The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

07/19/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Markahn
Making events is now a nightmare. And for a guild that thrives on making multiple events a week, this is a problem. If you want to keep your fancy new guild tab, that's one thing, but please restore permissions to how they worked before. I can't think of a single good reason why this needed to be changed. Who was this for? Who has it helped?

Then again no one liked the GCD change, but that went through anyway.... ugh.

Hmmmm. Maybe it helped Blizzard? After all, if they break the thing we love and we can't use it anymore, then we'll be forced to use the shiny, new thing they're going to be giving us (new UI, Communities, etc.). Maybe they were afraid no one would use those new things, so this way, players don't have much of a choice, do they?

I really hate all the changes they have done to gut guilds, including this one, btw. In my experience, when Blizzard takes away options and choices, it's usually to funnel people into one other choice: Blizzard's. Just sayin'.
1 Like
PSA: If you used Officer chat for things that weren’t Officer business, you CAN create new chat channels within the guild itself for these purposes.
Blizzard, please fix this. The Communities feature seems useful, don't blow it with half-assed stuff like this.
1 Like
07/17/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Osiris
Apparently hearing reports that they also got rid of the ability to see "Last Online" on the guild roster. I can't login at the moment to confirm for myself.

For example, you would see a player offline and it would say "Last Online < hour" or "Last online 16 days". Now you don't have that information anymore.

Wonderful.

Exactly.. that is exactly what has happened, 'Last Online' is no more.. & you can't always now see who IS online. Previously if someone had their ID tagged as offline, noone could see etc that they were online, except in the guild roster list. Now with this new UI I have been chatting to guildies that the new UI is showing as offline.. It even showed me as offline on the roster. Makes it nigh on impossible to see what guildies are around.

Also, there is now no running total of members.. I used to be able to look at the bottom of the roster & it would say for example, 166.. & I could tell if someone had joined or left etc.. now I could have half gquit, or 200 join & not have any idea how many members I now have..

Major, first class clusterFrack Blizz :/

Additional:

Now the loot options have changed as well, we did a run earlier & all looting options have gone, can't set to personal or group loot etc.. & even though the gear still says "you can swap with another player within 2 hrs", we were unable to trade with other guild members who were there in the group, & help down the boss.. it just come up saying unable as they weren't part of the group.. yet they are standing next to me over the body of the boss we just dropped!!!!!
1 Like
Actually (and this is from another thread) there is still a way to see the old guild window. I confirmed it as well. I can't talk about Guild Control however as I'm not the Guild Master.

But type /guildroster

It brings up the old pre-community guild window with all the functionality. Now mind you, this may be removed once they get the issues with communities fixed. But until that time, you CAN at least get SOME of the old functionality back.

And yes, I really don't like the new guild window. It's takes up too much real estate on screen, providing info all the time that you don't really need. Using the drop down to get that info was great!
1 Like
Looks like my Family is going back to Red Shirts rank lol
Still would appreciate a dev/blue post in discussing why this change was made for guild permissions/structure ability.

Please?
When I discovered this change I was mystified. Why on earth would they change something that didn't require a change. The guild rank system was perfectly fine as it was.

Now my veterans that I give invite privileges to to ease the load on the officers requires that I give them all officer privileges just to set a note for the character. We use those note to track member names and help keep track of alts but my Emissaries don't need to see officer chat or any other officer function to do their job. I trust my Vets but that's not the point.

Nobody asked for this Blizzard. Change it back!
THIS, by far is probably one of the most ill-conceived ideas I have ever seen yet that's been pushed to live. WHY make the job/task of a guild leader that much more difficult?

It's seems to me that such short sightness in such a glaring travesty such as this is going create ever MORE problems for GLs AND Officers alike a much bigger headache that even Tylenol won't be able to cure it.

Ignorance on the issues that many have spoken about recently are not being heard, and this sure taken the topping off the cake for sure...…..
07/17/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Osiris
Whose bright idea was to lump all these permissions under a single check box?

https://i.imgur.com/v7WlrcH.png

Now to give someone access to officer chat, or give them the ability to set their own public note, I have to give them the ability to delete people's messages, calendar events, notes, gmotd, kick people from voice chat, etc.

Thanks for taking more control away from the players....in favor for watered down solutions.

[Edit] For those not aware - you were previously able to control all these things individually, per rank. Feel free to vote on the question by giving it a like for Thursday's Q&A here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765747093#post-19

You can thank the crackpot lead dev ION for all these retarded decisions. If you guys haven't noticed ION is a total failure.

He is the master of removing features and functionality for the game while introducing nothing.

it's time we petitioned to have ION fired
07/17/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Loendor
07/17/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Xiata
I guess they figure an officer should be someone you trust with these sorts of things.

Trust is fine, but why would all the officers need to be able to edit guild info or change the MOTD. Some of these things are ADMIN things not officer things. Either way... why is it up to them? What's wrong with giving Guild Leaders the flexibility to do things as they want? Who actually asked for this?

Ion does believe in options, he is slowly taking all choice away from the game.

Camera Distance
Master Loot
Guild Control

Basically Ion is telling you how to play the game, how to run your guild and how you to hand out loot.

For some reason after 14 years all of this became an issue. It's probably due to all the blue pill babies that play games today or the easily offended chaps out there who are but hurt they can't control a guild they didn't start.

So ION is basically saying, I WILL DICTATE HOW YOU RUN YOUR GUILD YOU HAVE NO CONTROL.

F' Ion. He NEEDS TO BE FIRED.

FIRE ION
07/17/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Raicolette
I extremely hate this change. Man, I tell y'all what though, from 7.3.5, broken transmog farming, guild permissions, class pruning, and the theme of BfA is making this difficult to consider staying subbed.

100% agree, never thought I'd say this, but I'm about done with WoW and Blizzard as a company unless there are some massive overhauls at blizzard.

Blizzard what once use to be amazing is turning into a company that is releasing one failure after another becaue they no longer target the player base, but they targer the babies and snowflakes of the gaming community and everything theydo is to keep them happy, while shoving a big middle finger the gamers that build the company to what it is today.

Now I understand why Chris left, he couldn't stand the direction the company is heading in.
07/17/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Talacocheta
07/17/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Beatusnox

This is lazy reasoning, FFXIV has a rather robust Ranking system and is a crossover.

I was going to say exactly this. FFXIV does many things so much better, and they don't remove content every patch either.

Blizzards new moto - BUY OUR NEW EXPANSION AND HAVE LESS OPTIONS THEN YOU'VE EVERY HAD BEFORE! HAHA, ENJOY LESS CONTROL OVER HOW YOUR GUILD WORKS. LESS ABILITY TO AWARD LOYAL RAIDERS WITH FORCED PERSONAL LOOT, LESS CONTROL OVER ALL YOU DO!! HAHA PAY US MORE FOR LESS, COMING UP IN PATCH 8.0.5 GUILD MASTERS CAN REJOICE ALL YOU SIMPLY DO IS INVITE PEOPLE TO THE GUILD THERE IS NO WAY TO REMOVE SINCE REMOVING THEM MIGHT HURT THEIR FEELINGS THEY STAY UNTIL THEY DECIDE TO LEAVE - JUST MORE GREAT FEATURES COMING YOUR WAY!

ION H. Your personal remover of everything.
1 Like
In addition to the screwed up guild controls, my members cannot engage in whispers with each other if they are on a different realm. Durotan and Ysera are merged, but if PlayerOne-Ysera attempts to whisper PlayerTwo-Durotan, guild chat omits the realm name, thereby creating a message native to the realm, sending a message to PlayerTwo-Ysera, resulting in the error: "No player named 'PlayerTwo-Ysera' is currently playing." and that's because PlayerTwo is on Durotan. But the chat program does not allow for the multi-realm instance yet.

And as for Rank permissions; In my guild, we allowed all of our members the ability to change Public Notes and to view Officer Notes for Transparency. The only thing Officer Notes had was info on who each character was or which alt they were anyways but it was nice for our members to be able to see each other and to say something about themselves.
07/19/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Tyielerolan
Why on earth would they change something that didn't require a change.

Reminds me of a comment Crepe made about them consolidating all the travel forms for Druid into a single button long ago.

"It's nothing more than Change looking for a Reason."
1 Like
I am a guild master of 5 years and i am $%^#ing furious at these changes....

I structured all my guild ranks around different and very customised permissions and now i am not able to do ANYTHING! people are either officers with all the power in the world or plebs with none. There is NO inbetween anymore and this is NOT something any guild master would EVER ask for.

Blizzard from all the guildmasters out there change this !@#$ back right the hell now. Stop implementing %^-* that no one has asked for just for the sake of saying you did something new.

Either change it back or re-implement the guildmasters ability to do their freakin jobs!!!
I'm never one to run to the forums and criticize, but this change is beyond comprehension.

At work, if one of our software vendors changed it so permissions were basically an all or nothing toggle, I would throw away their software and purchase a new product as fast as I can. You simply just don't do security this way. It makes no sense. A lot of people are going to just check "Is Officer" now for nearly everyone because the alternative is too tedious to their current practices.

Blizz please switch this back to save us from this incomprehensible decision.
-_- yep... making leaders jobs easier...
oh wait... no... nevermind.
As mentioned in the last page, try this:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285759/new-guild-ui-limitations-and-guildroster-command

It gives you the option for the old guild UI. It still baffles me as to why they would make these changes in the first place, frankly, but it's something at least.
Daily bump.

It isn't so much about the UI to me and several of my guildies. While it will take time, we all had our doubts during the Cataclysm Blizzcon and their new take on updating guilds. My main issue is taking the power away from the guildmasters, and attempting to "simplify" the duties for them.

While there may be cases of abuse at the top and in other guilds where raiding and/or PvP is the main focus, many of the smaller guilds, social guilds, casual raiding guilds, and RP guilds, (which I don't have a statistic for, and I'm not going to make one up. But I imagine that takes up the most space in-game in WoW) they had special hierarchies with their permissions. We didn't use the officer note as a specific notecard for officers that said: "This is a problem player" (Which, by the way, if you needed that for a record, you're already dehumanizing yourself to the other player) we used it for our in character ranks or specific trackers we need to keep an eye on. The public note doesn't have a long enough character limit to keep everything we wanted there.

That's my long fight. Progress is the essence of technology and software. It's also a Blizzard mantra. I can learn to live with the new UI, so long as the "Is Officer" super permission is deconstructed.