The new Delve Difficulty Is AWESOME!

This would be music to a slave-driving boss’ ears.

1 Like

If its an actual issue tuning will happen but the general idea is attempting to make everyone have around the same chances at failure regardless of role. Tanks being tanks if damage and hp wasn’t higher could just outlive everything and slow walk them. The entire point of delves is to have a fail state unlike other solo and small group content.

Lol? You do realize tank self-sustain was gutted, right?

1 Like

it’s not. i’ve seen tanks solo mythic TWW bosses after the heals died. it’s fine.

i think it is, but he doesnt know it

nah its a troll i cant see post but its hidden so im assuming its a troll post seeing thats why have them on ignore in the first place

I mean…everyone’s ‘slow walking’ right now. DPS and healers by necessity, and tanks got kicked down from slow walking to not even crawling. Because they’re dead on the ground from white hits from trash mobs. :dracthyr_lulmao:

K. Go try Zekvir as prot on ?? difficulty. Tell me how to outplay 4.4m melee swings.

1 Like

No.

Elden ring sucks. Time to cancel the sub. Delves we’re actually something I wanted to play. Now, nope. Ruined horn new feature in one hotfix blizz. GG you morons.

1 Like

Can’t have people not being funneled into stupid dumb easy raid content to prop it up. Any other content has to either be worthless or be mechanically and objectively harder.

Organizing a calendar definitely deserves the highest gear rewards.

1 Like

i cant wait for them to revert the nerf and make delve trivial instead. they cant make it right. either its giga trivial or impossible( apparently even tho its not)

Meanwhile, the ads:

Have a quick 15 minutes? Do a breezy fun delve!

2 Likes

1 Like

“Bite-sized content” that you can smash out “in 15 minutes”. People defending this are delusional.

3 Likes

B8 thread is B8

“Done before your coffee gets cold!”

1 Like

The funny thing about this is that mythic scaling is lower than what tanks are dealing with in delves currently. Whatever esoteric scaling system they designed for delves doesn’t have parity with dungeons or raids, and it’s really showing through right now. But that’s kinda beside the point, as right now something’s broken with tanks in delves. There’s no way it’s intended for a solo tank to be taking millions per hit from basically every attack in a T8.

What kind of insane person thought having a delve-wide aura that makes tanks the most unfun role(and borderline unplayable) in delves is a good design choice?

1 Like

Here’s a thought - make the challenge something like, oh I don’t know, actual challenging mechanics.

This is the biggest disappointment so far - there aren’t any actual challenging mechanics, it’s just raw tuning amped up to 11 for artifical difficulty.

1 Like

A lot of folks draw comparisons to Torghast, but I can’t relate since I skipped SL. However, horrific visions in BfA in a lot of ways felt better than this. It had a timer which I personally hate (I’m glad delves don’t have timers), but aside from that I think they were executed better. The major mechanics in there weren’t necessarily damaging to your health bar, and in fact your health bar was rarely a concern. It was the sanity bar you had to watch, and pretty much everything that affected it was an avoidable mechanic aside from the passive drain over time. I like that approach for solo content. More avoidable mechanics, less unavoidable ones.

This has a lot to do with me generally being bad at zerging, though. If I can spend 10 minutes fighting something because everything’s avoidable and I’m bad at pressing buttons, I’d rather do that than fight something I only have a minute to kill before its damage output overwhelms me.

1 Like