The new 9.2 tier sets look terrible... I'm sorry

Not only that, but they are reskins of an HD remake of an even older raid tier from TBC. And even with TWO layers of unoriginality stacked onto them, they are still more inspired and exciting than the new sets.

Especially the warlock one. The “new” reskin of a remodel of a TBC set for Warlocks is one of the best sets they’ve ever put in this game.

2 Likes

See, I like the pally one because it is relatively simple. Looks thr most like real Armour out of the lot.

Different preferences and all that! :laughing:

I agree with every word of this.

i hate to break it to you, but some people like the tier sets to fit their class lore.

the warrior set is down right ugly. everything is square, almost like blizzard just doesn’t care.

1 Like

I really don’t enjoy them but I don’t think they’re bad from a technical stand point. I just think the concepts aren’t inspiring for a fantasy game.

i don’t know what sets you been looking at, but they all pretty much do share the same colour scheme. one may have a bit more black then the next. but they are pretty much black grey and white.

i am a warrior, i want to look cool. not like a lump of rock, kinda sick of this give the warrior a stone wall look. it’s over played.

I disagree, I like these sets more than anything the expansion has come out with so far.

beat me to it. they will complain about things that has no significance whatsoever. now time for me to head back over to the remove melee survival hunter and give me back my ranged survival train.

We don’t talk about the art team like that. We love the art team.

2 Likes

I just miss how old tier sets used to be themed around the CLASS first, then maybe had some flavor of the tier/raid/expansion thrown in

now it seems they are HEAVILY themed and generic around the patch/raid/expansion and have barely recognizable minor details about them that MAY lean towards a few different classes

Back in the day…you KNEW a warlock because the tier screamed “WARLOCK”, same with other classes…you could identify the class just by what they wore for tier…now(transmog aside, I’m talking specific raid sets/tier) everyone looks so bland, nothing defining them from other classes by looks

just my opinion, others may differ

Have you heard of new looks for transmog? Yeah we have transmog, that doesn’t mean they just release garbage because we can use old gear. This is just pure lazy. They havent released sets in forever, and the first time they do its almost as good looking as leveling gear.

I like a handful of them and I think overall, those tier sets look better than many of the “armor type only” sets we got in BfA and in SL. I like some of them so much I intend on actually raiding on a couple of toons to get them.

When they said that removing class tier sets would give them more creative freedom they were lying. Or at least, the reality did not meet expectations.

I think the sets are ok looking. Like many here my problem lies in them looking generally the same color wise. I can’t personally tell from the wowhead photos which set belongs to who and maybe that says something.

Its pretty obvious these sets are meant to reflect a general theme but that theme isnt really based on class and more on expansion. Id actually say 9.2 specifically and the content it is releasing. Assuming I grabbed all these sets, an expansion or 2 in the future when I try to decide on a set to transmog to I don’t think these will be an option as they just don’t feel like they were designed to feel like a reflection of a class.

My response doesnt add anything new but its another voice. The sets can’t and won’t be changed but as someone else said it would be nice if they felt more class specific but they can certainly still be themed to the raid in question/patch in question.