherited the original settings, they cannot interact with certain tabs. So this seems to be an issue with lua code with backend database.
07/21/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Jareff

1) Options do not save
I notice when I switch between ranks certain checkboxes do not stick. The officers checkbox will uncheck as soon as I switch the rank. Not sure why these were changed when I had them set as officers before the 8.0 patch.

As soon as I switch the number value and switch rank, that value gets inherited across all ranks.

All my bank permission stack counts were put to "10000". Also all restrictions who could view or take from tabs have been reset to all available. A major oversight in from the upgrade to patch 8.0. Due note a friend tested though and the system still inherited the original settings, they cannot interact with certain tabs. So this seems to be an issue with lua code with backend database.

If you're using ElvUI - all this applies.
I had to turn off ElvUI, restart the client (not reload), then try to go in and make these changes. However! It didn't stay if I clicked away for the text entry boxes, but if I hit enter it did.

The "is officer" I was able to check too but that rank does not get added in the Officer tab of the guild when I tested.
07/21/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Calathiel
07/21/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Jareff

1) Options do not save

If you're using ElvUI - all this applies.
I had to turn off ElvUI, restart the client (not reload), then try to go in and make these changes. However! It didn't stay if I clicked away for the text entry boxes, but if I hit enter it did.

The "is officer" I was able to check too but that rank does not get added in the Officer tab of the guild when I tested.

Cool, thanks for response. Not running anything though that changes the base UI, especially for guild panel features. I turned off a lot of addons to double check these problems.

Regardless how this got past QA is beyond me. The fact we cannot even use certain features reliably has me a bit concerned. Especially making a change could introduce more problems.
07/21/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Jareff

Regardless how this got past QA is beyond me. The fact we cannot even use certain features reliably has me a bit concerned. Especially making a change could introduce more problems.

Definitely. And its very unfortunate as well, as the most recent changes undervalues/undermines large community guilds were permissions were just necessary to ensure constant flow. There was a hierarchy, and some guilds revolved that hierarchy based on the rules for what happens if a guild leader goes MIA unexpectedly and someone were to request leadership.

In my guild we have that type of setup - rank below GL for those that I trust to carry on what my guild does in the event something happens IRL to me and prevents me from being online; the one below them which couldn't modify guild information, but could moderate everything else to help out; then a rank below them that we wanted for more of a specific lead role (like raid leads, class leads, etc) and they needed nothing more than /o for their jobs.

I can't set this up anymore permission wise, and my officers agree that the 'is officer' thing is too much for the last two roles noted just to do what they need to do.
07/17/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Osiris
I jumped the gun a little, while the old UI is back in the game, the nuked / reduced permissions is still there.

Yeah, you got my hopes up, only to have them dashed when I logged into wow and checked it out.

...and of course, the new UI is back in game now too. I wouldn't mind that so much if I could choose which tab it opened on and they fixed the roster so I could sort by different things the way I used to be able to do. Achievement points are not something I need to know when I look at my guild roster.
Yeah, as a GM this is pretty dangerous especially when I previously had layered officer positions. I don't necessarily want junior officers to be able to kick people and delete events, set MotD, ect... I really do hope they give us options like the old UI!
07/18/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Loendor
Why there isn't just a permission to change ONLY your public note is beyond me.

Frankly, after playing EQ2, when I first saw them, I expected that your "public" note would be something that you and only you could edit since that is how that game does it.
Terrible change, Blizzard. Please stop fixing things that aren't broken.

Revert it back, please.
07/19/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Bubbe
are there any good addons that can replace this piece of !@#$?

I have been looking. I was unable to find one yet. It will probably take a bit of time.
Why do you hate guilds, Blizzard?
Not to mention, you took away the ability to block people's access to guild chat. I had a "time out" rank we would give people when they were arguing and causing an issue. If they calmed down and realize their mistake, they would restored to their old rank. I also gave veterans the ability to invite to guild, but didn't want to give them boot powers, so this rank also served as a place to put people to boot once an officer logged on.

Now, I lost both options.

You really need to rethink this new terrible system, Blizzard.
Been a GM since 2009 and I think this change is horrible. Removing granular permissions is just kneecapping what we can do with ranks. At least add the actual UI calls back so a 3rd party with a mod can fix it and allow us to access those permissions, like with the dumbed down character stats screen.
I'm also a GM, and I strongly disagree with merging permissions into a single box. In my guild, we have a lot of altoholics. We use the public note to mark alts and keep track of who is who. But now, to give people the ability to mark their own alts, I have to give them permission to do everything else? That's bonkers.

Blizzard: if you want us to self-regulate and run our own guilds, you have to give us the tools to do it. Otherwise, don't be surprised when we expect you to do the policing for us.