The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

It’s been 231 days and 2,901 comments later - still silence. lol

Keep up the hard work on your improved communication, Blizzard employees.

7 Likes

Well, seeing the reply they finally made about the portals, I’m not so sure we should be too upset about them not communicating with us here.

“We’ve seen the feedback and think you should all bend over further.”

4 Likes

yep as a gm its srsly trash like does one blizz dev have a guild???

5 Likes

Well, we seem to have made it through the maintenance okay. I haven’t noticed any blue posts telling us their guiding lodestar for guilds is to make sure we don’t have too much control over them, so I guess it’s business as usual.

Here’s another nice post from back in August explaining why these changes don’t work for them and adding a suggestion for bank logs.

Frankly, it’s just my personal stubbornness that’s kept me here this long. My guild is so tiny these changes don’t actually affect me. Well, except in that I’ve no incentive to grow my guild at all if I can’t manage it how I want.

The blue post about portals said the devs want more player interaction, but the one function at the core of player interaction–guilds–they’ve all but cast aside. I feel like I’m dealing with a bipolar person. (I have a close family member who is bipolar, so I have some experience in this.)

9 Likes

Bipolar maybe…sometimes though it seems more like Dissociative Identity Disorder, or what used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder.

"We love guilds! Crossrealm Communities! Here’s something awesome WAIT that’s TOO awesome now…Water…water everywhere…When you farm Dragon Soul what are you doing in Dragon Soul…? Doesn’t the world seem more interactive while you’re in the bathroom?

…Don’t you have lodestars…? We can all see the lodestar…"

Edit: MPD, but also each personality is schizophrenic…:laughing:

6 Likes

Stealth breaks

Whoops! I was supposed to be invisible! Stupid goblin engineering…

Anyhow:

Please revert the permissions so I can get back to focusing on how I get beat up.

6 Likes

Really? We don’t need a thread extension… we need an explanation for such a moronic development decision.

Who seriously looked at this and thought “Yeah, that’s a good idea!”

You guys at Blizzard DO understand that varying levels of rank bestow varying levels of responsibility and privilege, right?

You guys at Blizzard DON’T think that ALL officers in the military have all the same privileges and responsibilities, do you?

You guys at Blizzard DON’T think that ALL officers in the police force have all the same privileges and responsibilities, do you?

You guys at Blizzard DON’T think that ALL management in a giant Corporation have all the same privileges and responsibilities, do you!?

(Honestly… if you failed to see the point I am getting at with the first two examples… You should get it with the last one, since, you know, Blizzard is a giant Corporation… I am sure you, Ythisens, have as much power in Blizzard as the 2IC, don’t you?)

8 Likes

He’s got zero power at Blizzard because he was laid off…

3 Likes

I mean… I kind of expected Blizzard to miss the point of my post…

It was a rhetorical question… insert ANY Blues name there… I used Ythisens, purely because he was the blue who posted in the thread…

4 Likes

Well, you can probably expect them to miss you post entirely. I’m pretty sure they’re not even looking at this thread any more.

That doesn’t mean I’m giving up, though. No siree. I’m going to keep posting until they close this thread or WoW dies, whichever comes first. (And I think it’s going to be a close race.)

Fix the permissions, Blizz!

8 Likes

Well, looky there, I can link stuff. < shrugs >

6 Likes

Guild masters: Phew, Legion is over. BfA looks a little iffy but at least they can’t screw up guilds!

Blizzard:

PLEASE Fix the permissions!

10 Likes

Blizzard. This is the thread you’re looking for.

13 Likes

Checking in again to make sure my voice is heard. Everyone contributing to this discussion needs to keep doing so. So far we’ve been ignored.

As of now, I haven’t assigned anyone in our guild with the “Is Officer” check box since there are certain permissions I will not assign, regardless of rank. As a result of this, nobody in the guild has access to any of those eight privileges since they’re all lumped together in a one-size-fits-all definition of “an officer,” as defined by some Activision Blizzard employee.

Please give us the individual permission customization we had prior to patch 8.0. That’s all I’m asking for.

For further recommendations to help guild management, add a complete log/record system for the guild bank so the guild master can keep track of cumulative records on gold deposits, gold repairs, gold withdraws, item deposits, and item withdraws. If WoW developers can create and maintain a statistics tab with all kinds of totally useless information for my character, they can add a simple feature that lets me keep track of guild bank records. That would actually help guilds and their leaders manage things like donations rather than have to make Google sheets and such. Many other recommendations to help guilds have already been provided in this thread.

Please address this problem. This thread began on July 17, 2018. We’re now at March 9, 2019. Wow. I’m not asking for an apology. Just revert the permissions change. That’s it. Many people have already given detailed explanations and feedback over the MANY pages here.

You have what you need, and the “discussion” has already occurred. Read it, and pass the information along to the next group of people who need to make the correction. Failure to do so will just further the stereotypes of poor communication and the apparent growing disregard for the gaming community at Activision Blizzard.

I will continue to check in here until the change is made. Everyone else needs to do so, too.

Wretchedmist
GM of Obsidian Spur
2004 Horde launch guild

6 Likes

That’s nothing new. Say they communicate, say they talk to people about things… continue to do what they want because “My way or the High Way” mentality.

Lots of people choosing the fast lane. Kind of sad.

It’s good to keep trying though, until it becomes a chore just like the state of the game.

4 Likes

Continuing my read-through of this thread, pulling up and highlighting feedback that Blizzard apparently missed the first time through. Here’s a short but sweet little idea from Kohmet back in August:

What’s so marvelous about this idea is it’s suggesting options. It’s not saying, “Get rid of perma-chat.” It’s advocating the option to choose how long the guild master feels the chat should stick around. You know, so they can choose what works for their particular guild.

Because, you know, not everything works for everybody in every situation.

Fix the permissions, Blizz.

6 Likes

Hey, We are almost at 3000 posts !

2 Likes

I have been told (in another thread) that what I’m doing here is “quote spamming” and that it is not helpful.

My intention has always been highlight the useful posts that Blizzard has obviously overlooked. I say “obviously” because Ion specifically asked for feedback, which means either they overlooked the feedback already given, or they never read it to begin with. I’m not actually posting quotes for the benefit of other readers/posters (though they might find benefit in it) but for any Blizzard employee who might actually come here to see what we’re talking about.

If I am wrong to do this, I would assume a CM would have told me so by now. So, with that in mind, here is another post from earlier in the thread.

The above is a critique of Blizzard as well as the guild changes, but it is not a simple “I don’t like it” with a threat to unsub (as I was told is the case of everything in this thread–or at least everything the person telling me such has seen). It also offers suggestions for improvements and mentions some work-arounds. So, personally, I feel it is a post worth highlighting.

8 Likes

Don’t worry about that too much… Because, you know, duct taping your obvious attempt to kill Discord clumsily to your guild system to artificially enforce parity and drive use is STILL A BAD IDEA.

11 Likes

So, continuing my read-through. Look like I’m practically the only regular poster left, but that’s okay. I’m going to keep highlighting feedback for Blizzard like Ion asked until they tell me they don’t need any more. OR until I run out of things to highlight. If that happens, maybe I’ll just write my own feedback until they tell me they’ve had enough.

Here’s a post about a particular feature that’s an issue with the poster’s guild and the less-than-satisfactory work-around they’re using:

I’m sure that Rising-Sun isn’t the only guild that doesn’t want to give the MotD permissions to every officer. That leaves leaves precious few viable options for getting the word out to folks and simply makes management even harder than it already is.

Fix the permissions, Blizz.

8 Likes